Reel Selection

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Reel Selection

Post by goldrod » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:17 am

When you decide to sale what are your deciding factors ?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Reel Selection

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:52 am

Dont like the reel. Funding another project. Things like that?
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:Dont like the reel. Funding another project. Things like that?

MY IS73 is rodless and I could sell it but can't bring myself to do it..
I have an Alde MG 7 tuned by Ian, sweet reel and will just flat out cast and I could sell it but when i pick it up i fall in love again..lol i was just looking at the reels on my mantel that I have nothing going on with and trying to filter them out..
like my scorpions 1000 svs reels both have longer handles and are old and clean.. super clean
I said i will sell some stuff off and i will i guess i just have to stop touching them..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:07 am

goldrod wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:Dont like the reel. Funding another project. Things like that?

MY IS73 is rodless and I could sell it but can't bring myself to do it..
I have an Alde MG 7 tuned by Ian, sweet reel and will just flat out cast and I could sell it but when i pick it up i fall in love again..lol i was just looking at the reels on my mantel that I have nothing going on with and trying to filter them out..
like my scorpions 1000 svs reels both have longer handles and are old and clean.. super clean
I said i will sell some stuff off and i will i guess i just have to stop touching them..
Sounds like you got some problems. :lol:
<")))><{

Patex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Patex » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:29 am

1. Try not sell at all (always feel sorry). I had a rod that I sold and bought 3 times (the same rod) at the end I let it go :lol:
2. Consolidating ( try to use same brand/model or at least have two or three of each reel). One of my favorite platform is Alphas, don't ask me how many of them I have... :D

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Sell? Blasphemy. [-X

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:07 pm

I sell impulsively, much the same way I buy. If I think about it too long, I talk myself out of it. Most often, if its not being used regularly, it goes on the chopping block. It has become a fun little sidenote to actually going fishing. I take a loss most times, much like a bad gambler lol!
Patex wrote: One of my favorite platform is Alphas, don't ask me how many of them I have... :D
That sounds familiar!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:46 am

fund another project or purchase, or just didnt like the reel. i sold some shimanos that needed some work and i couldnt get time to get to them so i sold them cheap to somebody who was willing to fix and use them. but like the other members have said some reels i just cant get rid of and they are not even in use. I sold 12 sv 103s last year and im still hurting on that one but at least they went to a good home.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 am

I sell mine when i get the itch to try a new reel or one that gets lots of praise.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:I sell impulsively, much the same way I buy. If I think about it too long, I talk myself out of it. Most often, if its not being used regularly, it goes on the chopping block. It has become a fun little sidenote to actually going fishing. I take a loss most times, much like a bad gambler lol!
Yep, yep and yep....

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Got tired of "shelf queens" really nice reels that were to purty to fish. Only kept one, the IP68L Dragon. Used the money to fund newer reels that I would actually use and not worry about a scratch. 2 Bantam Mgl, a Zillion HLC and a couple Tatula CT Type-R.
Actually don't miss them, maybe the IS63 Racing Illusion a little, but all in all very happy with the new additions. No worries, just fish em like ya stole em.!!!

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Patex wrote: One of my favorite platform is Alphas, don't ask me how many of them I have... :D
I think I am up to 8 Alphas reels. Tim needs to stop selling me his. :laugh1:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:44 pm

new2BC4bass wrote:
Just counted....I have 10 variants at the moment, including 4 NIB TD Sol....I keep telling myself, "It's a healthy obsession".... 8-[
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:17 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
new2BC4bass wrote:
Just counted....I have 10 variants at the moment, including 4 NIB TD Sol....I keep telling myself, "It's a healthy obsession".... 8-[
:-k :big grin:
NIB

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:24 pm

goldrod wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
new2BC4bass wrote:
:-k :big grin:
NIB
My wife has instructions to bury me with those guys.