High end Jdm cranking rod help

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: High end Jdm cranking rod help

Post by domthewon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Uh oh.
09FDE2E1-EE5B-42FA-A1AB-AAF9016ECD9C.jpeg
F4846B20-B450-40AF-AD87-8F82BB94B313.jpeg
09B8364F-8A9B-4F2B-91BA-EB99EE713029.jpeg
A2CBDB7F-605B-4A10-A086-8E3F90A38B76.jpeg
0BD1063F-E778-4C64-9444-F5B8633A77C0.jpeg

I love that Sendo dude who is putting these together. He looks stoned everytime he is on video or on on a podium in his BASS Nation Tourney's. Does that really say "Bad Mother F-er"?
:lol: Yes it does. While it reminds me of Samuel L Jackson’s wallet in pulp fiction. The combination of that with all the crucifixes reminds me of the scene from big Lebowski. Nobody F’s with the Jesus. I think the purple even matches.
DEA45534-7473-436A-83A2-5B0B198063A1.jpeg
DEA45534-7473-436A-83A2-5B0B198063A1.jpeg (71.45 KiB) Viewed 6092 times
Attachments
B670989D-B87D-4E94-8901-5DF337D5FB44.jpeg
B670989D-B87D-4E94-8901-5DF337D5FB44.jpeg (59.73 KiB) Viewed 6092 times

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 am

domthewon wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:

I love that Sendo dude who is putting these together. He looks stoned everytime he is on video or on on a podium in his BASS Nation Tourney's. Does that really say "Bad Mother F-er"?
:lol: Yes it does. While it reminds me of Samuel L Jackson’s wallet in pulp fiction. The combination of that with all the crucifixes reminds me of the scene from big Lebowski. Nobody F’s with the Jesus. I think the purple even matches.

:lol: Could not figure out what that said. I was going "bait ???? finnes?? what?" That makes no sense. That's great. I got my brother-in-law a golf ball marker with that engraved in the same font as Samuel's wallet last year. Well, I guess this rather insignificant (with regard to fishing) tidbit seals the deal for me.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:

:lol: Could not figure out what that said. I was going "bait ???? finnes?? what?" That makes no sense. That's great. I got my brother-in-law a golf ball marker with that engraved in the same font as Samuel's wallet last year. Well, I guess this rather insignificant (with regard to fishing) tidbit seals the deal for me.
Yeah probably the coolest thing ever written on a rod, and holding it I agree. It feels like it was designed for a high ranking yakuza member.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Dammmmmmnnnnn Those are some incredible =D>

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Starting a new thread, but wanted to do a quick post in here to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection.
Hooligan is a very nice stick. Loads up well on the cast with a 3/8 oz lead head jig and trailer. Sensitivity is also very good, and the rod was able to paint a clear picture of the bottom composition. Is it worth the retail price??? I'll need more time with it to answer that honestly. I own many outstanding bottom contact rods, so the hooligan will need to earn its stripes, so-to-speak. We will see if it can do so in the coming weeks.

From left to right on deck:
Poison Ultima 172H/MB IS Viola/MB Corks
Luxxe Oltre B69MH/Steez ltd/7.9 Brass Gears/KTF Kahen Neo/Ringa SLC Corks
Designo Leben Torque Tune 610MHRST 4S/Steez SV TW
MB X7 EM/Steez SV TW XH/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs/YT Fusions
Luxxe Oltre B67M/Steez CT/OGs
EG Rapid Gunner RSR/19 Morethan/90mm I'ze Factory CF/OGs/Ito Retainer screw
Sedition Hooligan/Steez SV TW XH/KTF Kahen Neo Spool/YT Fusions
Sedition Cristobal Ltd./MB Zonda/MB Zonda Honeycomb/HH Dragstar/Ito 80mm CF/Calfish matte black painted palm plate
Fragment Factory ROAR 73/Lin 10 BJ/Studio Composite KTF Ltd hand pinstriped 98mm CF handle
MB X7 EM/Steex EX XS/Tuned 1010 spool/OGs

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:03 pm

[quote="RISE"]Starting a new thread, but wanted to do a quick post in here to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection.
Hooligan is a very nice stick. Loads up well on the cast with a 3/8 oz lead head jig and trailer. Sensitivity is also very good, and the rod was able to paint a clear picture of the bottom composition. Is it worth the retail price??? I'll need more time with it to answer that honestly. I own many outstanding bottom contact rods, so the hooligan will need to earn its stripes, so-to-speak. We will see if it can do so in the coming weeks.

Sedition Cristobal Ltd./MB Zonda/MB Zonda Honeycomb/HH Dragstar/Ito 80mm CF/Calfish matte black painted palm plate
Fragment Factory ROAR 73/Lin 10 BJ/Studio Composite KTF Ltd hand pinstriped 98mm CF handle

This report is most appreciated and this post is most definitely all balls :big grin:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
RISE wrote:Starting a new thread, but wanted to do a quick post in here to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection.

