New Tatula100

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Tatula100

Post by johnD » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
johnD wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:I will say this about the new 100 compared to my CT SV. The new 100 feels more plasticy in the hand. It kinda feels to me how the OG Steez did in the hand. Even though they were the high end models, it just seemed weird. I really just need to get it out and cast it with some baits. I spooled it with the 40lb J Braid x8 Grand.
That's the same thing people said about the SS SV and T3. What are the Tat 100 gears made of?
Brass. The feeling is due to the plastic sideplates. Its got a "cheap" feeling to it. Not $100 Doyo cheap, but for a Daiwa, it is. Really I cant complain much since I managed to get it for a great price. I personally prefer the "feel" of the CT SV better. If you follow me on Instagram, you will see the breakdown.
Yo Bro , I hit ya up IG. I wanna see this reel , lol.
Go to UB. I did a teardown on it. Oh, and have since sold it,. :lol:
I found it.

trevor60
Angler
Angler

Post by trevor60 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

Good Evening

have you seen the latest video from Brent Erhler... I like they way he break down lakes and fishes so i do pay attention to his equipment choices and he fishes 200+ days a year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HWMNPEM20

He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw he did fish the steez allot last year. I know sponsorship means you need to move forward with current models but a $450 reel to a $159 reel seems to be a huge change. He talks about it being compact and connected (sensitive). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-KvdUKjD6Q

Does anyone have both care to share your thoughts.
Does the Tatula 100 gears fit in the Steez A TW.

Trevor

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 am

trevor60 wrote: He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw...

Trevor

He drew the short straw.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
LowRange wrote:Come on Cal lol. Word filtering like bassresource... :lol:
If he hand't used the forum to promote his own agenda, there wouldn't have been a problem. [-X
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:34 am

I just got a new Tatula 100 (why could they not have called it a 90 to ease confusion) last week from Tackle Trap so I could get the Huk shirt promotion. I haven't fished it yet, but I'm pretty impressed. It really is smaller than the CT and palms quite nicely.

The Zero Adjuster actually looks really nice in person and not like cheap plastic. Digging in my spare parts boxes I put a Zillion Type R drag star on it, a cheap Chinese carbon fiber handle, and a normal handle nut and red retainer. It looks rather sweet now. The stock knobs are really nice. The stock spool is a bit heavier than the CT TypeR spool so I swapped it out. I also have a DIY spool somewhere that will get some time.

It palms very similar to a TDZ in the nose area IMO. The mag dial is a little sharp, but it is pretty recessed so I don't think it will be a problem. I think it is going to be a winner for me.

I would 100% buy 1 with an aluminum palm plate and a floating standard sized SV spool with a Zillion name on it.

DaveJ

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm

I pulled the trigger on two 8.1's last night. I am slowly rebuilding my arsenal, post divorce, and was either going to go with another pair of zillion sv tw's or go the 1016 steez A route, but ended up deciding these two tat 100s will get me through this season until the new zillion comes out. It will be hard not to modify it though...it needs a handle out of the box.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Pictures after mods:

DaveJ

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:53 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:Pictures after mods:

DaveJ
Looks good. I did a carbon fiber handle and a Zion star on tbe one I had before I sold it off. They are way better looking after for sure.
<")))><{

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 pm

My two 8.1's came in. Palm excellently...better than my steez with the way I hold them. It's like it has a little more meat on the gear side for my fingers to grab. Makes my 894 feel balanced. I think the '20 zillion will be based on this, and be a slightly 'heftier' steez.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

Is there a consensus on that spool's performance? We got a little feedback earlier in the thread, but I was looking for more opinions on its niche.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
trevor60 wrote: He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw...

Trevor

He drew the short straw.
agreed. the tatula100 feels nowhere as nice as the steez a, in fact the older tatula feel much better.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 pm

trevor60 wrote:Good Evening

have you seen the latest video from Brent Erhler... I like they way he break down lakes and fishes so i do pay attention to his equipment choices and he fishes 200+ days a year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HWMNPEM20

He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw he did fish the steez allot last year. I know sponsorship means you need to move forward with current models but a $450 reel to a $159 reel seems to be a huge change. He talks about it being compact and connected (sensitive). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-KvdUKjD6Q

Does anyone have both care to share your thoughts.
Does the Tatula 100 gears fit in the Steez A TW.

Trevor
Didn't look like he got rid of "all" his Steez As :lol:

This is from a MLF tournament in February
https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-pro ... ke-conroe/

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Tackle Warehouse has a new 60th Anniversary Tatula 100. Just has some special anodizing on the frame that looks kinda like Zaion and a Red Spider logo on the palm plate. Would have been nice to give it a proper handle nut and retainer in the process.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_6 ... -T1N6.html

DaveJ

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm

This new version was released at the Classic today. I was told only a couple 1000 of these to be made. Guys at the Tackle Trap have them for sale at Expo.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:14 am

I doubt any daiwa pro gets to choose which reel they market. They want ehler using a reel at the Tatula price point, but he likes the size of the steez. Daiwa probably felt others would be of the same opinion. Voila! A tatula 100.