Megabass Cyclone

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Cyclone

Post by goldrod » Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 pm

looking for detailed feedback
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Cyclone

Post by goldrod » Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 pm

sorry its the super cyclone but its not out yet..
I've given up on the IS73 and just put the MB honeycomb spool in it, I've seen some harriers spec f from japan for sale lately but the hein is the most recommended rod from you all that I haven't gotten and before i pull the trigger tonight i'll sleep on it.. been working very late and long hours..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:35 pm

You have interesting posts I give you that Goldie :big grin: Coffee try to lay off :lol: :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 pm

:big grin:
Work has got me getting in super late and than I’m trying to work on my school work. I’m on here between breaks.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri May 24, 2019 4:49 am

I hope we see the new Super Cyclone Carbon Head soon... ours are on order. It looks like an interesting rod for sure, along with a few other new CH models. I'm looking forward to using some of them this summer. The Hein however is spectacular all the way around and pairs well with an IS. We will have the Carbon Head Heins back in stock finally in about a month.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 am

bronzefly wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:49 am
I hope we see the new Super Cyclone Carbon Head soon... ours are on order. It looks like an interesting rod for sure, along with a few other new CH models. I'm looking forward to using some of them this summer. The Hein however is spectacular all the way around and pairs well with an IS. We will have the Carbon Head Heins back in stock finally in about a month.
Have you gotten to put some time in with the super cyclone? I have an older regular cyclone which I absolutely love so a slightly beefed up model really peaks my interest. Only real hang up for me is that I have a bandersnatch that I use for similar applications. Of course it lends itself more toward single hook baits, but it does handle the treble hook stuff ok

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:23 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 am
Have you gotten to put some time in with the super cyclone? I have an older regular cyclone which I absolutely love so a slightly beefed up model really peaks my interest. Only real hang up for me is that I have a bandersnatch that I use for similar applications. Of course it lends itself more toward single hook baits, but it does handle the treble hook stuff ok
Which version of the Bandersnatch do you have? There have been a bunch with a lot of different peak performance applications. The Super Cyclone Carbon Head is a versatile rod and does handle treble moving baits very nicely, but still has enough backbone to handle lighter single hook applications as well.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:46 am

bronzefly wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:23 am
evilcatfish wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 am
Which version of the Bandersnatch do you have? There have been a bunch with a lot of different peak performance applications. The Super Cyclone Carbon Head is a versatile rod and does handle treble moving baits very nicely, but still has enough backbone to handle lighter single hook applications as well.
This is the one I have, non carbon head

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/product ... es_f5-68x/

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:46 am
This is the one I have, non carbon head

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/product ... es_f5-68x/
Ok, great, that's helpful. If I'm throwing a 1/2 oz spinner bait or vibrating jig, I'd prefer the Bandersnatch you have. If I'm throwing a square bill, a mid-depth crank, or a jerk bait, I'd prefer the Super Cyclone. The SC is much better suited to treble moving baits unless you get closer to the upper end of its stated range, but still has backbone for things like lighter swim jigs, lighter spinner baits and vibrating jigs for example.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap