Megabass Valkyrie Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Valkyrie Rods

Post by Cristo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks for all the intel on your particular rod choice Goldie! She sounds to be definitely a winner! Gives me something to look forward to 8-)

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am

Cristo wrote:Thanks for all the intel on your particular rod choice Goldie! She sounds to be definitely a winner! Gives me something to look forward to 8-)

I won't lie to you, since I've gotten this rod, I've been standing on my mouse not to buy another just yet.
I thoroughly enjoy the rod. I was waiting for both my ZPI spools but the post office is thorough enjoying torturing me by sending them everywhere but to my house and updating me with the tracking.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

The 7’6” heavy just arrived.
It really seem to make a long weeks work seem ok.

My initial take on the stick is it’s beefy but not heavy.
I just put a Steez Ltd on it with 20lb floro and a 3/8oz divine swim jig just to get a couple
Cast out. When I unpacked the rod ( which was only half as hard due to the inadequate packaging)
And got it out, I immediately coould discern between it and the 7’1” heavy I have.
I’m not sure on this model how much of a difference the handle extension makes but
I’ve got both of my TDZ type R with zpi m and pg spools paired with deep throat custom and shallow
Fast moving special. Off to water land I go.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

goldrod wrote:The 7’6” heavy just arrived.
It really seem to make a long weeks work seem ok.

My initial take on the stick is it’s beefy but not heavy.
I just put a Steez Ltd on it with 20lb floro and a 3/8oz divine swim jig just to get a couple
Cast out. When I unpacked the rod ( which was only half as hard due to the inadequate packaging)
And got it out, I immediately coould discern between it and the 7’1” heavy I have.
I’m not sure on this model how much of a difference the handle extension makes but
I’ve got both of my TDZ type R with zpi m and pg spools paired with deep throat custom and shallow
Fast moving special. Off to water land I go.

You have my attention...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 am

Fishing it next to my Faust same line just a core 100mG
And it’s heavier but rated at twice the max. The weight seems to be in the handle
More. Seems like it’s a fulcrum but I still trying to figure it out. The 7’1” is closer in rating to the Faust but is lighter

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:51 am

Hey Goldie what do you make of the adjustable handle, is it something you see failing down the road as far as a working mechanism seems like everyone on the thread is pretty happy with the rod concept and handle as a whole. I myself have been majorly bored but the Valks have been steadily picking at my interests thus far. I definitely see myself operating one of these bad boys down the line. 8-) I bet your specimen would be fun to toss a Big M on :big grin:

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 pm

I originally thought these rods were ugly, nonsensical, and overpriced. Now I have one on the way. Yes, I’m a weak, weak man. Now to see which reel it pairs best with

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Cristo wrote:Hey Goldie what do you make of the adjustable handle, is it something you see failing down the road as far as a working mechanism seems like everyone on the thread is pretty happy with the rod concept and handle as a whole. I myself have been majorly bored but the Valks have been steadily picking at my interests thus far. I definitely see myself operating one of these bad boys down the line. 8-) I bet your specimen would be fun to toss a Big M on :big grin:
Been working so Im just getting to respond to your post.
the extended handle seems well thought out and I think that if you use it as designed it will serve you well. I personally think its a beautiful stick especially with the right reel to compliment the handle. IMO one of the best rods I own by Megabass and that 7'1" is just something you never want to put down.

Im looking to get another myself
probably another 7'1"

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:44 pm

I am getting all boned up for the 7'6" :big grin: Thanks for the encouraging words Goldie, thank you sir =D>

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Anyone using the 7’2” heavy?
Looking for some feedback

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:51 am

I just purchased the 7'2" Heavy and trying to decide if I am going to keep it or trade for the slightly lighter 7'1" Heavy (216g vs. 183g).

If I decide to keep the 7'2", I should get out with it later this week.

Doc

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Please keep us posted and thanks for sharing =D>

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:03 am

Cristo wrote:Please keep us posted and thanks for sharing =D>

Im interested as well.
I've got too many ideas right now and need to finalize some things.
Looks like my feb is clearing up and I will be able to travel on the weekends. I've got to leave this weekend but Im
going to be back soon and take a week off during some good weather. South Fl here I come

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:55 pm

goldrod wrote:Anyone using the 7’2” heavy?
Looking for some feedback
Mine arrived this week, and the rod is beautiful. Won't be able to do any fishing with frozen water but hoping to do a little backyard casting this weekend and compare side by side with my other "similar" setups. Planning to pair with a SV103XS.

I will say I was a little apprehensive about how/why this rod is significantly heavier than the 71H and 74H+ but it doesn't feel heavy at all

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:24 pm

The Flippin rod is a beast of a rod.
I went to the St. John’s today and used a heavy jig. It handles flipping jigs with grace.
A lot of the pro bass anglers were there and boat traffic and regular traffic caused me to get off the water