What have you lost while fishing?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: What have you lost while fishing?

Post by 5bites » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm
5bites wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am
I lost a steez on a rod I had just completed in grand lake. What stinks is I didn’t notice until the next week when I started getting my gear together.
THAT would've driven me mad. I wouldn't have slept for a week.
That pretty much describes it. Every time I think of it I reply what could have happened. I don’t like the conclusion that makes the most sense either

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm

5bites wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm
poisonokie wrote:
5bites wrote:
I lost a steez on a rod I had just completed in grand lake. What stinks is I didn’t notice until the next week when I started getting my gear together.
That pretty much describes it. Every time I think of it I reply what could have happened. I don’t like the conclusion that makes the most sense either
Like a thief close to home? My wheels wouldn't stop spinning for a loooong time.
This is the way.

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm
5bites wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm
poisonokie wrote:
5bites wrote:
Like a thief close to home? My wheels wouldn't stop spinning for a loooong time.
Yea like a thief in the boat with me. I hate to think that but it’s the most logical thing sorta

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32 pm

5bites wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Yea like a thief in the boat with me. I hate to think that but it’s the most logical thing sorta
Yeah, I hate that. I'd rather it be lost to the depths. I bet it wouldn't be hard to move nice tackle like that in that area, either. Then next thing you know it's on sale at that tackle shop with the bobber drop guy.
This is the way.

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:19 pm

I’ll for sure recognize the rod if it ever did come up because I built it. It’s been several years though now. I do hope though that it was just another donation to Grand Lake.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Me too.

I've been lucky because what little fishing I do from a boat is from a Glastron. The only good thing about fishing from a ski boat is that it's hard for anything to fly out. All I've ever lost are nice fish, lures, tungsten sinkers, hooks, etc. Never a rod, reel, or box of baits. I've only ever broken one rod, and that was a cheap Browning spinning rod that came with a reel for like $40. Like many, I have just about lost my mind a time or two, and most all of that was my fault. Sometimes you just have to know when to pack it up and go home.
This is the way.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:15 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:30 am
nctrucker wrote:you guys have made me realize a new abu Cardinal rod and a new diawa spinning reel is not all that much.with the whitecaps(little bitty 45 acre lake) i was getting away from i just didn't care. lost a phone out on a lake. no 110's lost to date. happy over that.
i remember ish monroe had a BAD day, losing an array of Megabass rods and reels.
First time I ever cast a 110 (Jr.) I lost it. Sad day. Have just a few of them, but that alone has left me still hesitant to throw them. Also lost a ton of lipless cranks when I first started, they were my favorite lure to use.
i recently just had to try out a couple of baitcasters, new gliss line on one, from a dock. had a guy in a boat bring back a floating topwater i'd cast off. kept throwing and lost a vision 95 . it sure looked good jumping around. but it did not float and it sank into the watery depths of lake hickory. note to self bring a boat next time or only using floating baits. on a positive note now looking for more visions.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:48 pm

1st and 2nd wife \:D/

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm

MardukFIN wrote: