Conquest and nrx rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Johnny marks
Angler
Angler

Conquest and nrx rods

Post by Johnny marks » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 pm

im looking into getting a few new rods for these techniques 3/8-3/4oz jigs and texas rigs in and around heavy cover. 1/2 oz-3/4 oz swimjigs in and around heavy cover. Lighter jigs and worms Around some cover and lighter 3/8 oz swim jigs around scatterd grass. Im looking into these brands and rod lines, g loomis conquest and nrx, megabass orochi xx and destoyer, kistler zbones, Give me a list of rods out of those rod lines/brands that will cover this list of techniques. For the conquest rods i heard alot of great things about there actions and power and also heard many great things about nrx. kistler zbones. and megabass destoryers and orochi xx line im willing to mix these brands and get the right rods to cover those techniques.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Conquest and nrx rods

Post by Revofisher » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:22 am

1. g loomis nrx 893 for lighter 3/8 oz work, 894 nrx for the 1/2-3/4 oz baits

2. conquest 843,844,903,904 the 3 power rods for the lighter side and the 4 power for heavier side or more dense cover work.

3 kistler z bone 2019. 7'3 mh, 7'6 mh, 7'3 h, and 7'6 h . the mh in kistler will be a 4 power and will handle 1/2 oz plus trailer very well. I would probably look at the 5 power for 3/4 or above the 5 power kistler is a strong rod.

4. orochii xx perfect pitch for heavier cover, and diablo spec r for lighter cover

5. 2017 destroyer . valdiva for heavier cover, fmj for moderate to heavy cover, dameos for lighter cover, and the bunker buster if you like seeing bass flying through the air on the hook set so yes heavy cover.

the one rod i have not tried is the megabass wild bunch and i think it may be a good fit for you as far as being one of the more versatile hvy sticks just from reading reviews though as i do not own this rod model yet.

Johnny marks
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnny marks » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:33 am

Revofisher wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:22 am
1. g loomis nrx 893 for lighter 3/8 oz work, 894 nrx for the 1/2-3/4 oz baits

2. conquest 843,844,903,904 the 3 power rods for the lighter side and the 4 power for heavier side or more dense cover work.

3 kistler z bone 2019. 7'3 mh, 7'6 mh, 7'3 h, and 7'6 h . the mh in kistler will be a 4 power and will handle 1/2 oz plus trailer very well. I would probably look at the 5 power for 3/4 or above the 5 power kistler is a strong rod.

4. orochii xx perfect pitch for heavier cover, and diablo spec r for lighter cover

5. 2017 destroyer . valdiva for heavier cover, fmj for moderate to heavy cover, dameos for lighter cover, and the bunker buster if you like seeing bass flying through the air on the hook set so yes heavy cover.

the one rod i have not tried is the megabass wild bunch and i think it may be a good fit for you as far as being one of the more versatile hvy sticks just from reading reviews though as i do not own this rod model yet.
now that you mentioned all the rods in each line and have tried them all give the 2 or 3 i should get for these techniques

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:51 am

NRX 893, CNQ 904, Z-Bone Le5 7-6.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:24 am

A lot of my reccomendations will be dependant on what rod length you like. If i had to choose three out of the line up i mentioned .... dang this is hard lol.

1. destroyer fmj this rod is so great at the weights you mentioned and is one of my favorite jig rods for pitching to cover. The fmj is not going to be as sensitive as the nrx rods but its no slouch i have not missed any bites with this rod and its plenty sensitive. so for pitching jigs and texas rigs i would pick this rod up.

2. z bone 5 power in either 7'3 or 7'6 length im suggesting this rod for the 3/4 oz work which it handles very well compared to the other rods and is very sensitive.

3.destroyer dameos this is probably one of my favorite swim jig / open hook rods and will be a great swim jig rod. the only thing with this rod is i would not personally do 3/4 oz swim jigs with it.

4. im throwing in the conquest 904 for versatility due to the mag bass taper i use this for jigs, swimbaits, and swim jigs. its a good all rounder.

5. last but not least the nrx 894 is hard to beat if you doing pure jig work. i have used this rod the most i would say and its always with a jig . its one of my favorite jigs rods to date

i know i gave you 5 sorry 3 was to hard to do lol. honestly i think you would be happy with any of the rods mentioned there is just a lot to consider on someones personal level in what they want in their rods. example are guides, reel seats, cork ect. and they all have their downfall for me that is might be great for another fisherman. megabass has awesome rods but hate the reel seat. nrx guide train not the biggest fan of, kistler z bone cork is not that great for the price of the rod, conquest 904 a tad tip heavy and so and so. the only rod ill eliminate for you is the 4 power z bones i use them for off shore type fishing for your purpose i would more than likely not go with the 7'6 4 power rod , and ill eliminate the bunker buster unless your fishing very heavy cover all the time. the conquest 843 is great but i just dont use it a lot its turned into a spinnerbait stick basically

Johnny marks
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnny marks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 am

TommyG wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:51 am
NRX 893, CNQ 904, Z-Bone Le5 7-6.
That sounds like a nice list which would you throw on which ?

Johnny marks
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnny marks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:15 am

Revofisher wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:24 am
A lot of my reccomendations will be dependant on what rod length you like. If i had to choose three out of the line up i mentioned .... dang this is hard lol.

1. destroyer fmj this rod is so great at the weights you mentioned and is one of my favorite jig rods for pitching to cover. The fmj is not going to be as sensitive as the nrx rods but its no slouch i have not missed any bites with this rod and its plenty sensitive. so for pitching jigs and texas rigs i would pick this rod up.

2. z bone 5 power in either 7'3 or 7'6 length im suggesting this rod for the 3/4 oz work which it handles very well compared to the other rods and is very sensitive.

3.destroyer dameos this is probably one of my favorite swim jig / open hook rods and will be a great swim jig rod. the only thing with this rod is i would not personally do 3/4 oz swim jigs with it.

4. im throwing in the conquest 904 for versatility due to the mag bass taper i use this for jigs, swimbaits, and swim jigs. its a good all rounder.

5. last but not least the nrx 894 is hard to beat if you doing pure jig work. i have used this rod the most i would say and its always with a jig . its one of my favorite jigs rods to date

i know i gave you 5 sorry 3 was to hard to do lol. honestly i think you would be happy with any of the rods mentioned there is just a lot to consider on someones personal level in what they want in their rods. example are guides, reel seats, cork ect. and they all have their downfall for me that is might be great for another fisherman. megabass has awesome rods but hate the reel seat. nrx guide train not the biggest fan of, kistler z bone cork is not that great for the price of the rod, conquest 904 a tad tip heavy and so and so. the only rod ill eliminate for you is the 4 power z bones i use them for off shore type fishing for your purpose i would more than likely not go with the 7'6 4 power rod , and ill eliminate the bunker buster unless your fishing very heavy cover all the time. the conquest 843 is great but i just dont use it a lot its turned into a spinnerbait stick basically
you mention the fmj and nrx 894 wouldn’t those throw the same techniques but the nrx just being longer