Steez AGS casting rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Steez AGS casting rods

Post by JigginOG » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:47 pm

X-Fast tip on 7’1”Mh AGS
Attachments
17248B08-BEF3-4089-BE91-D1E2506BCD3A.jpeg
17248B08-BEF3-4089-BE91-D1E2506BCD3A.jpeg (113.38 KiB) Viewed 6780 times

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:06 pm

JigginOG wrote:X-Fast tip on 7’1”Mh AGS
Thank you! 8-)

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Owned the 7'1" MH X-fast. The rod was nice, but I returned it. It wasn't NRX or even close to GLX...honestly my Exprides were more sensitive. Great, great rod, but if you're getting it for bottom bouncing techniques just go with a Loomis or an Expride if you want to save some coin.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 am

Samuel_b wrote:Owned the 7'1" MH X-fast. The rod was nice, but I returned it. It wasn't NRX or even close to GLX...honestly my Exprides were more sensitive. Great, great rod, but if you're getting it for bottom bouncing techniques just go with a Loomis or an Expride if you want to save some coin.
Appreciate the honesty

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Obz wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:Owned the 7'1" MH X-fast. The rod was nice, but I returned it. It wasn't NRX or even close to GLX...honestly my Exprides were more sensitive. Great, great rod, but if you're getting it for bottom bouncing techniques just go with a Loomis or an Expride if you want to save some coin.
Appreciate the honesty
7'1" MH X-fast just arrived. It's pretty damn light, and balances at the forenut with a Metanium \:D/ . Looks are pretty muted. Won't be able to feel the sensitivity until ice out. Hopefully more sensitive than my Adrena 172h, Glx 853 and SC elite.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:31 pm

FishNrace wrote:
Obz wrote:
Appreciate the honesty
7'1" MH X-fast just arrived. It's pretty damn light, and balances at the forenut with a Metanium \:D/ . Looks are pretty muted. Won't be able to feel the sensitivity until ice out. Hopefully more sensitive than my Adrena 172h, Glx 853 and SC elite.
I'm excited to hear what you think my friend. :)

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:11 pm

FishNrace wrote:
Obz wrote:
Appreciate the honesty
How do you like that 172h Adrena? If it’s a one piece I’m looking for one. My Exprides are nice

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
FishNrace wrote:
Obz wrote:
Appreciate the honesty
How do you like that 172h Adrena? If it’s a one piece I’m looking for one. My Exprides are nice
I have the previous gen Adrena 172h, not the new one released in Japan last year. It's a 2 piece with the blank goin into the handle portion. I would say the sensitivity is just "OK", and i was expecting more lol. The mod-fast jdm tip is special though, making it a versatile rod to throw quite a few baits, besides just a jig. After fishing hard 2 adrenas, and selling 1, this is the reason i passed on the Expride line-up.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 am

FishNrace wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
FishNrace wrote:
Obz wrote:
Appreciate the honesty
I have the previous gen Adrena 172h, not the new one released in Japan last year. It's a 2 piece with the blank goin into the handle portion. I would say the sensitivity is just "OK", and i was expecting more lol. The mod-fast jdm tip is special though, making it a versatile rod to throw quite a few baits, besides just a jig. After fishing hard 2 adrenas, and selling 1, this is the reason i passed on the Expride line-up.
Thanks for the info. I’m not wowed by my Expride’s feel, it’s quite a ways from NRX, but is the closest I’ve come to NRX feel for under $400 and is much lighter than MB

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm

bringing this back

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:31 am

Great Rods about all i fish

I've got

76 m-ml
71 mh
72 mh rb
74 xh
79 xh
75 bc

if you have specific questions please let me know

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am

I am in the market for a new punching rod. How is the 7'9" xh as far as handling a 1oz weight and some Lilly pads? Any experiences good or bad? I will definitely be using braid on it.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am

Jeep wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am
I am in the market for a new punching rod. How is the 7'9" xh as far as handling a 1oz weight and some Lilly pads? Any experiences good or bad? I will definitely be using braid on it.
It handles 1oz just fine

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:53 pm

bbates3 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am
Jeep wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am
It handles 1oz just fine
Ok thanks for the feedback.