Any news or excitement about Jackall Poison USDM drop?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Any news or excitement about Jackall Poison USDM drop?

Post by Revofisher » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 pm

I called tackle warehouses today and they told me they are pretty sure they are going to be 1 piece when available.

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:09 am

I wish they had more models...

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:07 am

Mike son wrote:
Revofisher wrote:Are the 2019 models 2 piece construction I can’t find any info on that part
They do make 2 piece center cut models but those won't be available in the US from what I've seen. It looks like all three casting models offered in the US will come apart at the handle. Usually, only the rods over 7' come apart at the handle to my knowledge but the 6'11 M+ is the outlier to that thought.

Here is info on the rods from Shimano Japan

http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/rod/5348

Under the spec table you can look at the "pass count".
Revofisher wrote:I called tackle warehouses today and they told me they are pretty sure they are going to be 1 piece when available.
What I was getting at is that I doubt Shimano would change the manufacturing of the rods for the US market. More than likely we will be getting the exact rods offered in Japan, thus the three casting rods would come apart at the handle. The OG Adrenas and Exprides were the same way if they were over 7'(can't comment on the Expride A). I've got an OG 7'2H Adrena and you wouldn't even notice its a 2pc rod.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:I personally cant wait!! But can anyone confirm if they were a significant difference in the blank between the old Jackall Poison and the Expride?
Jackall is a collaborative effort with Shimano and Jackall. Expride is Shimano only. Different materials and technologies are used in these two different blanks.
As for the 1st generation and 18 Adrenas, I can't tell any difference in the blank, however the full monocoque grip brings a new level of feedback that can be felt throughout the entire rod.
The Expride to me sits somewhere between the old IMX and GLX in terms of sensitivity and feel, but with better components on them for way cheaper than GLX. They're the only rod I've found that is on their level of quality for under $400 and I hear the Tactical Bassin dudes say the same thing all the time. I may have to try one of the Adrenas

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:I personally cant wait!! But can anyone confirm if they were a significant difference in the blank between the old Jackall Poison and the Expride?
Jackall is a collaborative effort with Shimano and Jackall. Expride is Shimano only. Different materials and technologies are used in these two different blanks.
As for the 1st generation and 18 Adrenas, I can't tell any difference in the blank, however the full monocoque grip brings a new level of feedback that can be felt throughout the entire rod.
The Expride to me sits somewhere between the old IMX and GLX in terms of sensitivity and feel, but with better components on them for way cheaper than GLX. They're the only rod I've found that is on their level of quality for under $400 and I hear the Tactical Bassin dudes say the same thing all the time. I may have to try one of the Adrenas
You can usually find Exprides for 250 - 300. I'm a big fan of Shimano blanks, plus you get the build quality from the Jdm market. I also thought the Expride was really good for the price. If you like them, you will definitely enjoy the Adrena.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
You can usually find Exprides for 250 - 300. I'm a big fan of Shimano blanks, plus you get the build quality from the Jdm market. I also thought the Expride was really good for the price. If you like them, you will definitely enjoy the Adrena.
I've bought my last two Exprides on eBay for $230 and $235 new with tags. I am excited about the Adrena. How does the handle stand up to scratches and scuffs and stuff? My only gripe with the Expride is the paint they use on the split grip area scratches really easily.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote: Jackall is a collaborative effort with Shimano and Jackall. Expride is Shimano only. Different materials and technologies are used in these two different blanks.
I've bought my last two Exprides on eBay for $230 and $235 new with tags. I am excited about the Adrena. How does the handle stand up to scratches and scuffs and stuff? My only gripe with the Expride is the paint they use on the split grip area scratches really easily.
Not sure. I baby my gear for the most part. I think it could likely scratch with relative ease though. I don't plan on finding out any time soon :lol:

nossuc242
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nossuc242 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:59 pm

I had the chance to handle all the models this past weekend at our sports show.

All rods feel super light, more balance than Zodias rods, I haven't fish Exprides so I can't compare. Yes, all rods are 1p.

I'm looking for sensitivity close to GLX/NRX, but better cosmetics and the CI4 reel seat is my favorite. Planning to do a preorder at my local shop.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:03 pm

nossuc242 wrote:I had the chance to handle all the models this past weekend at our sports show.

All rods feel super light, more balance than Zodias rods, I haven't fish Exprides so I can't compare. Yes, all rods are 1p.

I'm looking for sensitivity close to GLX/NRX, but better cosmetics and the CI4 reel seat is my favorite. Planning to do a preorder at my local shop.
What was the cost per rod? And I haven’t even owned a Zodias but from what I hear the Exprides are a lot lighter and more sensitive. You won’t get GLX feel I don’t think but they’re on par with IMX and lighter. Old IMX anyway I haven’t messed with the new ones they just felt like a downgrade to me when Loomis changed them.

lexmo27
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by lexmo27 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I picked up a JDM 172H-2 model of the new Adrena and it is a bad-to-bone rod. It's a center cut 2 piece but once you align the guides and press it into place, it feels very strong and connected. Tried a Bantam, Metanium, and Aldebaran MGL on it, and the Metanium balances and looks the best IMO.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:39 am

Anyone have an idea what the price will be?

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:01 am

tackle warehouse is showing 359 i believe somewhere in that ballpark. they had the date for june 14th for arrival but i noticed last night the 6'11 med plus model and the 7'2 hvy model are bumped up to april 30th to have in stock. the 7'3 med hvy is still june

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Anyone know what the medium + is intended for? The action is fast whereas the medium heavy is "regular fast".

I believe 7'3MH is for jig and worm but not sure about the medium+ which is what I'm currently considering. It's time for me to upgrade my medium action bottom contact baitcasting rod and hoping the medium+ will be a good fit.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Anyone know what the medium + is intended for? The action is fast whereas the medium heavy is "regular fast".

I believe 7'3MH is for jig and worm but not sure about the medium+ which is what I'm currently considering. It's time for me to upgrade my medium action bottom contact baitcasting rod and hoping the medium+ will be a good fit.
I’m guessing that 6’11” med plus is there answer to the One Ten special. Sure sounds like a perfect length and power for jerkbaits.