Shimano Exsence Spinning

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano Exsence Spinning

Post by NYBASSIN » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:16 am

Hey everyone. Would love to hear any and all opinions on this reel, but do have one specific question.

What does the C prefix mean on the JDM models? There is a C3000MHG and a 3000MHG with nearly identical specs. Is the difference just the slight variation in gear ratio? 5.8 and 6 respectively.

3000 seems a little big but being JDM the line capacity seems to line up with USDM reels. Would this be suitable for typical bass fishing?

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Exsence Spinning

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:22 am

It’s a nice reel, but it’s not as nice as the Stella. If you’re not sold on Shimano, I would check out a Certate LT. In my opinion the Certate LT is the best in its price point and very closely behind the Stella.

The c stands for compact. It’s on a smaller frame but has the 3000 size spool.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:40 am

The guys from Tactical bassin say it feels smoother than the stella and alot lighter too.If you don't fish saltwater I'd go with the exsence.

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks guys. Do you know if the USDM 3000 matches the C or the larger reel?

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:03 am

NYBASSIN wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:13 am
Thanks guys. Do you know if the USDM 3000 matches the C or the larger reel?
The 3000 is the c. I believe the model is C3000MHG.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Being a smallmouth guy spins are my deal. Multiple Stella FJ’s and Exsence are what I own across the board. I adore both models and would buy them all again. Can’t go wrong either way.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 pm

FWIW; The Certate LT in my opinion is even up with the Stella, I own both brands but chose the Certate over the Stella after handling several of both with cash in hand and price was not an issue since I wanted a Stella, I now own three LT's and they have held up wonderfully so far, and are still butter smooth after more Salmon than I can keep track of it was an epic year! I have not had any of my newer generation Shimano's stay out of the box smooth like the LT's have so far.

Cheers, Kurt