This report is most appreciated and this post is most definitely all balls :big grin:
I completely agree with you :evil22:. Thanks Rise. Got to take my Hooligan out today and here are my preliminary findings on this rod as well. This rod has some real power. Megabass rating would be at minimum F7 power on a 6'9 rod. The rod is perfectly put together, and the two piece section fits together even better than the white falcon does. The grip section is pretty thick and as you can see in the pics its noticeably shorter than normal split grip handle. If you hold the rod with only your pinky behind the trigger three fingers in front than this grip is pretty comfortable. If you hold it with two fingers in front and two behind the trigger if you have a bigger hands the bottom of your palm might be on the edge of the bottom of the grip. Like Rise mentioned before this rod is slightly tip heavy because it's such a powerful blank. It's stout and what i'd describe to feel like loading up a heavier spring. Meaning it wants to get back to a position with zero load on it as fast as possible. It doesn't have much real vibration through the tip of the blank after reaching the zero point all you feel is the contact you bang against. Plus the end of the rod is monocoque and lighter weight than adding a grip section out of other material, and possibly helps sensitivity. It's actually pretty grippy on this rod. I grabbed it with my dry hands and you can see where I grabbed it like fine sandpaper does. The sensitivity of the rod is very good. If related to sound it is deep and hollow has a lot of sensation running through the handle section. It's definitely different feeling than any other rod I own because of that hollow clarity it delivers and how it feels when it reaches your palm. With very little vibration in the blank like i mentioned earlier it feels kind of like one single shot of reverberation in the handle that you feel when you make contact with the bottom. Just like Rise said I've only taken it out once so far, but banging a 1/2 tungsten jig on the bottom felt extremely clear when it made contact with the bottom. He also mentioned it has that sort of gradual bending taper like megabass rods do and it definitely does. The blank feels like it will work for you fighting fish and making solid hook sets, although I didn't catch anything on it yet. I do see myself trying hollow frogs in vegetation with it on my next outing. After fishing a jig with it I threw the stock spool in my morethan with 40 LB 832 and tied on a gavacho. It walks them excellently and you can feel every pop of the rod tip and reaction of the frog very well in the handle as well. Its an awesome rod to look at and play with so far, but I still gotta give it a good workout with some fish involved.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 pm

It's Jules Winfield's Bad MF'er, guys, get it right. Our man in Inglewood.
This is the way.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:11 pm

poisonokie wrote:It's Jules Winfield's Bad MF'er, guys, get it right. Our man in Inglewood.
Yes! I stand corrected. :big grin:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
poisonokie wrote:It's Jules Winfield's Bad MF'er, guys, get it right. Our man in Inglewood.
Yes! I stand corrected. :big grin:
Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw that. Does it say "Bad Mother Fxxker?"
This is the way.

Uknowme
Angler
Angler

Post by Uknowme » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:15 am

Sorry for my ignorance and straying away from the original post but......what is the story with that white and black Zillion? I really really like that. Is it a custom?

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 pm

domthewon wrote:
Polkfish1 wrote:
RISE wrote:Starting a new thread, but wanted to do a quick post in here to mention that I got to spend a few days on the water with the Hooligan, Cristobal Ltd. and my favorite big bait stick...The Lion Heart. Also got to add hours onto other favorite sticks in the collection.

I completely agree with you :evil22:. Thanks Rise. Got to take my Hooligan out today and here are my preliminary findings on this rod as well. This rod has some real power. Megabass rating would be at minimum F7 power on a 6'9 rod. The rod is perfectly put together, and the two piece section fits together even better than the white falcon does. The grip section is pretty thick and as you can see in the pics its noticeably shorter than normal split grip handle. If you hold the rod with only your pinky behind the trigger three fingers in front than this grip is pretty comfortable. If you hold it with two fingers in front and two behind the trigger if you have a bigger hands the bottom of your palm might be on the edge of the bottom of the grip. Like Rise mentioned before this rod is slightly tip heavy because it's such a powerful blank. It's stout and what i'd describe to feel like loading up a heavier spring. Meaning it wants to get back to a position with zero load on it as fast as possible. It doesn't have much real vibration through the tip of the blank after reaching the zero point all you feel is the contact you bang against. Plus the end of the rod is monocoque and lighter weight than adding a grip section out of other material, and possibly helps sensitivity. It's actually pretty grippy on this rod. I grabbed it with my dry hands and you can see where I grabbed it like fine sandpaper does. The sensitivity of the rod is very good. If related to sound it is deep and hollow has a lot of sensation running through the handle section. It's definitely different feeling than any other rod I own because of that hollow clarity it delivers and how it feels when it reaches your palm. With very little vibration in the blank like i mentioned earlier it feels kind of like one single shot of reverberation in the handle that you feel when you make contact with the bottom. Just like Rise said I've only taken it out once so far, but banging a 1/2 tungsten jig on the bottom felt extremely clear when it made contact with the bottom. He also mentioned it has that sort of gradual bending taper like megabass rods do and it definitely does. The blank feels like it will work for you fighting fish and making solid hook sets, although I didn't catch anything on it yet. I do see myself trying hollow frogs in vegetation with it on my next outing. After fishing a jig with it I threw the stock spool in my morethan with 40 LB 832 and tied on a gavacho. It walks them excellently and you can feel every pop of the rod tip and reaction of the frog very well in the handle as well. Its an awesome rod to look at and play with so far, but I still gotta give it a good workout with some fish involved.
Good stuff, glad you are enjoying it.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Uknowme wrote:Sorry for my ignorance and straying away from the original post but......what is the story with that white and black Zillion? I really really like that. Is it a custom?
Yes, it’s a Calfish custom painted Zillion HLC, with Daiwa, MB, I’ze, Deps, Hedgehog, YT Fusion, and Carbontex parts included in the build.