SV Light Limited

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: SV Light Limited

Post by Edward78 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:21 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:03 pm
From all the 32mm spools, I prefer the SS Light Limited the best. I'm probably the odd ball here, but I didn't like the reel as much as I wanted to. Though not as bad, it still has that somewhat hollow and toyish feel that the SS SV has. The paint wasn't all that great either. Just my 2 cents. I kept the spool, and it now rides in my Alphas Air.
They're not for everybody, just by the nature of their design. I see what you mean about their hollow feel. They feel refined to me, albeit in a different way from the Alphas Air or something like a Zonda or OG Zillion. They are just so light and effortless to use it makes them seem ethereal in a way rather than feeling ultra connected. They're more airy than rock solid.

Did you have the 6.3 or 8.1? I have the 8.1 SV Light and the 6.3 SS SV 103 and to me there is a distinction between the two in terms of feel.
The SS reels do have a different feel but to me it’s a good feel and I like them a lot and the limited model feels great in my hands. I have the SS SV Limited, SS Air, SS SV 103 HL, and a SS SV 103SHL and the SS and Alphas reels are by far my favorite line of Daiwa reels.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:57 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
From all the 32mm spools, I prefer the SS Light Limited the best. I'm probably the odd ball here, but I didn't like the reel as much as I wanted to. Though not as bad, it still has that somewhat hollow and toyish feel that the SS SV has. The paint wasn't all that great either. Just my 2 cents. I kept the spool, and it now rides in my Alphas Air.
They're not for everybody, just by the nature of their design. I see what you mean about their hollow feel. They feel refined to me, albeit in a different way from the Alphas Air or something like a Zonda or OG Zillion. They are just so light and effortless to use it makes them seem ethereal in a way rather than feeling ultra connected. They're more airy than rock solid.

Did you have the 6.3 or 8.1? I have the 8.1 SV Light and the 6.3 SS SV 103 and to me there is a distinction between the two in terms of feel.
That's one way to describe it. Though airy isn't exactly a term I'd associate with how a reel feels, or necessarily should feel. Airy is a term I'd use to describe "breath", as in musical instrument effect, or something a particular speaker can provide. Different strokes

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Edward78 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

The SS reels do have a different feel but to me it’s a good feel and I like them a lot and the limited model feels great in my hands. I have the SS SV Limited, SS Air, SS SV 103 HL, and a SS SV 103SHL and the SS and Alphas reels are by far my favorite line of Daiwa reels.
Do you own a previous generation Steez? The SS line is basically a Steez body made of different, lesser experience material. Kinda like comparing a real egg to one of those plastic Easter eggs.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 pm
Edward78 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Do you own a previous generation Steez? The SS line is basically a Steez body made of different, lesser experience material. Kinda like comparing a real egg to one of those plastic Easter eggs.
I have owned a few older steez models and do understand these are just the poor cousins to it but I guess I got a thing for the poor cousins 😂 but for reel I don’t feel there is much difference between the SS reels and those Steez reels but that’s just me.

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. So it sounds like any of the 32mm sv spools would work. Although they are all similar shallow. I’m contemplating running a light braid or copolymer line and curious for the BFS spools what is preferred?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:22 pm

The SS Air spool is the shallowest of the the 3, then the Alphas, then the SV Light Limited.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 am

SS Airy hollow poor man's Steez fanatic here.
Was never bothered by the feel of my SS SV reels, hence added an SS Air w/ Alphas air spool, and the SV Light to the arsenal.

I do wish the SV Light came w/ Bass or Die knobs out of the box.

Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 am

389Maverick wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 am
Was never bothered by the feel of my SS SV reels, hence added an SS Air w/ Alphas air spool, and the SV Light to the arsenal.

Gorgeous. I need to get a light box.

Which levelwind cap is that? I went with a black HH one on mine. Definitely adds a bit of top shelf mystique over the stock plastic one.
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 am
389Maverick wrote:

Which levelwind cap is that? I went with a black HH one on mine. Definitely adds a bit of top shelf mystique over the stock plastic one.
Looks like it came from a Tdz

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm
poisonokie wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

Unless James changed it, you’d be the one to know, since this was your reel! 🤣🤣
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm
poisonokie wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

Unless James changed it, you’d be the one to know, since this was your reel! 🤣🤣
Oh....No kidding lol. Alphas Air spool - it all makes sense now. Tdz it is

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 pm

C4B7A682-917C-4D9A-86BB-CF11B0A136E9.jpeg
C4B7A682-917C-4D9A-86BB-CF11B0A136E9.jpeg (77.24 KiB) Viewed 5878 times
Got the sv light Ltd today and am feeling good about it. Negligible difference between the Steez. Gorgeous reel out of the box.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 am

drift123 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Got the sv light Ltd today and am feeling good about it. Negligible difference between the Steez. Gorgeous reel out of the box.
Nicely done, sir. You deserve a drink.
This is the way.