Metanium DC worth it over Curado DC

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Keeper4017
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Metanium DC worth it over Curado DC

Post by Keeper4017 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Anyone have both of these reels that can provide a fair comparison. Is the almost 2x price for a Metanium DC really with it over the curado DC.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Metanium DC worth it over Curado DC

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Welcome to TT and it just depends on A) how much you think extra refinement is worth, B) how long you expect to keep/how often you intend to use the reel, and C) how much time you spend on this forum. Good luck.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:14 pm

For instance, is a metanium twice as good as a curado? Probably not. However, is it worth two curados? Maybe.
This is the way.

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:29 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm
C) how much time you spend on this forum.
:lol:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Always a point in diminishing returns on all retail goods. Only the customer can decide if the proportions are good enough for them. I can say that the Metanium DC is a &itchin reel. I'm all Daiwa, and mine ain't going anywhere. Never used the Curado DC, but I doubt it can hang with the Metanium in terms of performance.

Keeper4017
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Keeper4017 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been a Revo stx guy for a long time but looking to try out a DC reel. I fish at least twice a week between tournaments and fun fishing. With that said I look for something that’s reliable and a workhorse. If the Metanium is more the enthusiast reel for looks and perfect refinement vs the curado being the workhorse do it all reel then that’s the Reel for
Me. Thoughts?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:41 am

The DC system in the Metanium is superior to the Curado. But, if you are looking for heavy use applications where you are gonna be beating the reel up, you might want to take the Curado over the Metanium. But thats just my opinion. Or, you might just want to swap a set of brass gears into the Metanium.
<")))><{

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Keeper4017 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am
Thanks for the replies. I’ve been a Revo stx guy for a long time but looking to try out a DC reel. I fish at least twice a week between tournaments and fun fishing. With that said I look for something that’s reliable and a workhorse. If the Metanium is more the enthusiast reel for looks and perfect refinement vs the curado being the workhorse do it all reel then that’s the Reel for
Me. Thoughts?
Best of both worlds. Metanium is a reliable workhorse with better refinement, and a touch of enthusiast. It's also going to be more capable and universal if you're not just slinging heavy baits with it.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Well, if it is a workhorse reel I will also throw in the Antares DC (3/8-2oz) and the Antares DC MD (1/2-5oz).

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:37 am

Both are great reels (Own a Met DC. have friends with the Curado DC).

the best advice I can give you on these two reels is do some research on the DC system in both reels. You may find one is better suited for the way you fish.

The metanium has more line options than the curado but the curado seems better for skipping and casting into the wind.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 pm

I wouldn't get an IDC4 reel.