Shimano Chronarch 100A, SF, MG turnkey question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Shimano Chronarch 100A, SF, MG turnkey question

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 am

Is the "Shimano" emblem supposed to be sitting upright when fully locked on the turnkey part of the palming side plate? If it is upside down when fully closed, how easy is it fix? Could it have just been installed upside down from the factory? Is it can easy fix to correct? Thanks for any/all help and best wishes on the water!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano Chronarch 100A, SF, MG turnkey question

Post by poisonokie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm

I think you're just holding the reel upside down.
This is the way.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:31 pm

poisonokie wrote:I think you're just holding the reel upside down.
LOL! Nice...but seriously, any way to adjust it? Thank you!

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:37 pm

The turnkey needs to be aligned in a position where the spring is at the top. On the brake case you will notice that there is a dot, (circle) on the rear. Align the circle with the spring, and the correct position will be achieved.

Cheers,

Terry.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:40 am

the brake case on the left side plate may have been turned 180 degrees from original. also, the latch may have just been turned short of full tightness. it will still lock up but there will be a bit of play/movement in the side plate. if key is turned full range i'd check the brake case for wrong position.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:09 am

What exactly would I have to do to do that?

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 am

nctrucker wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:40 am
the brake case on the left side plate may have been turned 180 degrees from original. also, the latch may have just been turned short of full tightness. it will still lock up but there will be a bit of play/movement in the side plate. if key is turned full range i'd check the brake case for wrong position.
Are any springs or anything going to pop out that I should know about if I attempt this and do you have a step-by-step I might follow to make it easier? Thanks and sorry for being a novice about this.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 am

Take a look at the schematic to guide you:

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content ... CH100A.pdf
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

that's not the schematic i use . on https://www.reelschematic.com/reel-sche ... #gsc.tab=0 there are several bantam chronarch 100 listings. my reel seems to be as shown in this: https://www.reelschematic.com/wp-conten ... 93-06).pdf

there is a small spring in the turn key dial as shown in the schematic. if the turn key locks up solid and there's no problem with reel's function i would probably leave it as is. for aesthetic reasons i may delve deeper if i was bothered.
edited to add: get a large clear ziplock bag to do the work in.

update: i THOUGHT i just took the two SMALL 1356 Brake Case Retainer Screws loose. i did not take those two loose. on my reel there is a ring(1355) around the brake case with a LOW TENSION spring under it held in place by two different screws(1354) loads of fun getting the screw back in on side next to pivot. doable but i wouldn't bother doing it for looks alone. that's me, though.