Seditions and some others.

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Seditions and some others.

Post by RISE » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Rarely post here any more, but wanted to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Sedition Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection. Some that I've had for a while, but havent gotten to use also saw time. With right around 200-ish sticks in the active lineup/collection (many of which I've yet to fish) I'm doing the best I can to spend some time with each of them, but it's going to take a while...well worth the wait so far, and for me...the journey is half the fun.
I'm really diggin the Sedition builds. They are gorgeous and unique to say the least. Cleanly executed, well thought-out designs using quality components...what's not to like?
For anyone interested...The Hooligan is a very nice stick. Loads up well on the cast with a 3/8 oz lead head jig and trailer that I used for testing. Sensitivity is also very good, and the rod was able to paint a clear picture of the bottom composition. Rod is slightly tip-heavy which is a bit surprising at this length, but balances fairly well with a Steez SV TW on board, and I'm not one to really be bothered by this, unless it's really bad. It's not a deal-breaker, but worth mentioning IMO. The big question...Is it worth the retail price??? I'll need more time with it to answer that honestly. I own many outstanding bottom contact rods, so the hooligan will need to earn its stripes, so-to-speak. We will see if it can do so in the coming weeks, as it didn't "blow my socks off", but I also have high expectations of rods in this 600.00 and up price bracket.

Seditions in following pics:
White Falcon
Cristobal Limited
Bloody
Hooligan
Lion Heart (2)

From left to right on deck:
Poison Ultima 172H/MB IS Viola/MB Corks
Luxxe Oltre B69MH/Steez ltd/7.9 Brass Gears/KTF Kahen Neo/Ringa SLC Corks
Designo Leben Torque Tune 610MHRST 4S/Steez SV TW
MB X7 EM/Steez SV TW XH/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs/YT Fusions
Luxxe Oltre B67M/Steez CT/OGs
EG Rapid Gunner RSR/19 Morethan/90mm I'ze Factory CF/OGs/Ito Retainer screw
Sedition Hooligan/Steez SV TW XH/KTF Kahen Neo Spool/YT Fusions
Sedition Cristobal Ltd./MB Zonda/MB Zonda Honeycomb/HH Dragstar/Ito 80mm CF/Calfish matte black painted palm plate
Fragment Factory ROAR 73/Lin 10 BJ/Studio Composite KTF Ltd hand pinstriped 98mm CF handle
MB X7 EM/Steex EX XS/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs

Last edited by RISE on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Seditions and some others.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Something certainly just rised :shock:
Good to see you posting again bud.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Nice sticks, Greg! Btw, you've developed the worst case of JDM fever I have ever seen.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:36 pm

RISE wrote:Rarely post here any more, but wanted to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Sedition Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection. Some that I've had for a while, but havent gotten to use also saw time. With right around 200-ish sticks in the active lineup/collection (many of which I've yet to fish) I'm doing the best I can to spend some time with each of them, but it's going to take a while...well worth the wait so far, and for me...the journey is half the fun.
I'm really diggin the Sedition builds. They are gorgeous and unique to say the least. Cleanly executed, well thought-out designs using quality components...what's not to like?
For anyone interested...The Hooligan is a very nice stick. Loads up well on the cast with a 3/8 oz lead head jig and trailer that I used for testing. Sensitivity is also very good, and the rod was able to paint a clear picture of the bottom composition. Rod is slightly tip-heavy which is a bit surprising at this length, but balances fairly well with a Steez SV TW on board, and I'm not one to really be bothered by this, unless it's really bad. It's not a deal-breaker, but worth mentioning IMO. The big question...Is it worth the retail price??? I'll need more time with it to answer that honestly. I own many outstanding bottom contact rods, so the hooligan will need to earn its stripes, so-to-speak. We will see if it can do so in the coming weeks, as it didn't "blow my socks off", but I also have high expectations of rods in this 600.00 and up price bracket.

Seditions in following pics:
White Falcon
Cristobal Limited
Bloody
Hooligan
Lion Heart (2)

From left to right on deck:
Poison Ultima 172H/MB IS Viola/MB Corks
Luxxe Oltre B69MH/Steez ltd/7.9 Brass Gears/KTF Kahen Neo/Ringa SLC Corks
Designo Leben Torque Tune 610MHRST 4S/Steez SV TW
MB X7 EM/Steez SV TW XH/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs/YT Fusions
Luxxe Oltre B67M/Steez CT/OGs
EG Rapid Gunner RSR/19 Morethan/90mm I'ze Factory CF/OGs/Ito Retainer screw
Sedition Hooligan/Steez SV TW XH/KTF Kahen Neo Spool/YT Fusions
Sedition Cristobal Ltd./MB Zonda/MB Zonda Honeycomb/HH Dragstar/Ito 80mm CF/Calfish matte black painted palm plate
Fragment Factory ROAR 73/Lin 10 BJ/Studio Composite KTF Ltd hand pinstriped 98mm CF handle
MB X7 EM/Steex EX XS/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs

Speachless...Please PM me directly if you ever decide to sell any of these gems. I will drive to your house and save you on shipping.. You must have some special connection in Japan to be able to garner some of these difficult items.

I had been trying to get my hands on the Designo Leban tune by Kamara spiral rod earlier this year and missed the boat. How do you like your Designo in general?

