Daiwa Sol Upgrades question

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Sol Upgrades question

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:26 pm

That SV spool works very well in the Sol.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:26 pm
You just HAD to egg me on didn't you ? :lol:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:47 pm

uljersey wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:26 pm
You just HAD to egg me on didn't you ? :lol:
Well, maybe a little. But I was seriously impressed with that spool's behavior in the Sol. Not sure if it has weaker magnets, but it seemed to really bomb even light stuff.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bmadd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bmadd » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Man I am ready to try this out now!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 pm

bmadd wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 am
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 pm
bmadd wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am
Thanks for the compliments and all the help. Also, thanks to IlliniDawg for the handle hookup! A few slight differences in the two oranges and in the light and dark gunmetal but I think it turned out great! Ready to give it a go with SV spool!
Glad you like it. I had been trying to figure out what to do with that handle for like 3 years. Sorry the gunmetals don't quite match, but it looks dang cool imo. I kinda wish I had a Sol now. If only there was an SV Spool that fit my Viento...

DaveJ
Hey Dave, no worries man! There's not really any light gunmetal handles out there that would match what's on the Sol. The Steeze handle matches the SV spool and but and isn't a big difference from the drag star, CCC, or brake screw. I want another Sol myself now!
https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/3789
I have one of these RCS gunmetal handles on an OG Zillion. It matches the frame on the SV105 perfectly, which I believe is the same as the two Sols that I sold about a decade ago. It's a lot more expensive than the new darker gunmetal handles on the Tatula etc. It also comes with all of the goodies. A lot of guys like me had been waiting years for a handle that was a perfect match to the lighter Daiwa gunmetal. Even though this RCS handle ended up being a great match, I don't mind the ten or so darker gunmetal Tatula handles that I have on my OG Zillions and OG Fuegos. I haven't bothered buying any more RCS handles.
Last edited by toddmc on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmadd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bmadd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 am

That does look like a closer match. I'm perfectly happy with how my Sol turned out. There is a subtle difference, but there is enough of each color for it to work IMO.