Daiwa Certate LT

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Certate LT

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Admin Note: Discussion split from TackleTour Shootout : Stella FJ vs Exist LT

I've been more and more impressed with my Stella FJ then any other spinning reel I have owned, I've used it almost daily
for the last 6 weeks and its amazing.

I do have the new Certate LT with added bearings and its pretty sweet also but if I had to choose one it would be the Stella.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: TackleTour Shootout : Stella FJ vs Exist LT

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Very nice review, well done. I've done my own shoot out as well with both reels on everything from the legendary Steez AGS 76MML, Legend Elite 7'6" ML and M, Megabass Flyssa, Brigand, Addermine, X7 Simoom, NRX 852s, 872s, Conquest 902, and several others. There's no doubt the Stella is a high quality, well engineered, truly great reel and I've been a Stella fan for a long time. Exist LT is the clear winner for me and I love the paddle knob :lol:
How would you compare the Exist LT to the Certate LT?
Besides the aluminum vs magnesium?

I added bearings to my Certate LT so it has the exact same bearing placement as the Exist LT.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

I added bearings to my Certate LT so it has the exact same bearing placement as the Exist LT.
Weight plays a big role... the Exist LT is pretty special because of that. The Certate LT is nice too, but it's no Exist or Stella nor is it intended to be.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Cal wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm
Weight plays a big role... the Exist LT is pretty special because of that. The Certate LT is nice too, but it's no Exist or Stella nor is it intended to be.
But besides the weight what is the difference?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:13 pm

it takes less effort to turn the handle of the Exist than the Certate similar to what you probably feel beween the Stella and Certate right now... overall weight also contributes to the feel of the reel overall - it cannot be discounted.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 am

Cal wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Exactly. You could add the best bearings on the planet to the Certate LT and it is never going to be nor feel like an Exist LT and as Cal wrote, it isn't intended to be. I am a big fan of the Certate LT, it's the best upper middle echelon spinning reel out there in my opinion, and I have one on an X7 Simoom that I use regularly. There is a level of fluidity in use that the Exist LT has an advantage over any other spinning reel I've personally used - the weight, the smoothness, the effortless handle turning, it is simply amazing.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 am

Exactly. You could add the best bearings on the planet to the Certate LT and it is never going to be nor feel like an Exist LT and as Cal wrote, it isn't intended to be. I am a big fan of the Certate LT, it's the best upper middle echelon spinning reel out there in my opinion, and I have one on an X7 Simoom that I use regularly. There is a level of fluidity in use that the Exist LT has an advantage over any other spinning reel I've personally used - the weight, the smoothness, the effortless handle turning, it is simply amazing.
Thanks,
have you opened them both up to see the key differences?

I plan on buying one in the future but the more info the better because the Exist is not cheap :big grin:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanks,
have you opened them both up to see the key differences?

I plan on buying one in the future but the more info the better because the Exist is not cheap :big grin:
Bryan is Exist LT certified and the chief reel tech at The Tackle Trap. It's beyond my pay grade to crack that bad boy open and I'm not a fan of working on spinning reels, so no, I haven't opened it up. I've fished them quite a bit, so I can feel the key differences :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Certate LT

Post by Slazmo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Someone should build a guage force machine to test the "fluidity" of the wind of these reels, shouldn't be too hard for someone with access to the right jig and tools.

What everyone feels is so easily subject to individual and build of each reel.