USDM Black Labels

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

USDM Black Labels

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:10 pm

This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: USDM Black Labels

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 am

These are essentially the JDM Black Label SG. Roughly 60 - 70 dollars more than the JDM models, but you don't have to pay for shipping. Sounds like the blanks have been made with US like powers and tapers. Sucks they're not offering any of the JDM models, especially any of the sub 7 ft models.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 am

Daiwa is bringing models where they already have tons of competition, instead of better research local market and get here the short frog models where competition almost non-exist.
671MHFB-FR
631 MHF-FR
7011 MHX B-FR

But, who cares, I would order the models I'm interested in from Japan anyway ( by many reasons).

Look up how many models Daiwa offers for Asia market

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html
http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/ro ... index.html

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 am
These are essentially the JDM Black Label SG. Roughly 60 - 70 dollars more than the JDM models, but you don't have to pay for shipping. Sounds like the blanks have been made with US like powers and tapers. Sucks they're not offering any of the JDM models, especially any of the sub 7 ft models.
I agree. Apparently everything here has to be over 7' to be marketable, which is unfortunate for me, because that's my limit on length from now on. The ones I have now don't really see a lot of use. Course, I've been so ridiculously busy lately that none of them have seen any use.

Those frog rods would be awesome. Mine is the 7' MS-X frog rod and my other one is a 6'6" Zillion HFB.
This is the way.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:48 am

I can tell you that the 74MHRB paired with a Tatula Elite Long Cast and a Shower Blow makes for some very long casts :lol: I like the BLX rods and have been impressed with the models I've fished. We'll have them in stock soon :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:20 am

Cracker wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 am
Daiwa is bringing models where they already have tons of competition, instead of better research local market and get here the short frog models where competition almost non-exist.
671MHFB-FR
631 MHF-FR
7011 MHX B-FR
I have been on the hunt for a short frog rod for a couple of months now and I have never managed to find a reasonable place to buy that 6’3” one. I got so excited when I saw that tackle warehouse was carrying them but then instantly my hopes were crushed when I saw the limited models they offered.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am

i was hoping for some kind of steez rod surprise but no dice. it probably makes sense though, i started a whats next for daiwa thread in the rods section, and half the replies were about reels :laugh1:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:49 pm

It's just another case of Daiwa regurgitating products, rather than coming up with something new.

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Jason Penn wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am
i was hoping for some kind of steez rod surprise but no dice. it probably makes sense though, i started a whats next for daiwa thread in the rods section, and half the replies were about reels :laugh1:
Ya i was surprised of no steez or zillion rod releases too, been so long since NA had a steez rod release.... The Ags will do for now lol