Bfs line

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
yak_fishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Bfs line

Post by yak_fishing » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi all, just need your help choosing a line for my 2016 shimano aldebaran bfs.The lines i have cut it down to are duel armored f+/or pro, ygk g-soul upgrade 0.6pe (14lb), wft gliss 8lb, fireline ultra 8 6lb, fireline crystal 3lb/4lb or suffix 832 6lb. This reel will be used for australian bream and trout, with 3,4 and 6lb leaders. Please do not consider the price of the line when leaving your comment as i wont be.

Thanks for any reply

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bfs line

Post by Edward78 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 pm

I have used 12lb Gliss and 8lb PowerPro and just spooled some 6lb Fireline Crystal on my Daiwa Alphas Air. The Gliss is the best casting hands down but for some reason I think I like the braid the best, can’t tell you why but I do. I will update on the Fireline when I use it, probably this Wednesday trout fishing I will.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:38 pm

I have 0.12mm Sufix Matrix Pro on several BfS reels and really like it. I also have WFT Gliss on an Aldebaran w KTF spool, but dislike the line a little because it gets easily twisted when I use inline spinners (despite double barrel swivel).

The matrix pro line is a cheaper version of the Sufix 832, which gets my vote.

Patex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Patex » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 am

I use a lot Duel Armoured F-Pro braid and JDM Super Fireline because it is hard body PE with FC leader. I been using BFS reels since 2013 and found that soft PE does not behave properly. I use a lot of straight FC Sunline Shooter BMS and Invisible.
I fish a lot of narrow rivers and canals with vegetation and bushes with close quarter casts. In these situation I find straight fluoro to work better. Once braid wraps around a branch or twig no chance to untangle it, whereas FC is easy to shake off.