'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Slevins
Angler
Angler
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 am

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Slevins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 am

guys, i am now choosing between steez CT and previous model (SLP semiorder with 1012 spool) and will appreciate if you will help me to make the right choice.

what is the maximum comfortable weight without damage to durability for CT version with gear ratio 8.1:1?
was looking for all-in-one reel from lowest minimum weight, i would say starting from 2-3 grams and up to 5/6oz-1oz jigs/fast spoons mostly with braided line.
from my perspective new 8.1 steez will not handle maximum weights due to extremely small main gear cugs.
does new version provides extremely new experience and comfort with lighter lures compared to its oldest brother with 34mm lighter tuning spools (1012 or another versions)?
As of now (reading a lot of info from forums and reviews from youtube) i do not see huge advantage between previous version and new besides comfortable work with lighter lures. I read that older brother can work starting from 3-5 grams when new one with tuning spools from 2 grams.
btw, if someone had experience how previous steez works with 1012 spool and what is minimum comfortable weights for it?
But does it worth to make out of SV reel BFS reel? i believe it will never become ultimate BFS reel due to its bearing and spool itself and it needs too many efforts to make it truly ultimate BFS considering its starting cost.
and from my perspective the best way to work in UL space is to buy air/bfs reel for comfortable work.
and this thought stops me from buying new steez - lower durability and not huge win in work with lighter lures for new version compared to loss in functionality?

as far as i understand daiwa made great CT light reel with compact body but they lost in durability and functionality with heavier weights. 6.3 gear ratio have so low winding length and i even cant understand where it might be useful when 8.1 gear winding length looks good but how long it will live working with heavier weights 1/2oz and higher?

if someone had experience with 6.3 and 7.1 gear ratio versions of previous steez and how good they work with heavy stuff will appreciate your advise.

thank you all in advance

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Winstondry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:03 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 pm
Kahen Style...

rsz_oj.jpg

rsz_shabang (1).jpg

After a long (fishless) vacation, I arrive home to a bevy of goodies. Good news is, the KTF 30mm spool for Alphas/Millionare works amazing in the Steez CT SV and might be the preffered choice if your planning on swinging middle weight lures. (5-12 grams).
Keep in mind Emperor Sawa designed the Steez 30mm spool for pitching or full casting 2-3 gram lures. The extra .5mm shim in the 30MM A/M spool seems to bring the right amount of control if your using more than 5 grams. That's my initial impression anyway.

I was able to get +/- 55 meters of the Varivas 1.5 PE (.205mm) on the spool, with some room to spare. Add a 5 ft leader of Tripleten mono and an IXI Shad, strap it to a Oltre 6'7M..pure evil :evil1:
Wow, that looks great, Rick!

User avatar
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Townsville , Queensland , Australia

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Slevins wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 am
guys, i am now choosing between steez CT and previous model (SLP semiorder with 1012 spool) and will appreciate if you will help me to make the right choice.

what is the maximum comfortable weight without damage to durability for CT version with gear ratio 8.1:1?
was looking for all-in-one reel from lowest minimum weight, i would say starting from 2-3 grams and up to 5/6oz-1oz jigs/fast spoons mostly with braided line.
from my perspective new 8.1 steez will not handle maximum weights due to extremely small main gear cugs.
does new version provides extremely new experience and comfort with lighter lures compared to its oldest brother with 34mm lighter tuning spools (1012 or another versions)?
As of now (reading a lot of info from forums and reviews from youtube) i do not see huge advantage between previous version and new besides comfortable work with lighter lures. I read that older brother can work starting from 3-5 grams when new one with tuning spools from 2 grams.
btw, if someone had experience how previous steez works with 1012 spool and what is minimum comfortable weights for it?
But does it worth to make out of SV reel BFS reel? i believe it will never become ultimate BFS reel due to its bearing and spool itself and it needs too many efforts to make it truly ultimate BFS considering its starting cost.
and from my perspective the best way to work in UL space is to buy air/bfs reel for comfortable work.
and this thought stops me from buying new steez - lower durability and not huge win in work with lighter lures for new version compared to loss in functionality?

