New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4201
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

i have 3 adrenas. i hate the fact they didn't put hook keepers on them \:D/ :big grin:

chrisg_sdcf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Is the new 6'10" a glass rod? It has a g in the model number but the new 7'2" M doesn't have a g in the model number.

chrisg_sdcf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 pm

bwjay wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am
What do you guys think about the 6'11M+ as a 1/4oz-3/4oz bottom contact rod? Enough power to rip heavier jigs free from vegetation, but soft enough to detect light bites and whip lighter jigs/Ned heads? I will be fishing from a kayak so I want a shorter rod. There are loads of long jig rods out there but not enough short ones. The incoming 6'10M looks like a contender as well, but I fear it would not get used once the weeds are thick here, so I want a rod that has a fair bit of backbone. I need a more balanced rod for a 2020 Metanium and I figure with the Met as my highest end reel, I might as well get my highest end rod as well. :lol:
Im also interested in the 6'11" m+ for the same lures.

Also looking at the 18 6'10" m and curious how it compares

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm
i have 3 adrenas. i hate the fact they didn't put hook keepers on them \:D/ :big grin:
Not to mention that they are always sold out!
I don’t think shimano expected them to sale this good

The 6’11” has all the backbone you need even in a kayak.
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

Bay_Bassin86
Angler
Angler
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am

I’m stuck between the 6’11”M+ or the 7’3” MH for lipless. What one would you recommend?

Mike son
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Mike son » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 am

Just wanted to note that while looking on Shimano Japan's website today, these Adrenas make use of the new Spiral X Core technology.
In comparison with Spiral X, the torsion strength has been increased by 10% and the crushing strength has been increased by 15%.
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm
Is the new 6'10" a glass rod? It has a g in the model number but the new 7'2" M doesn't have a g in the model number.
The "G" does stand for glass.

Taken from the new Zodias thread:
cndbasshunter wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:15 am

new adrena imo is faster action and much more powerful than the old.
Can you compare the old and new 7'2H Adrenas? Thinking about upgrading mine.

chrisg_sdcf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:03 am

Mike son wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 am
Just wanted to note that while looking on Shimano Japan's website today, these Adrenas make use of the new Spiral X Core technology.
In comparison with Spiral X, the torsion strength has been increased by 10% and the crushing strength has been increased by 15%.
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm
Is the new 6'10" a glass rod? It has a g in the model number but the new 7'2" M doesn't have a g in the model number.
The "G" does stand for glass.

Taken from the new Zodias thread:
cndbasshunter wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:15 am

new adrena imo is faster action and much more powerful than the old.
Can you compare the old and new 7'2H Adrenas? Thinking about upgrading mine.
Thanks. I ended up going with the previous model 6'10" m 2 piece.

Bay_Bassin86
Angler
Angler
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 am

For the people that own the 73MH how well with it work for 1/4-3/8oz jigs and T-rigs? I’m looking for a solid all sound rod to fish the bank with and wasn’t sure if the 72H would be overkill

User avatar
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: North GA

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Cracker » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:32 am

Bay_Bassin86 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 am
For the people that own the 73MH how well with it work for 1/4-3/8oz jigs and T-rigs? I’m looking for a solid all sound rod to fish the bank with and wasn’t sure if the 72H would be overkill
Don’t own any of those, but I would definitely go with 73MH in your case.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:24 am

I’d go with the 7’3 , it’s very versatile. If you are throwing a multitude of different things and hardbaits etc are thrown into the mix it will be fine.

StymoDe
Angler
Angler
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by StymoDe » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:36 pm

How much PA is better than Expride in terms of sensitivity and is their sensitivity consistent across the lineup? I own a few gen2 Expride and, while I like them all, I feel some are more sensitive than the other...now I have my eyes on these PA rods and wonder how much better the extra 70~$ can buy...

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Real Pudd legend » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:35 pm

The sensitivity is great on the 6’11, 6’7, and 7’2 so far for me. More comfortable than the nrx for sure to maneuver

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 am

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by mrpao » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 am

I own the old model PA 6'10 med light, 6'10 med, 6'10 med hvy, 7'2 med, 7'2 med hvy.
New model 7'2 hvy, 7'3" med hvy.
Expride 6'10 med, 7'2 med light+, 7'2 med hvy.

I feel the PA's are more sensitive than the exprides. Even the old models feel more sensitive than the exprides. Not that the exprides aren't sensitive, the PA's are just better.
The PA's just feel lighter and more crisp in the hand.
From the handle on up, the old and new model PA's look identical and feel about the same.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5938
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:01 pm

StymoDe wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:36 pm
How much PA is better than Expride in terms of sensitivity and is their sensitivity consistent across the lineup? I own a few gen2 Expride and, while I like them all, I feel some are more sensitive than the other...now I have my eyes on these PA rods and wonder how much better the extra 70~$ can buy...
The Adrenas have a better blank, and it's quite noticeable. The full monocoque handle on the new Adrenas is icing on the cake, in terms of adding a little something extra to sensitivity.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm

If the Expired is check
the Poison Adrena is C H E C K MATE!!!
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

Post Reply