Megabass jota slantbridge

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Megabass jota slantbridge

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 pm

So, I went and spent more money than I should have on a very nice rod. It is definitely my new favorite to look at, especially paired with my TD Ito 103, however I found very little information about it before buying it.

It's a F4 1/2-64Xfti Jota. It says dorum stick above the first guide. I looked up megabass dorum and found the dorum 120 jerkbait/shallow diver.

Anyway, to get to the point, I was hoping others who have had or used this rod could tell me what they liked or didn't like to use it for. Thanks

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass jota slantbridge

Post by poot04 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm

I have the jota, just not slant bridge(wish I did). I use it for topwater 1/4 -3/4. The length and action are perfect for working walkers and poppers and if I didn’t have a rod I use for jerkbaits I would use it for that as well. The slant bridge gives you even more clearance to work baits as well as tuck under your forearm. Sweet accusation my friend, have fun with it and catch some fish. :D

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

poot04 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm
I have the jota, just not slant bridge(wish I did). I use it for topwater 1/4 -3/4. The length and action are perfect for working walkers and poppers and if I didn’t have a rod I use for jerkbaits I would use it for that as well. The slant bridge gives you even more clearance to work baits as well as tuck under your forearm. Sweet accusation my friend, have fun with it and catch some fish. :D
Yeah, it is a pretty sweet looking rod. I just wanted one that was kind of different and special to me. The rest I have are $150-$200 rods and I'm happy with them.

I kind of figured based on length and the slantbridge it would be good for working baits. I've been told it can be a versatile rod like some of the others in the evoluzion lineup.

Do you think it would work for smaller cranks (square bills or lipless?).

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm

I have the slightly less desirable newer version with the cork and acs seat, but I think the blank is similar to yours. It’s also a slant. Yeah; I think it’s quite versatile and I like it when I want to go to a shorter rod. I’ve thrown all kinds of smallish treble baits with it and found it works them well. The version I have is a very fun rod and highly functional with poppers, cranks and rip baits for me.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm
I have the slightly less desirable newer version with the cork and acs seat, but I think the blank is similar to yours. It’s also a slant. Yeah; I think it’s quite versatile and I like it when I want to go to a shorter rod. I’ve thrown all kinds of smallish treble baits with it and found it works them well. The version I have is a very fun rod and highly functional with poppers, cranks and rip baits for me.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm just trying to figure out where this fits in my lineup (I'll make a spot one way or another). I've got a megabass levante jerkbait special with daiwa sv105 that I use for jerkbaits (obviously) and I've got a tatula elite 6'9" ml/r with a daiwa Sol that I originally bought for jerkbaits but want to use for light cranks and other treble baits. The levante is much longer though so maybe I'll try it out with the jota (don't know what is do with the levante if I liked the Jota better for jerkbaits).

Is yours the stage 2 jota slantbridge?

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 am

Yes; I have the stage II. I didn’t mention earlier, but I’ve even bounced small creatures on the shoreline with it and it did fine. It’s no dedicated jig rod; but I’ve taken it on shoreline walks with a tackle bag as my single rod and have been able to throw a lot of different stuff depending on conditions. I think you’ll like it. It’s kind of one of those cliche they don’t make em like they used to rods for me.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Do you feel like it could handle 1/2oz cranks or stick to something more like 3/8oz (not deep divers).

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:07 am

I throw jerkbaits on the exact same rod, I also throw jerkbaits on it, and sometimes more jerkbaits!
Great rod, you won't be disappointed.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:07 am
I throw jerkbaits on the exact same rod, I also throw jerkbaits on it, and sometimes more jerkbaits!
:lol:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:40 pm
Do you feel like it could handle 1/2oz cranks or stick to something more like 3/8oz (not deep divers).
Yes; i think it could.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:19 am

389Maverick wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:07 am
I think I got it, but just in case, it's a great jerkbait rod right? Lol

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Got to take it out yesterday for the first time. Threw square bills and jerkbaits with it. It is an awesome rod felt good with both. Feels like it is a very versatile rod, soft top but had a strong backbone too. Definitely my new jerkbait rod after yesterday. 6'4" was much easier to work with than 6'10" in my hands.

Had it paired up with my TD Ito 103 with the steez 105sv limited spool and it was launching jerkbaits. Caught my first two jerkbait fish. It was awesome.

Would have been a perfect day except I lost my prescription glasses in the lake (was holding a fish with treble hooks in it's mouth and the jota so I decided not to jump in after them.) Also the handle nut cover fell out off my Ito at some point and I couldn't find it and then the nut kept working lose (could only hand tighten it and without the cover nothing kept it from loosening). Guess I need to get a carbon fiber one.

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Congratulations on the SB and welcome to the club. It's a slippery road from here on out, as you'll want to get more of them. :lol:
2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:33 pm
Got to take it out yesterday for the first time. Threw square bills and jerkbaits with it. It is an awesome rod felt good with both. Feels like it is a very versatile rod, soft top but had a strong backbone too. Definitely my new jerkbait rod after yesterday. 6'4" was much easier to work with than 6'10" in my hands.

Had it paired up with my TD Ito 103 with the steez 105sv limited spool and it was launching jerkbaits. Caught my first two jerkbait fish. It was awesome.

Would have been a perfect day except I lost my prescription glasses in the lake (was holding a fish with treble hooks in it's mouth and the jota so I decided not to jump in after them.) Also the handle nut cover fell out off my Ito at some point and I couldn't find it and then the nut kept working lose (could only hand tighten it and without the cover nothing kept it from loosening). Guess I need to get a carbon fiber one.
Yes, but did you try throwing jerkbaits with it tho? :big grin: :lol: :lol:
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 pm

What reels do you guys like on your jota? I had a TD ito (regret selling it) but currently have an alphas sv105. Been looking at pictures of the i'ze light on the jota and it looks great.