MH JDM Love

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

MH JDM Love

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:37 pm

I guess there’s just something about MH rods. I had to have these guys to compare for myself. I’ve read reviews about most of these rods but after I always question what other high end rod does this person have that they can compare what they feel or say to. I didn’t want to doubt anymore so I grabbed a bunch of them from these random brands so I could find for myself which ones are really the best of the best. I’ve come to the conclusion that they are all excellent rods, are all sensitive, and all have features that make them sought after. I also own the respective Heavy model of each of the brands and lines as well. I just received my B69mh and B70h Gamakatsu Luxxe Oltres, and a Designo Leben DL-C71MH+RST so there is still some testing that will be going down. I am very low on fishing line so some of the spools that I typically fish in these rods are not in their reels in these pics. I gotta get out so of course I did a substitution or 2 for now. Black Friday is coming. :lol:
From top to bottom or Right to Left:
Megabass X7 F5-75x7 Extreme Mission with a TD-Z type R+ custom paint, Zpi bearings, PG spool, PSD05 Star Drag, HH royal purple CCC, I’ze Factory Carbon handle, MB Kanji knobs.

Shimano/G-Loomis Conquest 843 with a JDM Metanium, brass 8:1gears, ZPI purple pg Carbon Handle, ZPI purple CCC and aluminum knobs, KTF purple star drag, bearings, and Neo spool.

Shimano Poison Ultima with a JDM Bantam, KTF handle, star drag, CCC, bearings, and RCS cork knobs. ( I have the matching KTF Neo spool but don’t want to remove the brake block from the stock spool).

Designo Leben DL-C71MH+RST tuned by Kamiya with a SLP Works Zillion 1012 pretty much stock except for added YT fusion bearings. In the pic it has a Steez 1012 svtw G1 spool til I get some line for the stock spool.

Evergreen Kaleido Stallion TKIC-69MH BK with a Steez 103SV HL with a RCS90 carbon handle with OG corks, SLP works blue star drag, lock washer and CCC, ZPI Blue Emblem spool and bearings.

Daiwa Steez Racing Design 701MH/H Hustler Technical Tune with a Steez SVTW with a KTF Kahen Neo,carbon handle, star drag, bearings, engine cover and other dress up parts. RCS 90 handle with RCS cork knobs

Gamakatsu Luxxe Oltre B69 MH with a JDM Steez Sv (running a G1 1016 zillion spool temporarily until I get more line for the stock orange SV spool.) ZPI bearings and Limited Edition Zillion SVTW SLP works 90mm carbon handle with carbon studio composite knobs.

My new excuse to buy a zillion 10 ;)

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: MH JDM Love

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Sorry my pics always come out crappy on this site or I'd post more. ](*,)

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm

=D>

I’ll be interested what you think about the oltre—RD comparisons in their respective powers. I have quite a bit of time with the 2 mh’s and like the RD slightly better in that comparison. Much less time with the two H powered rods head to head, but in that case the oltre is the clear winner so far for me. I’ll leave it at that for now because I don’t want to create bias.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Never sweat the quality of photos! They look great! Great looking outfits! I need to do photos of mine sometime. I have 25 higher end bait casting combos that are all color coordinated to the rod :lol:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm
=D>

I’ll be interested what you think about the oltre—RD comparisons in their respective powers. I have quite a bit of time with the 2 mh’s and like the RD slightly better in that comparison. Much less time with the two H powered rods head to head, but in that case the oltre is the clear winner so far for me. I’ll leave it at that for now because I don’t want to create bias.
Wow that’s interesting. I look forward to testing the two heavy rods head to head as well. I know most of these are considered bottom contact rods but they can do so much more. They can’t all be my Texas rig or jig rods.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Looks fun Dom, thanks for sharing 8-)

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:10 pm
Never sweat the quality of photos! They look great! Great looking outfits! I need to do photos of mine sometime. I have 25 higher end bait casting combos that are all color coordinated to the rod :lol:
Thank you. I still wish they would show up cleaner looking. They look great on my phone. Post ‘em. It’s always cool to see what other guys are fishing, and how they like their gear.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Cristo wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:45 pm
Looks fun Dom, thanks for sharing 8-)
Right on! I love trying all these random rods out. It makes a slow day of fishing more enjoyable and a good day that much more enjoyable. :D

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

:shock:

Awesome collection! =D>

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm
:shock:

Awesome collection! =D>
Thank you! I appreciate it.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am

Awesome collection man

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 am

the hooligan wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am
Awesome collection man
Right on! I blame that Imakatsu Rodeo Ride I got off you for starting my interest in Designo blanks. I have 4 of them now and they are top notch. Thanks.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 am

Very sweet setups! How is the paint holding up on the tdz? Just picked up an airbrush and hear that magnesium frames can be tough to paint.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 am

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 am
Very sweet setups! How is the paint holding up on the tdz? Just picked up an airbrush and hear that magnesium frames can be tough to paint.
To be honest I’ve only used that reel 3 times since. It is still perfect without flaws or chips (fingers crossed). I keep reel covers on my reels when I’m not using them. Thanks for the kind words.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Sick gear bra, I bet that hustler is dope.