Tatula SV vs. Zillion SV

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula SV vs. Zillion SV

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Zillion is worth the extra $100 and if so why?  Thanks!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tatula SV vs. Zillion SV

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm

I didn't think so.....that being said, I did sell all except one of my Tatula SV's, and kept the Zillions. :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:40 pm

Nobody can say what's worth for somebody of $100.

But for me amount of spool swaps are worth that sv Zillion costs.

And it's nice strong small reel. I wouldn't say that Tatula isn't, but Zillion is better. And better is always good :D Have to saý my Tatula ct Type-r wasn't bad deal. Tatula SV I don't have personally tried.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm

I have them both. Zillion SV is great because of spool interchangeability, but thats it. Stock to stock, the Zillion casts further. Tatula SV has a stronger brake profile. In reality, 2 different animals. In my opinion, Id just buy the Tatula SV and a set of spool bearings. Lol. Keep the brake setting low.
<")))><{

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

I have both and both are fine reels. They are pretty close in comparison for me

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am

How does the paint hold up on the Zillion? I thought I heard it wasn't that great. Maybe that was another model though.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 am

Mine is scratchless. Paint have hold up 100%. But I try to not to drop my reels and handle those with care.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am

Big-Bass wrote:How does the paint hold up on the Zillion? I thought I heard it wasn't that great. Maybe that was another model though.
The paint on the SV TW is excellent. The previous TWS reels had bad paint.
This is the way.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am

Paint is great on mine as well

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:16 am

Here’s my spools for my sv tw Zillion. Maybe I should buy another reel :-D Morethan PE sw maybe. 2 Of these spools are new, 1 another one Steez 103 spool and I’ze factory HLC spool. New steez 103 spool needs HLC spring to be installed. After that it’s just perfect. That spool is for Mono, if I want to fish in freezing conditions. Probably I just take line for sv tw Zillions original spool. HLC spool I haven’t tried yet. Just tried that installs properly on roll good. Inductor appears similar like OG HLC Zillion, but it movement is much smaller. And spring in this Steez sized HLC spool seems much weaker than in OG HLC Zillion. But I have available new HLC spring for this smaller HLC spool also. But maybe this spool works just good as it is now. But right now there’s too much snow for cast tests. Have to wait that spring melts snow a little bit.
Attachments
sv_tv_Zillion_spools5.JPG
sv_tv_Zillion_spools5.JPG (269.74 KiB) Viewed 9883 times
sv_tv_Zillion_spools3.JPG
sv_tv_Zillion_spools3.JPG (190.55 KiB) Viewed 9883 times
sv_tv_Zillion_spools2.JPG
sv_tv_Zillion_spools2.JPG (173.8 KiB) Viewed 9883 times
sv_tv_Zillion_spools1.JPG
sv_tv_Zillion_spools1.JPG (193.7 KiB) Viewed 9883 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 am

jvelth74 wrote:Here’s my spools for my sv tw Zillion. Maybe I should buy another reel :-D Morethan PE sw maybe. 2 Of these spools are new, 1 another one Steez 103 spool and I’ze factory HLC spool. New steez 103 spool needs HLC spring to be installed. After that it’s just perfect. That spool is for Mono, if I want to fish in freezing conditions. Probably I just take line for sv tw Zillions original spool. HLC spool I haven’t tried yet. Just tried that installs properly on roll good. Inductor appears similar like OG HLC Zillion, but it movement is much smaller. And spring in this Steez sized HLC spool seems much weaker than in OG HLC Zillion. But I have available new HLC spring for this smaller HLC spool also. But maybe this spool works just good as it is now. But right now there’s too much snow for cast tests. Have to wait that spring melts snow a little bit.
You need at least 2 more reels. Those spools shouldn't just sit. :mrgreen:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 am

After some fair searching, you should find the Zillion SV TW a good bit cheaper than the listed $300. I paid around $245 for one and $235 for the other, both 7.3 RH and both new. I guess the Tatula SV has such good deals available that there is still roughly a $100 gap though.

I like the Zillion SV TW because of more gear support, free floating spool and dual supported pinion. The spool swap ability is nice too and there is no chance of "sticking" on the Zillion SV TW spool due to the updated white ramp design. Some people also like the knobs much better on the Zillion, you can buy them for about $20 a knob while the Tatula style knobs are less desired generally.

An advantage of the Tatula SV would be the 8 ratio option; I wish both of my Zillion's were 8 gear's. The other positive that comes to mind is color for me. I have had no issues with the Zillion SV's paint/coat, just not a big fan of the blue/gray color.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 am

American Legacy has the 6.3 and 7.3 Zillions for $229.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:14 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:American Legacy has the 6.3 and 7.3 Zillions for $229.
Thanks for the info. Just ordered one :big grin:

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:33 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:American Legacy has the 6.3 and 7.3 Zillions for $229.
Tackle Trap does as well.