Roller clutch issues?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Roller clutch issues?

Post by poisonokie » Mon May 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:15 pm
ShimanoFan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 pm
If you really knew what some thought of you, you might show people a little more respect than you are capable of.
This is the only sentence that has any merit in the entire diatribe. And unfortunatly, it's you speaking in the mirror. I think people just feel sorry for you at this point.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon May 20, 2019 6:21 pm

I think LMG felt sorry for him at one point and look where that got him...
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon May 20, 2019 6:29 pm

You can feel whatever you want to. Some of you are obviously in it together but why is the question?

Why are some around here so disrespectful and like to launch personal attacks on people is the question.

Like an entire clique who want to control forum content and responses and if you don't like the opinion you attack the messenger. We see it over and over. In fact, if you look back in the history of this forum, a list of the same people are doing it over and over and over. Same with other forums too.

Forums depend on lively respectful civil discussion, but when entrenched cliques of bullies mistreat people just because of differences of opinion there is a problem. And it appears there are a few problems who can not stay on topic and like to abuse other members and don't seem to take it well when it is given back.

Oh well! This is my thread and you need to go away... Waaaaaaaaaahhhh! :crying:

:lol: :laugh1: :lol:

Grow up.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 am

Just discovered the Friend and Foe function. Site seems better already.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue May 21, 2019 12:39 am

Beat you to it...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190521-154657.jpg
Screenshot_20190521-154657.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 7969 times

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue May 21, 2019 3:11 am

poisonokie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:21 pm
I think LMG felt sorry for him at one point and look where that got him...
Yeah. Shame on me. Lesson learned. But, he s a professional! :lol: I'm just curious as to what point he finally gets canned off this site and moves on to another? Wonder if the mods are all on vacation? ](*,)

The funny thing with him is he has nothing but personal attacks when people find out what he's all about and call him out, but we are the ones that run people like him off? Always got to bring up my duckies on my blanket. Well, jokes on him, because that was from the hospital where my son was born, and it ain't going nowhere. :lol: And I'm glad at 36 people think I'm barely old enough to drink. I age well, unlike some who may just be jealous? My Wife hates that I get carded and she don't. Lol

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to controlling my thread with narcissism. :lol:
<")))><{

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't mean to take the spotlight off you being your own little star! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know you want to shine brightly and be some super tuning god's gift to reels better than the brands can make, but maybe one day when you can grow some hair on that chin beyond peach fuzz you might learn something worthwhile to post. Until then, keep trying, and don't tell me what to do. Yer' not qualified.

You are barely old enough to drink beer.

Have zero professional education or professional training on reels.

And you don't work on spinning reels because you choose not to, and don't know how.

You are not approved, nor trained by any brands.

You work on reels on your kitchen table with cute little ducks under the reels in photos.

Clueless about brand tolerances or recommended lubricants and requirements needed.

Make it up as you go along. Endless narcissistic posts of hey everyone look at me! Looky at what I can do with a reel!

Looky what I just bought with 50 photos of endless nonsense ad nauseum...

No wonder you don't want any professionals posting on your crap.

By all means peach fuzz boy, step out there and swing away and show everyone what an expert you are at swapping out bearings, handles, spools, and knobs and call it super tuning! Laughable!

All you want are people who praise you and ooooh and aaah over your wonderful parts swapping career.

Sorry, don't mean to poop all over your parade so get out there and bang your gong peach fuzz kid! Toot your horn. No one else is going to do it for you. So give us more laughs out here. If you really knew what some thought of you, you might show people a little more respect than you are capable of.

Oh, and this is a discussion forum. They are NOT your threads. This forum is for nearly 12,000 members and not just you. You are showing the signs of a control freak who wants to control content and responses. And it is precisely people like you that kill forums and drive people off who just say screw it and don't post any more. You are proving to be counter productive to what forums are all about in the first place.
Quoted for lack of editing purposes
<")))><{

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Tue May 21, 2019 4:31 am

Sore Thumb wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 am
Just discovered the Friend and Foe function. Site seems better already.
It does indeed! Thanks!

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 am

Trouble makers?! Well, looks like everyone on TT is going on that list! \:D/

This is too comical! :lol:
<")))><{

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 am

Who knew anti reverse bearings were such a touchy subject. Think this happened the last time it came up. :doh: I know it’s hard to read through the personal attacks and what not, but hope you guys use the info he put out related to the topic since it isn’t wrong.

Only other thing I’ll say on this topic is I’ve been using CX for years, wiping my reels down with it after use in the salt, and haven’t had any “paint creep” on any of them. That would be a huge issue for me since I use magnesium reels in the salt(‘13 Met/MGL, Alde 51mg, Core 51mg, Steez TW SV..etc)and can’t afford to lose that paint coating.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 am
Who knew anti reverse bearings were such a touchy subject. Think this happened the last time it came up. :doh: I know it’s hard to read through the personal attacks and what not, but hope you guys use the info he put out related to the topic since it isn’t wrong.

Only other thing I’ll say on this topic is I’ve been using CX for years, wiping my reels down with it after use in the salt, and haven’t had any “paint creep” on any of them. That would be a huge issue for me since I use magnesium reels in the salt(‘13 Met/MGL, Alde 51mg, Core 51mg, Steez TW SV..etc)and can’t afford to lose that paint coating.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I only try and offer technically correct info, but some don't get that, or don't care, or just don't know any better- and then actually want to argue about it... and you say this flaming happened last time too? Gee, I missed that one! Bet we know who was ganging up there too!

And like you, I have not experienced any paint creep on my reels from using CX. I like the old used and abused look. Saves me the emotional distress when a scratch gets on one. Could not care less really. In fact, I often peruse ebay and craigslist and pawn shops looking for specific reels that are broken and needing repair. Most people avoid them like the plague while reel techs like myself can get them dirt cheap and fix them up to like new operation-wise, but not necessarily "pretty".

I don't look at the reels when fishing anyway.

Really nice to be able to afford the good stuff, even if it does not look new. The prices are righteous! My last stradic was bought for like $27.00 with free shipping. Took an hour to overhaul and fishing with it like new now.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am

Man, the way some people talk you'd think a fishing reel is about as complex as the James Webb Space Telescope.
This is the way.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 am

poisonokie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am
Man, the way some people talk you'd think a fishing reel is about as complex as the James Webb Space Telescope.
It may just be a certain "person" that has the "complex". :lol:
<")))><{

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 am

Straight out of the box...

GREASE...
Attachments
IMG_20200130_205322.jpg
IMG_20200130_205322.jpg (47.64 KiB) Viewed 6920 times