Megabass levante discontinued?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
ZJKorman
Angler
Angler

Megabass levante discontinued?

Post by ZJKorman » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:48 am

I see tackle warehouse took these rods off their website. Looking further, some larger retailers are out of stock also. Any idea as to what's going on? Maybe just waiting for them to come across the pond? Another redesign wouldn't make sense, these rods are a major improvement over gen 1. Thoughts?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass levante discontinued?

Post by M Perry » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 am

The Levantes are not being discontinued. They should be available in early 2020. I will get a firmer availability date and share it on here soon.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:55 pm

There was a manufacturing defect that caused them to be removed from the market. Shocked it took so long that at this posing they still are not available
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:12 pm

falcon wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:55 pm
There was a manufacturing defect that caused them to be removed from the market. Shocked it took so long that at this posing they still are not available

Just being very thorough before they are released.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am

Wow, that’s been a long time. So people are just stuck waiting on a new rod all this time?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:26 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am
Wow, that’s been a long time. So people are just stuck waiting on a new rod all this time?
It has been a long wait, I'll agree. To their credit, Megabass wants them to be right and has offered owners a $50 upgrade to a comparable XX model.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 am

Were the JDM Levante rods affected by the recall? I keep looking at them to expand my kayak arsenal but it's hard to find any info about them.

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/information/levante/

There are some interesting looking rods in the line up, esp the F5-611LV. I could see it being both a great kayak rod for me and the 4 part version as a heaver travel rod.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 am
Were the JDM Levante rods affected by the recall? I keep looking at them to expand my kayak arsenal but it's hard to find any info about them.

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/information/levante/

There are some interesting looking rods in the line up, esp the F5-611LV. I could see it being both a great kayak rod for me and the 4 part version as a heaver travel rod.

No. The JDM Levantes were not in the recall.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Which models were affected by the recall?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Big-Bass wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:46 pm
Which models were affected by the recall?
Please see following message from Megabass of Americ:

As we do with all of our new releases, we have been closely monitoring the 2019 Levante. After careful examination, we have determined that a quality control oversight allowed certain defective blanks to reach the US market and our customers. This is a failure for which we sincerely apologize. We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we expect our customers to do the same.

To stand behind our promise of Megabass quality and performance, we have ceased Levante sales and taken all inventory off of the market. To ensure with 100% certainty that the issue is hereby closed, this inventory will be destroyed.

Key points:

We expect to start shipping revised Levante’s in late fall of 2019
This is a quality control issue, so it does not affect every single model. If you haven’t experienced any issues, please continue to fish with confidence knowing that:
If you purchased a 2019 Levante before 7/31/19, we will extend the one-year free replacement portion of our warranty for the entire three-year period. If your rod breaks, we will replace it with a revised Levante—free of charge.
Warranty customers who wish to upgrade to the Orochi XX series instead of waiting for the revised Levante will be able to do so for a reduced fee, for a limited time.

We sincerely appreciate the trust anglers place in us. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure the Levante lives up to its full potential.

- Megabass of America

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Not that it matters.........and I will prepare for the flak

But the name Levante just automatically makes me want to barf up a lungImage
Even when I just try to say the name this happensImage
Even when I try my hardest to get interested newer/older, no matter how interesting MB try's to get with it, Levante just will never work for me even with multi piece options in the newer iteration which normally I am a sucker for. Well I guess I shouldn't say never but......until this stops happening when I even try to utter that nameImage

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Hopefully they are back in time for next season. I've had my eye on the Perfect Pitch for a while.

Nealrohs5
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Nealrohs5 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Is there any updates when you can buy them again?

Nealrohs5
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Nealrohs5 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm

M Perry wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 am
The Levantes are not being discontinued. They should be available in early 2020. I will get a firmer availability date and share it on here soon.
Any updates?!?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:31 am

Nealrohs5 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm
M Perry wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 am
Any updates?!?
I will post the rerelease date when cleared to do so. I'm pretty excited to get the new ones myself.