Zillion sv tw getting phased out

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Zillion sv tw getting phased out

Post by domthewon » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 pm

Looks like the zillion sv tw is starting to get phased out at certain retailers. Glad they are dropping the price, but I really hope this isn’t the last we see of the zillion. It’s always been a solid workhorse of a reel, and I would love a new version not based off a tatula. .

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Zillion sv tw getting phased out

Post by Cracker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:11 pm

IMO, silly move.

Get that Zillion TW SV with ZPI M or PG spool, and the reel is soooo good for any applications.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Sounds like Daiwa has something against the Zillions. They did the same thing with the SV103. I'm sure something else is in the works.

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Cracker wrote:IMO, silly move.

Get that Zillion TW SV with ZPI M or PG spool, and the reel is soooo good for any applications.
What is the difference between the M and PG spools? I just ordered a Zillion today and am looking at possibly buying one of these.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 pm

I still wish I picked up an SV103 :crying:

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:49 pm

Uknowme wrote:

What is the difference between the M and PG spools? I just ordered a Zillion today and am looking at possibly buying one of these.
One is shallow - M, another one is deeper spool -PG.

You will be able to install ZPI NRC-M spool to STEEZ SV-TWS, ZILLION SV-TWS, RYOGA 1016, and T3 (except AIR)!
It provides tourble-less easy casting and is equipped with high performance Sic-BB 1154x1034.
Best suitable for 10-14 lb. class fluoro carbon line with super light spool and brake roter, exclusively designed for Daiwa reels.

You will be able to install ZPI NRC-PG spool to STEEZ SV-TWS, ZILLION SV-TWS, RYOGA 1016, and T3 (except AIR)!
It provides tourble-less easy casting and is equipped with high performance Sic-BB 1154x1034.
Best suitable for 16 lb. class fluoro carbon line with super light spool and brake roter, exclusively designed for Daiwa reels.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:07 am

Completely agree. Adding the one worm gear bearing helps too. Even stock it is a very good reel. The nrc spools just make it that much better.

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

smallies wrote:I still wish I picked up an SV103 :crying:
I did. Got a drawer full of them NIB. Still pick them up when I find them. One of the best reels Daiwa ever made.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 am

fishonsc wrote:
I did. Got a drawer full of them NIB. Still pick them up when I find them. One of the best reels Daiwa ever made.
Ill buy one off of ya :)

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:24 pm

smallies wrote:
fishonsc wrote:
Mark me down for one as well :o . I ended up buying the zillion because I could not find a SV103. I found one on a certain auction site but it was a lefty.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:38 am

smallies wrote:
fishonsc wrote:
Second that, I wanted a 7.9 RH bad. They went so cheap at TackleWarehouse too and I disregarded them. Have 2 Zillion SV TW's though and they are fine. I hope they don't do away with the name. Would be nice to see a reel in between the Steez A and Tatula 100 on that same frame/style...

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 am

smallies wrote:
fishonsc wrote:
Sorry I am hoarding them. :D

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Love my sv103's, black and chrome 8-) . Thought the zillion sv tw looked bland and cheap. Hope the next zillion is kickass

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:31 pm

domthewon wrote:Looks like the zillion sv tw is starting to get phased out at certain retailers. Glad they are dropping the price, but I really hope this isn’t the last we see of the zillion. It’s always been a solid workhorse of a reel, and I would love a new version not based off a tatula. .
Which retailers

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Looks like the zillion sv tw is starting to get phased out at certain retailers. Glad they are dropping the price, but I really hope this isn’t the last we see of the zillion. It’s always been a solid workhorse of a reel, and I would love a new version not based off a tatula. .
Which retailers
Here's one for ya, and i'm in no way affiliated with them.
https://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/d ... -reel.html