Post purple

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Post purple

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm

domthewon wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 pm
Don’t you love when you get home from work and you got a couple rod tubes just leaning against the house waiting for you to get home? Since it is the 2018 purple edition, and 2019 is the year of no more shelf queens I had to have something to match my P.O. TD-Z. I grabbed a Designo Leben DLT-C71H+R2S Torque Tune purple edition. I can’t wait to get this combo on the water.
Sorry for the crappy pics.

Wowza; didn’t even know they dressed those up in lucky colours. Sweet. That torque tune is super interesting and would suggest a wonderfully versatile rod in practice. Will be looking forward to your impressions...thanks for sharing and allowing a closer look at that beauty.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:10 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Well done! =D>

Right on!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

domthewon wrote:
Don’t you love when you get home from work and you got a couple rod tubes just leaning against the house waiting for you to get home? Since it is the 2018 purple edition, and 2019 is the year of no more shelf queens I had to have something to match my P.O. TD-Z. I grabbed a Designo Leben DLT-C71H+R2S Torque Tune purple edition. I can’t wait to get this combo on the water.

Congrats, you just broke the internet :shock:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Wowza; didn’t even know they dressed those up in lucky colours. Sweet. That torque tune is super interesting and would suggest a wonderfully versatile rod in practice. Will be looking forward to your impressions...thanks for sharing and allowing a closer look at that beauty.
Thanks! I didn’t know they did either until after I sniped a different model and seen this one. I figured I’d save on shipping later by buying it now. It has a really awesome taper and guide layout. The backbone is very powerful. It’s rated 3/8-4 oz. I’m not even sure what techniques I’m gonna use it for but gotta throw the standard tungsten weight on it and drag it around the pool just to compare sensitivity to the other elites first. It’s the most controlled environment for testing and gives me a really good idea of where it stands. I don’t own any of the EG super stallions, but this is how I imagine them being. I’ll get back to you after a little action.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Congrats, you just broke the internet :shock:
:lol:
Naaa.... I know other TTers love the purple and there hasn’t been to many pics posted lately. Thanks
Dom

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

domthewon wrote:

=D> =D> That is what I am talking about!!! I think I have seen that rod, and thought a couple of times about it, but I had no purple reel to suite it. Designo is next on my list though, I've got my eye on a Racing DLR C6'11 ML/MHRST 2S Kamiya Spiral, if it sticks around until I can fund it. Wish I knew what all those letters and numbers meant ](*,) :lol:
There is also the Backlash Black Editions that should be rolling out soon.

When you get a chance to use that rod, we need to hear all about it!

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

=D> =D> That is what I am talking about!!! I think I have seen that rod, and thought a couple of times about it, but I had no purple reel to suite it. Designo is next on my list though, I've got my eye on a Racing DLR C6'11 ML/MHRST 2S Kamiya Spiral, if it sticks around until I can fund it. Wish I knew what all those letters and numbers meant ](*,) :lol:
There is also the Backlash Black Editions that should be rolling out soon.

When you get a chance to use that rod, we need to hear all about it!
:lol:
I have no idea what all those letters and numbers mean either, but it= awesome! I definitely think you would appreciate one. I have a few rods that are tuned by Kamiya and I searched everywhere to find out who he was with no luck. I know he lays out guides on some of the Designo blanks like the Imakatsu rod I have built on a design blank. I could immediately tell the guides were spaced perfectly and the way the line rides the guides under load is excellent. I can only imagine a spiral wrapped model would be sweet. Initial impressions after dragging a 3/8 oz tungsten 4/0 and 5" senko around the pool are the sensitivity is up with the best I own or have tried. Seditions, Steez RD's, and NRX's(which I don't think are at the top of the list anymore but everybody knows NRX= sensitive). The weight feels like an anchor on the bottom of my somewhat smooth with a very fine grit pool when picking up slack to the tip, and can be held in place under tension until your ready to drag it. What makes that useful and is important to me when fishing a texas rig or jig is the more tension I can have on the line while keeping the bait in place helps me detect even the slightest bite from a lazy bass and slam the hook home. The only other rods that compare to that are the Racing Designs specifically the 7011HRB Jigga stick. Build and feel are top notch. Typical Designo matte black blank finish and simple aesthetics make this rod look like a classic JDM build, but the performance is what makes these rods special. The Taper is a Fast with slight progression to it, and a solid backbone. It's very powerful, but not overwhelming, or a broomstick by any means, and will be investigated further to find it's final spot in my line-up. This is my 3rd Designo rod this year and won't be my last. It was super hard to not grab the matching spinning purple edition rod too, but I won't fish spinning rods enough. No more shelf queens(gotta keep reminding myself [-XX )! I'll let y'all know more when I get through testing baits and techniques.
Thanks,
Dom

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am

Wow. My purple accented reels look 'missionary' compared to that rig. Well done.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am
Wow. My purple accented reels look 'missionary' compared to that rig. Well done.
“Missionary” :lol: that’s hilarious. I got it second hand like that, but added the deep purple drag star, brake dial screw and the level wind shaft cause I had them laying around. I’m digging it. Thank you.

Kingofpool12
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kingofpool12 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:07 pm

:D

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:46 am

Kingofpool12 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:07 pm
Very nice! What handle is that?

Kingofpool12
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kingofpool12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am

Zansin 86mm
h.h. nut
limited edition gold slp knobs

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Haven't seen an ito color schemed like that. Thanks!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Kingofpool12 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:07 pm
What rod do you have here?

Kingofpool12
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kingofpool12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Zenith Japan Intruder Custom bass rod :)