Issues with Tackle Warehouse

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
dkinney6
Angler
Angler

Issues with Tackle Warehouse

Post by dkinney6 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 am

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if anyone else has had issues with Tackle Warehouse recently. I placed a very large order during their black Friday sale in November, as I always do, and several items were backordered. No problem; I had the whole winter to wait for the items to come in. I checked the status of my order in late February and saw that all the items had arrived. After not getting a shipping notice for a couple of weeks, I reached out to customer service, who told me the items would be shipped the next day. After a few days and hearing nothing, I checked back. Again I was told the items would ship out in two days. Again, nothing. I checked back again and they told me they were busy and to be patient. I waited a few weeks and called last Friday to be told items would ship Tuesday of this week, but they could make no guarantees. The rep said that some folks had been waiting over a year for items to be shipped and they simply didn't have enough employees to catch up with back orders. I told him this was unacceptable and asked what they could do to make this right. He said they could do nothing for me. So here I am again at the end of the week, and still haven't received any word from them and becoming very frustrated.

I wondering if anyone else is in my situation. This seems very unusual for Tackle Warehouse - I've always had good service from them. This leads me to wonder if management or owners have changed recently. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this an anomaly or something more serious? I have read some very damaging reviews online about them, but this is my first time experiencing this myself. Wonder if anyone has some advice or the name of a manager I can reach out to. Thanks for any insight.

Just to be clear: I'm not trying to bash them. Like I said, I've always had a good experience and backordered items have arrived in a timely fashion. (I even wear their shirts.) This just seems very odd to me and I'm wondering if I'm alone in this.

dkinney6
Angler
Angler

Re: Issues with Tackle Warehouse

Post by dkinney6 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:02 pm

To follow up, just spoke with a rep who is expediting the shipment today based on my experience. Because of the delay, they are shipping two-day with no extra charge. Looks like the right person finally got involved. Hoping others don't have to go through this with TW and it's not a sign of things to come. Always been my go-to store in the past. Would like to keep it that way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Good to hear. I've never heard anything like that about TW.
This is the way.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:23 pm

I just got an email for an backordered item that arrived but had been backordered for over 6 months, they sent email to confirm if I still wanted it which was nice, as I'm sure some folks would not want something that had been back-ordered for that long - ie they may have found it elsewhere, or it may have been a seasonal item and no longer needed, etc.

But, I also have a different more recent order with a few backordered items that similar to the OP, have been back IN stock for about two weeks, and indicates so on my order status as well. But I never got any shipping info. I called last week, and they said that the items had arrived, but they were very busy and would ship them in a few days. Over a week later no shipping notice, so I asked again today and they said they would expedite the items to be shipped - so hopefully I get a shipping notice early next week.

I've read more than a few posts where folks just will not backorder anything from TW - if it's OOS, they find it somewhere else. Backorder delays seems to be common with TW for whatever reason.

RedRockfishin
Angler
Angler

Post by RedRockfishin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:17 pm

I have not been waiting since November but have been waiting since Jan. the 2nd. I got a piece of the order pretty quick but been waiting on the rest. over the weekend I called about it and they told me it was being processed that the order was complete I asked if it would be shipping this week and they told me probably not this week cause they been slammed the last two weeks and were playing catchup and that it would probably be next week I guess waiting since January don't count it wasn't a big order by there standards. I probably shouldn't be complaining but its just a little frustrating, guess I wont be ordering anymore out of stock items in the future I saw the other post and thought Id wine a bit.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:06 pm

my backorder shipped today it looks like, so they appear to be running about two weeks behind on these, once they are in stock.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:45 am

It's good to hear that's been resolved.

I myself personally avoid anything back ordered...from anyone, not just Tackle Warehouse. As it sometimes just get majorly backed up. :big grin:
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am

In my opinion, their business model kind of sucks. If you can't ship backorders FIRST when items arrive, quit taking backorders. I would not stand for a 6 month delay. There is no excuse. When you have placed the backorder, you go to the top of the list, before listing items for sale on the site. Inexcusable. I have gone to ordering almost exclusively from Tackle Supply Depot and find their shipping to be days quicker, service better, stock better and often priced better. Another is Discount Tackle. I only order from TW for deep discounts when they're there.
Andy

gumbygold
Angler
Angler

Post by gumbygold » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 am

I don't order backordered items as a rule.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am

They should just stop taking backorders, would be easier for TW and customers

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 am

I don't backorder from any shops. It avoids being disappointed.

tackletown
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tackletown » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 pm

I won,t backorder anything ,, I ordered a Rod from TW and I called first to make sure it was in stock. And when it was leaving their warehouse.

hokiehi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hokiehi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:47 am

Has anyone else has issues with TWH taking much longer than usual to ship out orders? It used to be next day at the latest and now it’s just taking forever

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 am

Yes

cubs23
Angler
Angler

Post by cubs23 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 am

I'm still waiting on an item from September. They sent me an e-mail, a couple of weeks ago, asking if I still wanted it and I replied "yes" but it still hasn't shipped. As far as shipping speed goes, it usually takes a good week to arrive in Indiana so if I want something fast I pay the $5.00 for 2nd day air but that still takes 3-4 days.