2019 Megabass Levante issues?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

2019 Megabass Levante issues?

Post by _diggy_ » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 am

I noticed that everywhere is out of stock until October. I also read on another forum that retailers were informed to destroy them. Someone had to warranty one, they were out of stock at MB until October and they offered him an Orochi as an upgrade with a $50 payment. Wonder what the issue is?
----
*Answer from 4th post*
M Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm
To quell any misinformation out there we simply found some inconsistencies in some graphite material at the factory and were concerned the currents rods may have been affected. It is not all current Levantes and idols no global. Rather than have dealers and customers concerned if their rods were affected we chose to replace them out our cost. In addition since not all rods were affected we realize there are tons out there with no issues. We are extending the one year no questions asked policy that was included on 3 year warranty to now include all 3 years of no questions asked.
The reason we requested proof of the rods destroyed was to ensure we had as many of the current batch replaced as we could.
If anyone has any issues or know of anyone that does please contact me and I will assist in getting you squared away. Our goal is to make this as painless as possible to our customers.
We have. Very high quality standards and felt the best way to address this was to step out and replace any rods we could. That way it leaves no doubt as to our expectations of what we require quality wise.

Again this is direct info. It's not third hand or rumor. Please let me know if i can assist anyone during this process. Megabass appreciates the support of our customers and will continue to do so.
Last edited by _diggy_ on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2019 Megabass Levante issues?

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:45 am

Thats odd, both of mine have performed well so far

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 pm

There might be some truth to that. I was checking The Hook Up this morning and noticed that ALL of the Levante were down to zero. Thought maybe it was an error on their site, but have since checked and all models are still at zero stock. Then checked Tackle Warehouse and it's the same way, except they all have eta of October.
just hotdogin it

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm

To quell any misinformation out there we simply found some inconsistencies in some graphite material at the factory and were concerned the currents rods may have been affected. It is not all current Levantes and idols no global. Rather than have dealers and customers concerned if their rods were affected we chose to replace them out our cost. In addition since not all rods were affected we realize there are tons out there with no issues. We are extending the one year no questions asked policy that was included on 3 year warranty to now include all 3 years of no questions asked.
The reason we requested proof of the rods destroyed was to ensure we had as many of the current batch replaced as we could.
If anyone has any issues or know of anyone that does please contact me and I will assist in getting you squared away. Our goal is to make this as painless as possible to our customers.
We have. Very high quality standards and felt the best way to address this was to step out and replace any rods we could. That way it leaves no doubt as to our expectations of what we require quality wise.

Again this is direct info. It's not third hand or rumor. Please let me know if i can assist anyone during this process. Megabass appreciates the support of our customers and will continue to do so.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Dang, so now I have to wonder every time I use my levante if something is going to happen. That's what I get for choosing it over the orochi xx to save a penny. I really hope mine isn't one of the bad rods because I really like the way it looks and fishes. At least megabass is doing the right thing and replacing rods with the next model up for a fair price. Heck I'd be willing to trade mine in on an orochi xx for $50 even if there wasn't anything wrong with it 😁

I'm just the paranoid type that is always thinking something is wrong with my equipment so this won't help lol.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm

M Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll put this in the 1st post in case people skim over the thread.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Please see the below direct from Megabass:

As we do with all of our new releases, we have been closely monitoring the 2019 Levante. After careful examination, we have determined that a quality control oversight allowed certain defective blanks to reach the US market and our customers. This is a failure for which we sincerely apologize. We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we expect our customers to do the same.

To stand behind our promise of Megabass quality and performance, we have ceased Levante sales and taken all inventory off of the market. To ensure with 100% certainty that the issue is hereby closed, this inventory will be destroyed.

Key points:

We expect to start shipping revised Levante’s in late fall of 2019
This is a quality control issue, so it does not affect every single model. If you haven’t experienced any issues, please continue to fish with confidence knowing that:
If you purchased a 2019 Levante before 7/31/19, we will extend the one-year free replacement portion of our warranty for the entire three-year period. If your rod breaks, we will replace it with a revised Levante—free of charge.
Warranty customers who wish to upgrade to the Orochi XX series instead of waiting for the revised Levante will be able to do so for a reduced fee, for a limited time.

We sincerely appreciate the trust anglers place in us. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure the Levante lives up to its full potential.

- Megabass of America

MCROUT14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MCROUT14 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:03 am

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by surge » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:07 am

Airrus donated their Mike Long signature series Stargate rods to children's charity :idea:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 am

surge wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:07 am
Airrus donated their Mike Long signature series Stargate rods to children's charity :idea:
I was thinking something similar.

Did they scratch the logos off first?
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:50 am

surge wrote:
Megabass supplying the effected rods to anyone now that they have acknoledged there could be breakage caused by a defect would put them at a serious liability. Hence the Destruction. (no pun inteded)

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by surge » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 am
surge wrote:
I was thinking something similar.

Did they scratch the logos off first?
Dunno. But it would be easy to cover that name with a black sticker.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:45 pm

M Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:50 pm

As we do with all of our new releases, we have been closely monitoring the 2019 Levante. After careful examination, we have determined that a quality control oversight allowed certain defective blanks to reach the US market and our customers. This is a failure for which we sincerely apologize. We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we expect our customers to do the same.

To stand behind our promise of Megabass quality and performance, we have ceased Levante sales and taken all inventory off of the market. To ensure with 100% certainty that the issue is hereby closed, this inventory will be destroyed.

Key points:

This is a quality control issue, so it does not affect every single model. If you haven’t experienced any issues, please continue to fish with confidence knowing that:
If you purchased a 2019 Levante before 7/31/19, we will extend the one-year free replacement portion of our warranty for the entire three-year period. If your rod breaks, we will replace it with a revised Levante—free of charge.
Warranty customers who wish to upgrade to the Orochi XX series instead of waiting for the revised Levante will be able to do so for a reduced fee, for a limited time.

We sincerely appreciate the trust anglers place in us. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure the Levante lives up to its full potential.

- Megabass of America
Which models were affected?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm

If you have an issue with any current generation Levante then the policy above will cover you.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:45 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Key points:

- Megabass of America
Which models were affected?
I wish they would say as well, if it was isolated to a few models in the levante line that is. At least the replacement warranty is now 3 years instead of 1 so they must not be that concerned.