Where to buy MB parts for Steez

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Datbasstho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Where to buy MB parts for Steez

Post by Datbasstho » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 am

Hey guys,

Ive been trying to find out where I can buy a black Megabass thumb bar for my Daiwa Steez Sv 103XS but cant find one anywhere.
I also want to replace the front end where it says "steez" with a plain one.

I basically want it to look like the IS71.

Also, can someone fill me in on the difference between a IS71 compared to a Steez?
Do they use the Steez frame for the IS71?
What upgrades are made from MB on the IS71?
Is it worth the upgrade from a Steez to a IS71?

I fell in love with the IS71 Racing Illusion but dont want to spend what theyre worth now on a used reel thats quite old.
So I figured I can copy the look of the regular IS71to my Steez.

thanks!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Where to buy MB parts for Steez

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 pm

You can't just buy Megabass reel parts, unless you have the original defective part. Only way to find those parts is to hope someone swapped their stock MB reel parts with something else.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Datbasstho wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 am
Hey guys,

Ive been trying to find out where I can buy a black Megabass thumb bar for my Daiwa Steez Sv 103XS but cant find one anywhere.
I also want to replace the front end where it says "steez" with a plain one.

I basically want it to look like the IS71.

Also, can someone fill me in on the difference between a IS71 compared to a Steez?
Do they use the Steez frame for the IS71?
What upgrades are made from MB on the IS71?
Is it worth the upgrade from a Steez to a IS71?

I fell in love with the IS71 Racing Illusion but dont want to spend what theyre worth now on a used reel thats quite old.
So I figured I can copy the look of the regular IS71to my Steez.

thanks!
Hope I'm not breaking any rules by providing this url but there's info here that is helpful based on some of your questions: http://jdmfishing.com/

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 pm
You can't just buy Megabass reel parts, unless you have the original defective part. Only way to find those parts is to hope someone swapped their stock MB reel parts with something else.
So how does that work? You send the part to them and they send a new one back?
This is the way.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
My experience hasn't been quite the same with regard to Megabass parts. We have been able to source many, albeit not inexpensive in most cases. Generally speaking however, Megabass parts are more difficult to source especially if you aren't the original owner of the reel and you don't have a dealer willing to go the extra mile to help out.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Seems it used to be an exchange program. Now like Gary said, some dealers in the know can source parts themselves direct. They are very expensive though.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lzeil » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 pm

years ago, i ask jun @ japantackle to source me some mb ito knob screws. they were $25 each with a 4 week lead-time. not sure who was crazier, mb selling them so expensive or me buying them :lol:

Datbasstho
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Datbasstho » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm

So basically I’m better off selling my steez and adding money and finding a IS71 instead.
That would probably work out cheaper than somehow finding the parts and paying for them.

I’m still trying to find out what the differences are in specs when megabass release a reel compared to the Daiwa version they tune up.

Thanks for all your help so far guys!!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:17 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:04 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:

My experience hasn't been quite the same with regard to Megabass parts. We have been able to source many, albeit not inexpensive in most cases. Generally speaking however, Megabass parts are more difficult to source especially if you aren't the original owner of the reel and you don't have a dealer willing to go the extra mile to help out.
I figured you would chime in Gary. I didnt want to put words in your mouth, which is why I made the above blanket statement. I was pretty sure you guys could do that, since the IP line guides are for sale at TTT. =D> And based on the price, I figured anything that was successfully procured would also be very expensive. :P I was referring to sourcing something as an individual, as the OP was trying to do.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Would be nice but going to get harder and harder to get custom parts it seems.