Corto Nuovo Prototype first fishing trip

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Corto Nuovo Prototype first fishing trip

Post by Craigthor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Got the Nuovo Prototype wet today, along with taking a dip myself in thigh deep water. Soaked from the waist down in 31 degree air, though was able to free the Brookie that got himself tangled. Brookie made it away with my spoon but we all made it out safely.

This rod is definitely in a different league compared to the ‘18 Corto I recently got my hands on. This rod fishes much more crisp and has a smooth even bend when under load. Casting was a treat with clean short snaps would send even a 0.8g spoon down stream. Didn’t cast at the top of the spectrum due to such tight quarters and shallow water but mid spectrum this rod really shines.

Couple of the pools I got into only one fish at the end but this rod is super versatile.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Corto Nuovo Prototype first fishing trip

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Good report......glad you made it out ok. I rolled a kayak on the Caney Fork River back in December 2009 in 35 degree weather and had a miserable 1/4 mile walk out. Your report about the rod doesn’t surprise me. If we want to play....we got to pay.

Regards

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Alphahawk wrote:Good report......glad you made it out ok. I rolled a kayak on the Caney Fork River back in December 2009 in 35 degree weather and had a miserable 1/4 mile walk out. Your report about the rod doesn’t surprise me. If we want to play....we got to pay.

Regards
Yeah I was lucky just lost the fish and a spoon, plus my pride was a bit wet. I was less than 100 yards from the car but it was a wet ride home. Once I move a couple of rods out I may try one of the upper series but with winter here all I can do is watch right now. Glad you made it out thats some cold weather to roll a yak in. A budy here yaks almost all year round though he runs a wet or dry suit depending on weather. If I had my waders on today would have been fine, common sense says I should have just cut the line but the fish was so tied to the bottom I wanted to get him free.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Craigthor wrote:
Alphahawk wrote:Good report......glad you made it out ok. I rolled a kayak on the Caney Fork River back in December 2009 in 35 degree weather and had a miserable 1/4 mile walk out. Your report about the rod doesn’t surprise me. If we want to play....we got to pay.

Regards
Yeah I was lucky just lost the fish and a spoon, plus my pride was a bit wet. I was less than 100 yards from the car but it was a wet ride home. Once I move a couple of rods out I may try one of the upper series but with winter here all I can do is watch right now. Glad you made it out thats some cold weather to roll a yak in. A budy here yaks almost all year round though he runs a wet or dry suit depending on weather. If I had my waders on today would have been fine, common sense says I should have just cut the line but the fish was so tied to the bottom I wanted to get him free.
I need to sell some rods but hate to part with any of them, but if I want to keep trying different rods I’m going to have to sooner or later.

Regards

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Got some solid time on the water today and this rod really allows you to control the stream. Super sensitive that feels every little nip at the spoon, bump off of a rock, or when you hit the brush on the other side. Fished mid spectrum with a 3g spoon for most of the fishing and this rod loads amazingly. Did some casting with a 5g spoon also and it really loads up and still keeps the pin point accuracy.

https://i.imgur.com/ArHPH0C.mp4

UL Ace
Angler
Angler

Post by UL Ace » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Very nice =D>

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Good info and beautiful fish.

Regards

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Beeeeaytiful fish! I'd be delighted to catch fish like that - on spoons.... =D> =D> =D>