Ordering from Mudhole

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Ordering from Mudhole

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 am

Anyone had any issues with ordering components from Mudhole lately? See the sticky at the top, but wondering how things are working out now. Want to order 80 guides for 8 rods (Torzite), and their free shipping has me looking to order from them. Thanks.
Last edited by Jeffbro999 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Ordering from Mudhole

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm

I last ordered from the in Dec 2018. I never had issues with them.

Create an account and build a cart. After a couple days, they will send you an email saying "Will this reel you back (or in)?" Its a 10%off coupon.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

The delivery wait can be a bit.... extended, at times.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Saw that coupon offer earlier, thanks for the reminder. Didn’t realize that sticky post was from 2011 :lol: Hopefully things are better now. Extended wait time does suck though. Saw a 5-7 day ship time but not sure about this quantity.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 am

They are quite fast IF every item is in stock.. BO items can take some time.

Stupid wepshop application doesnt show quatities in real time.. :evil:

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by edwelch1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am

I've had a couple orders from them recently with no issues. Haven't ordered anything that was back-ordered, but they were prompt with getting the orders shipped out the following day (usually order after I get home form work) and my orders were filled correctly and packaged well.

If only I could get the mail carriers to not take their sweet a** time delivering packages...it'll get from FL to MN in a day to day and a half, then take another 2 days to get to where I'm at within MN. I'm not even out in the boonies lol.

I think the only issue would be ordering express shipping from what I've read. I rarely pay for express shipping for anything anymore, as standard mail services are still fast enough for me even counting the 2 day slog they take through my state.
www.blindjumperoutdoors.com

rh_916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rh_916 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:26 am

Im in the west coast. It takes like 6 to 7 business days to get to me every time.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 pm

rh_916 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:26 am
Im in the west coast. It takes like 6 to 7 business days to get to me every time.
I'm from the west coast as well. Although shipping times have gotten much better in the past year or two, I try to avoid them because they usually use UPS Surepost or FedEx Smartpost (takes 7-12 days for me). They should have an option where to you pay extra for Priority shipping, but I believe their next next shipping option is 2-day for like $30.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Out of stock items are a pita, just like everywhere else. This is one of the joys of going custom ](*,) . Sometimes you have to wait for way too long to finish a build.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Thank you guys, glad to hear no one has had any major issues. Went ahead and placed an order, so we will see how it turns out. Shipping and availability of components always seems to be a headache when it comes to building custom rods, so at least I can say those issues won’t bother me any more than usual. If these shipping times are correct, I guess I can’t complain since it’s free. On the sites I usually order from, shipping price seems to increase with value of items ordered, so free shipping is definitely welcomed on this order. Now for the wait.....really want to fish these rods now! :crying: :lol:

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 am

i've been ordering from Mudhole about a decade now. always got what i ordered. they're a business. i'm a customer. they've always came through for me. if you have the option of seeing them at a rodbuilding show i'd recommend you do so. some fine deals to be had.
as said elsewhere backorders do happen. not a big deal-i've just ordered something else.

bish0p
Angler
Angler

Post by bish0p » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 pm

It can take awhile for them to re-stock certain items. Shipping to California can be slow. Eventually I always get what I ordered.

I miss Angler's Workshop when they were in Washington.