as far as i understand daiwa made great CT light reel with compact body but they lost in durability and functionality with heavier weights. 6.3 gear ratio have so low winding length and i even cant understand where it might be useful when 8.1 gear winding length looks good but how long it will live working with heavier weights 1/2oz and higher?

if someone had experience with 6.3 and 7.1 gear ratio versions of previous steez and how good they work with heavy stuff will appreciate your advise.

thank you all in advance
I have had a Steez CT in for servicing an the gear cut is the same as the steez A the only major difference between steez a and ct gears is the drag pressure plate is thinner and the ring for the clicker in the gear is a bit thinner in the ct for a slightly closer side plate. I don't see an issue with the Steez CT being able to handle up to 1 ounce but 8.1:1 gears don't have enough torque for larger lures or those with a bit of resistance like deep divers. For heavy stuff the Steez A really shines with its original spool , personally I don't like the higher ratios and stick with the 6.3:1 gears for most of my reel. I do have a SLP Steez SV and have put the 1012G1 SV spool in it and I comfortably cast down to 5 grams on the right rod, the heaviest I use it for is up to 3/4 ounce but probably could go higher but I use it on a medium power rod.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Diy spools are now available on aliexpress for CT Daiwas - or at least they have been for sale today. Only a few available - and now only purple color left.

Weight is 4.2 g without bearing...

User avatar
MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Location: Finland

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Wondering, when this or Alphas CT is reviewed?!

Absolutely lovely reel indeed!

Image
Image

abbor
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by abbor » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:29 am

Due to the winter I've not been able to test my Ray's spool before now. Steez CT with the Ray's spool is by far the best I've used for casting the 2.0g crankbait I'm using for testing BFS. I also have a Roro spool with fixed inductor, the Roro spool is only 6.0g with line. For the 2.0g crankbait I prefer the heavier Ray's spool (7.9g without line) with movable inductor. With the Roro spool I prefer a softer rod with deeper action, with the Ray's spool I prefer a stiffer and faster rod. With fixed inductors I prefer rods with similar action to what I do with Classic Ambassadeur reels of different sizes, for Daiwa reels with movable inductors I prefer stiffer and faster rods.

I don't see any need for buying Steez CT Air, the CT SV with Ray's or Roro spools are excellent for 2.0g which normally is the lightest I use and will also be able to handle 1.0g. If I'm going to buy another reel this season it will be a second CT SV.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by CheezusCrust » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 pm

I would love to own a CT SV but I fish a ball head jig in 1/4 ounce with a 4in easy shiner and I dont see the CT SV casting farther than my current Steez A and SV TW

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 5151
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:20 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 pm
I would love to own a CT SV but I fish a ball head jig in 1/4 ounce with a 4in easy shiner and I dont see the CT SV casting farther than my current Steez A and SV TW
Don't knock it til you you've tried it. It's the finest casting, smoothest reel I've ever tried, and I have owned a Steez A and currently own 2 Steez SV TW.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

dee
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by dee » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Been lurking around for years, this is my first post.

Might be a stupid question.. but I sincerely couldn't figure it out.
How do you remove the pawl on steez ct line guide?

User avatar
NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 am

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by NYBASSIN » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:35 am

What are the spool bearing sizes for the CT? Want to have a set ready when my reel gets here but can’t find this info anywhere.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 am


User avatar
NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 am

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by NYBASSIN » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:51 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 am
You need a pair of 3X10X4mm. https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/566
Great, thank you

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1569
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by Gone Phishin » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am

dee wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:43 pm
Hi Guys,

Been lurking around for years, this is my first post.

Might be a stupid question.. but I sincerely couldn't figure it out.
How do you remove the pawl on steez ct line guide?
You may be better off asking in the maintenance forum.

Welcome aboard! :welc:

SAGISI CUST0MS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by SAGISI CUST0MS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm

dee wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:43 pm
Hi Guys,

Been lurking around for years, this is my first post.

Might be a stupid question.. but I sincerely couldn't figure it out.
How do you remove the pawl on steez ct line guide?
Remove the oring and under it is a pin that can slide out. The pawl comes right out.

SAGISI CUST0MS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by SAGISI CUST0MS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Sneak peek of my ito inspired Steez CT. Auto paint on sideplate/ gear cover and Satin Alum cerakote main frame.

Image

Image

Post Reply