Taking Some Time with a Jr. Clone by Skinny Bear Baits

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Introduction: Lures of legend, secret baits, discontinued collectibles, the bass fishing world is full of them. If you've paid any type of attention to the past time, you're likely aware of "that" lure or a few of them that used to catch fish like crazy, or are responsible for x amount of winnings, yet for some unknown reason is no longer available. Even more common, is the situation where the lure still available but not in that color or something has changed. Like when Megabass's Vision OneTen started looking down at the competition instead of straight, or when a certain speedy little crank changed country of origin from Mexico to USA or other parts. Perhaps one of the more famous lost lures of lore in recent memory is the Wiggle Wart. Why can't Storm just reproduce that magical little cranking bug so many anglers covet?

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewskinnyb ... crank.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Taking Some Time with a Jr. Clone by Skinny Bear Baits

Post by mark poulson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:22 pm

I'm glad you did this review. Back in '05, when the Specialty baits came out, I bought three, and then put them aside because Lucky Craft has some awesome baits that I began throwing on a regular basis.
I just rediscovered them in an old plano, and I'll take them for a swim soon.
Thank you.

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Taking Some Time with a Jr. Clone by Skinny Bear Baits

Post by Good351 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Nice timing!
Going through some gear boxes I found my old stock :) Going to get a couple of the new version and give them a shot this summer!