And how would your rank the blanks on the following: Oltre 6'9MH, Hooligan, Designo 6'10?, Rapid Gunner RSR?

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Just a few combos from the greatest collection in the world, stunning brother =D> =D> =D>
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Wow! =D>

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Certainly in running for The Greatest no question. I smile and let out sigh of relief knowing no matter how bad it gets it'll never get THIS bad for me. And I thank you for that. Oh, and don't forget, I got a direct contact for a trustworthy psychologist with your name on it. I got you brother.
PEACE

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Awesome pairings.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 pm

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:Certainly in running for The Greatest no question. I smile and let out sigh of relief knowing no matter how bad it gets it'll never get THIS bad for me. And I thank you for that. Oh, and don't forget, I got a direct contact for a trustworthy psychologist with your name on it. I got you brother.
If it's your psychologist, I think he should definitely take a hard pass lol :lol:

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Something certainly just rised :shock:
Good to see you posting again bud.
Thank you, brother.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Nice sticks, Greg! Btw, you've developed the worst case of JDM fever I have ever seen.
Lol...Thank you, Tim. You know...you’re part of the reason things have gotten this bad...
It seems like it was only yesterday that you and I were discussing which JDM reel I should add to the collection, next... :-k

Great to hear from you, sir...hoping you and the family are well.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Speachless...Please PM me directly if you ever decide to sell any of these gems. I will drive to your house and save you on shipping.. You must have some special connection in Japan to be able to garner some of these difficult items.

I had been trying to get my hands on the Designo Leban tune by Kamara spiral rod earlier this year and missed the boat. How do you like your Designo in general?

And how would your rank the blanks on the following: Oltre 6'9MH, Hooligan, Designo 6'10?, Rapid Gunner RSR?[/quote]

I will definitely keep you in mind, if I decide to part ways with any of these. I also came close to buying one of the Kamiya Tuned, Spiral wraps, but passed until I had more time with the Designo Blanks. This Designo is very nice...in general. I’m a big fan of solid tips at the moment, as many companies are really getting dialed in on their builds using this format/layout for their blanks. EG also has some outstanding solid tip offerings that I very much enjoy fishing. I won’t go in-depth on that subject right now, as there are so many variables I’d want to touch on, but let’s just say...they all have their strengths, and of course, a few weaknesses here and there.
If you’re asking me to rank those 4 rods you listed against one-another, I couldn’t do that as they are all different “monsters” so-to-speak, and each one is being used for different techniques aside from the Rapid Gunner and Hooligan which are both being tested as jig rods, but in different weight classes ATM. I will eventually try and see if/where their performance may overlap, but for now, I’m trying to focus on utilizing them within their “sweet spots” to see what they are really capable of.
The Oltres are some of my favorites, and I own a pair of B70Hs as well as the B69MH, and B67M. Tapers May take a little getting used-to, depending on what kind of action you’re accustomed to, but after you make those adjustments, they are hard to put down...well...at least for me, they are. We all have our own preferences when it comes to this sport/obsession. I’ll write up a more detailed review at some point soon, I promise.
Last edited by RISE on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 am

Teal101 wrote:Just a few combos from the greatest collection in the world, stunning brother =D> =D> =D>
Definitely appreciate the kind words, brother...means a lot, especially coming from you.
We both know...I’m #justanotheraddict...

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:Certainly in running for The Greatest no question. I smile and let out sigh of relief knowing no matter how bad it gets it'll never get THIS bad for me. And I thank you for that. Oh, and don't forget, I got a direct contact for a trustworthy psychologist with your name on it. I got you brother.
:lol: I’ll be in touch... :lol:

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am

RISE wrote:Speachless...Please PM me directly if you ever decide to sell any of these gems. I will drive to your house and save you on shipping.. You must have some special connection in Japan to be able to garner some of these difficult items.

And how would your rank the blanks on the following: Oltre 6'9MH, Hooligan, Designo 6'10?, Rapid Gunner RSR?
I will definitely keep you in mind, if I decide to part ways with any of these. I also came close to buying one of the Tuned, Spiral wraps, but passed until I had more time with the Designo Blanks. This Designo is very nice...in general. I’m a big fan of solid tips at the moment, as many companies are really getting dialed in on their builds using this format/layout for their blanks. EG also has some outstanding solid tip offerings that I very much enjoy fishing. I won’t go in-depth on that subject right now, as there are so many variables I’d want to touch on, but let’s just say...they all have their strengths, and of course, a few weaknesses here and there.
If you’re asking me to rank those 4 rods you listed against one-another, I couldn’t do that as they are all different “monsters” so-to-speak, and each one is being used for different techniques aside from the Rapid Gunner and Hooligan which are both being tested as jig rods, but in different weight classes ATM. I will eventually try and see if/where their performance may overlap, but for now, I’m trying to focus on utilizing them within their “sweet spots” to see what they are really capable of.
The Oltres are some of my favorites, and I own a pair of B70Hs as well as the B69MH, and B67M. Tapers May take a little getting used-to, depending on what kind of action you’re accustomed to, but after you make those adjustments, they are hard to put down...well...at least for me, they are. We all have our own preferences when it comes to this sport/obsession. I’ll write up a more detailed review at some point soon, I promise.[/quote]