New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by russ57 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:05 pm

mrpao wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 am
I own the old model PA 6'10 med light, 6'10 med, 6'10 med hvy, 7'2 med, 7'2 med hvy.
New model 7'2 hvy, 7'3" med hvy.
Expride 6'10 med, 7'2 med light+, 7'2 med hvy.

I feel the PA's are more sensitive than the exprides. Even the old models feel more sensitive than the exprides. Not that the exprides aren't sensitive, the PA's are just better.
The PA's just feel lighter and more crisp in the hand.
From the handle on up, the old and new model PA's look identical and feel about the same.
Any comments on the 72M?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:11 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm
If the Expired is check
the Poison Adrena is C H E C K MATE!!!
Have you used a poison glorious? Just curious how much difference there is between the adrena and glorious.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:22 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:11 pm
goldrod wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm
If the Expired is check
the Poison Adrena is C H E C K MATE!!!
Have you used a poison glorious? Just curious how much difference there is between the adrena and glorious.
Spellcheck. Man I’m sorry I just realized it said expired instead of expride
But I have not used the glorious....as of yet.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:54 am
Very light as expected but more power than expected. The 611m+ feels closer to MH. The 72mh works excellent for texas rigs and swimjigs.
do u mind posting a pic with the balancing point? also, i want to use it for 1/2oz jerkbaits and spinnerbaits. what do u think?

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:06 am

i have the new 6'10 glass model on the way should be here tomorrow ill give feedback on how the rod does. i wanted another jerkbait rod and already have a few rods that i love for jerkbaits but wanted to try this one out. im not in the moderate club on jerkbait rods so i use expride 6'10 medium, st croix legend elite 7 m, st croix legend tournament 6'8 jerkbait rod, and now will try this one out. i wasnt going to get the rod because i thought it would be moderate but the taper says moderate fast. so just might be enough to work the bait good or so i hope so anyway. I have the adrena 6'11 m plus and it acually does jerkbaits ok as well but i think it will be more of a utility rod for me. i have a core 50 on the 6'11 and it is probably one of my favorite combos ive got this year just feels so great in the hand. Thanks Reel Pudd Legend for hooking me up with the core lol . I forgot how much i loved that reel.

Luxn
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Luxn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:39 am

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the 7’3 MH PA for an all around bank fishing rod. Might possibly carry my 7’0 M Expride spinning rod with me too just for anything lighter. These things are absolutely beautiful. I’d love it if they came out with a 7’ spinning rod.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 am

i think i read that there may be more models introduced at i cast. If so i could only imagine a 7 ish medium spinner would maybe be in the line up considering they have done a ml and now a shorter med/hvy spinning rod.

Luxn
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Luxn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 am

Revofisher wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 am
i think i read that there may be more models introduced at i cast. If so i could only imagine a 7 ish medium spinner would maybe be in the line up considering they have done a ml and now a shorter med/hvy spinning rod.

I’d be extremely happy if they came out with something 7’ or over in a medium spinning rod. The gf... not so much.

Can anyone give an comparison between the 7’2 MH Expride vs the 7’3 MH PA?

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 pm

I know it’s a long shot, but has anyone laid hands on the166H-SB? I’m looking for a shorter H/XH rod to use in my kayak for 1/2oz jigs and smaller hard/soft swim baits. The 166H is rated like 3/8-2oz with a Regular taper. Based on the numbers I would think that it shouldn’t have an issue setting a jig hook, but I’d love to hear from someone who has handled one or even better fished one.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:02 pm

i didnt catch any fish today on the poison adrena 6'10 med glass but i did throw a plethora of different baits with it. Over all i really like the rod very light and nimble for sure, but not as crisp as the 6'10 m + which i expected because this has the glass mix in the rod. The rod is definitely more soft in the tip and upper third of the blank. If you are not a fan of softer rods for jerkbaits you might want to stick to another choice especially if you are the guy that wants that extra fast tip action in a rod. I think this model for me anyways will be a good jerkbait rod for the smaller offerings such as lucky craft 78s and the 3/8 oz gang of baits. when the water heats up down the road i can definitely see it being a good pop x/ rico rod for the lighter side of topwater fishing. Im also fond of it for the smaller balsa cranks as it casted those well and seems like it will be a good rod choice for the small crankbait crowd as well that throw a lot of balsa ( no weight transfer system baits). I have the rod paired with a aldebaren mgl 7;1 ratio and the balance is right in front of the locking nut on the rod so the balance is very good on this stick with a lighter reel.

on the rod handle shimano has. Fast Moving & BIG/ 1610M-G

take it they intended it for some moving baits but i dont know what the (BIG) notation means?

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:22 am

I have the glorious 7'M-G, and it feels similar in power to an 845cbr loomis, with a better tip. I'd say its med-fast.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Revofisher wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:02 pm
i didnt catch any fish today on the poison adrena 6'10 med glass but i did throw a plethora of different baits with it. Over all i really like the rod very light and nimble for sure, but not as crisp as the 6'10 m + which i expected because this has the glass mix in the rod. The rod is definitely more soft in the tip and upper third of the blank. If you are not a fan of softer rods for jerkbaits you might want to stick to another choice especially if you are the guy that wants that extra fast tip action in a rod. I think this model for me anyways will be a good jerkbait rod for the smaller offerings such as lucky craft 78s and the 3/8 oz gang of baits. when the water heats up down the road i can definitely see it being a good pop x/ rico rod for the lighter side of topwater fishing. Im also fond of it for the smaller balsa cranks as it casted those well and seems like it will be a good rod choice for the small crankbait crowd as well that throw a lot of balsa ( no weight transfer system baits). I have the rod paired with a aldebaren mgl 7;1 ratio and the balance is right in front of the locking nut on the rod so the balance is very good on this stick with a lighter reel.

on the rod handle shimano has. Fast Moving & BIG/ 1610M-G

take it they intended it for some moving baits but i dont know what the (BIG) notation means?
Sounds like a nice stick.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:47 pm

yeah really like how light and nimble it is caught two today on it about 2 lbs each. i used a vision 110 and the rod does have some sneaky power with it which is awesome. honestly it is a good jerkbait stick if you are already using crankbait type tapers to jerkbait with. I did notice you can keep the jerkbait in an area longer without the taper of the rod moving the bait too much. Now im curious about the 7'4 hvy that was the only one that didnt get released just yet or it sold out really fast.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:51 pm

yeah really like how light and nimble it is caught two today on it about 2 lbs each. i used a vision 110 and the rod does have some sneaky power with it which is awesome. honestly it is a good jerkbait stick if you are already using crankbait type tapers to jerkbait with. I did notice you can keep the jerkbait in an area longer without the taper of the rod moving the bait too much. Now im curious about the 7'4 hvy that was the only one that didnt get released just yet or it sold out really fast.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Anyone with feedback on the 72M Regular taper? Handle length?, which I hope is 15". Looking to pick up a rod for double duty, vision 110 and jigging lipless cranks. Currently have X4 RattleViper and Expride 68ml glass looking for something slightly longer.