UPS causes Tacklewarehouse Issue

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

UPS causes Tacklewarehouse Issue

Post by Johnny A » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 am

I've been a long time tacklewarehouse customer. UPS will be changing that. I make it a practice to ship any rod purchases via "Overnight", spelled FED-EX. The rod leaves San Luis Obispo 5pm Left Coast Time, gets to me by 10am Right Coast Time.
Now, unbeknownst to me, UPS is the carrier of choice. No more FED-EX. The FED-EX hub is like 15 minutes from my house.
I'm thinking about just sending the rod I await back to TW as a form of protest.
If UPS delivered packages as well as they delivered excuses, I might be singing a different tune.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: UPS causes Tacklewarehouse Issue

Post by BigG » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:23 am

I've had no problems with either shipper, if it keeps TW shipping costs down, so be it.

basser100
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basser100 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 am

Im concerned about them taking 3-5 days to ship my order.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 am

basser100 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:30 am
Im concerned about them taking 3-5 days to ship my order.
Seems like TW is getting slower and Pro Bass & Cablea's are getting faster. Go figure!

Bronzebak85
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bronzebak85 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm

So funny you mentioned this. I always pay the $5 for 2-day shipping from TW but haven’t gotten my order on time in like four purchases. My last purchase prompted me to send a wordy email after not receiving my rod on time and they refunded my five bucks. I despise UPS.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:26 pm

I havent had an issue yet myself. Most of my stuff I order comes VIA UPS.
<")))><{

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:54 pm

FedEx isn't always on time either. One time the Fedex guy showed up in front of my house, slid open the side door on the van rummaged around in back for my rod, shut the door and drove off after they realized they forgot my rod back at fedex.
The rod showed up the next day. I guess it just depends on how much of a hurry you are in to get your rod.
I usually just opt for the free shipping when I can.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

I'll take UPS or FedEx any day, so long as they don't start using the post office. Those USPS guys are bumbling idiots. Insurance is useless, too-they just refuse to pay any claim.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:59 pm

i almost always choose the $5 2-day option, unless i order something i just cant wait 2 days for! i have had a couple times when UPS gives an update something along the lines of "we forgot your package in our warehouse" and it comes another day late, happened like 3 times in a row, but not since. i havent had any issues with fedex (at least not through tackle warehouse), or usps.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:55 pm

I can't stand UPS. Anytime I see my product is being shipped UPS I know it is going to take a week at least to get to my house when USPS would take 2-3 days. Not only that but on Saturday I was supposed to receive my Steez A, driver parked in front of my house saw me working in the yard then went to the back of his truck for 5 minutes. Got back in the driver seat, didn't say a word, and my tracking was updated to being delivered on Monday and my package was on its way back to the hub. On Monday the exact same thing happened and I began to wonder if it was lost/stolen/damaged. I called the hub and they told me that "due to a high volume of packages being shipped they weren't able to fit my package on the delivery truck both days". When I explained that the excuse was ridiculous because my package was most likely a small 5" square box that could easily fit in one of their big delivery trucks the customer service lady on the phone just laughed at me.

On the other hand I bought a zillion rod and it was delivered USPS. Rod tube was folded in half when the mail lady took it out of the truck. Refused the package and the company I bought it from said that happened about once every 15 rods they shipped USPS.

Anyway, does tackle warehouse still have one day delivery for California orders? As long as they keep using good rod tubes instead of cardboard boxes (like some places) I'm good.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:29 am

Where I live UPS is so much better tan Fed-Ex and it isn't even close. I seem to always get anything from UPS delivered on time, Fed-Ex is a crap shoot. UPS has an established route so anything coming from them usually shows up at the same time of day, Fed-Ex it will depend on how the drivers are feeling and that isn't an exaggeration. One driver showed up at a 9:30pm, said he didn't feel like driving up to our area because he only had 2 stops to make. The only reason he delivered my package was because I called the hub and it said my package was delayed due to weather, it was June 17th sunny and 81 degrees. The driver told me he only had 2 stops in our area so HE DECIDED I could wait an extra day but his boss made him bring it on his was home because I called and complained. That has happened before with Fed-Ex here, and I found out from another driver that if there is only a couple of stops out of their way they have the power to choose to delay delivery. Over the course of the last 5 years I've had 1 package from UPS that was late, I've had 9 from Fed-Ex and most were delayed because of weather during the summer months, only 2 were in winter with no snow on the ground or even in the forecast. I go out of my way when ordering from places, I have paid higher prices buying stuff from other sources if they use Fed-Ex because they are that bad in my region.
Barlow's Tackle

SCBASSIN
Angler
Angler

Post by SCBASSIN » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 pm

I always use the 2 day shipping & UPS is late about 30% of the time. I just call T/W , they check & refund my $5. I don't gripe about there shipping I feel I am making out.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:28 am

i live less than an hour away from memphis, tn the home of fedex. fedex service in this area is horrible!! ups on the other hand, is spectacular. seems like the northeast has horrible ups service.