Olympic Vigore

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
kyty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Olympic Vigore

Post by kyty » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:26 am

It's hung up in Japan for now.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:21 pm

I know a lot of people are curious about the 71H. I have one one the way with a few other surprises. I’ll post some info next week.

CReel83
Angler
Angler

Post by CReel83 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 am

domthewon wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:21 pm
I know a lot of people are curious about the 71H. I have one one the way with a few other surprises. I’ll post some info next week.
I can't wait to read your review \:D/

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:08 pm

CReel83 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 am
domthewon wrote:
I'm am eager to see how it compares to its higher end big brother the Super Stallion.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 pm

domthewon wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:08 pm
CReel83 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
I'm am eager to see how it compares to its higher end big brother the Super Stallion.
my guess is it's gonna be just as good at half the price

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Chode wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 pm
domthewon wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:08 pm
CReel83 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
my guess is it's gonna be just as good at half the price
Not quite half, but I hope you’re right. The Super Stallion GT was about $650 shipped and the Olympic was about $400+ shipping. The Super Stallion GT is a hell of a rod and the only rod that has been on nearly every trip this summer, and I’ve used nearly 30 different combos during this time frame. I’ve thrown mainly hollow frogs, but also buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, mag squarebills, mid sized glide baits, jigs, dark sleepers, and horny toads with it. Power, taper, weight, balance, versatility, and comfort make it my favorite of the 3 Super Stallions I own. I bought the Stallion GT, grand cobra GT and Grand Stallion GT because I liked it so much. If it’s anywhere near as good I’ll be thoroughly impressed.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Sorry for the delay guys. We have been smoked out here in Northern California, and I’ve had things that needed to be taken care of.

The Vigore C71H arrived on Wednesday but I just got my dirty fingers on this bad boy. So first things first to answer the main question everyone was asking about the lure rating. Yes it is 1/4-1oz lure weight. This rod feels like it will handle the full weight range no problem, but I’ll have to tie some stuff on it before confirming that.

It is a great looking rod. Simple but sharp looking with the carbon fiber accents and weave running about half way up the blank. Like another member mentioned it’s nice buying a JDM rod that is actually handmade in Japan instead of claiming to be JDM, but have made in China stickers on it. It was very well put together and a clean build. The guides are aligned and the epoxy was done well.

I ran some line through it and gave the taper a test, and it is pretty impressive. It’s nice and powerful with a nice US style fast taper. Doing the same with my Super Stallion GT right after I could tell that the tapers were a little different. The SS GT has a fast taper but it’s somewhat more progressive and deeper bending. The weave runs all the way to the tip of the SS while changing material about half way up the Vigore. Also the two weaves are noticeably different. I’m sure this has something to do with the characteristics of the two blanks. The V71H feels like it will make a really nice heavy powered jig rod.

These are just some primary reactions to handling this rod. I will come back with some more info after I actually do some testing. I have a handful of reels laying around so I will figure out which one I feel like putting on it and tie some baits on. Here are a couple pics til next time.
E7701DF1-A308-41A6-9106-57628908C8C6.jpeg
E7701DF1-A308-41A6-9106-57628908C8C6.jpeg (148.39 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
C01F7CEB-2208-4CDF-871A-A7E1164DCEA5.jpeg
C01F7CEB-2208-4CDF-871A-A7E1164DCEA5.jpeg (81.18 KiB) Viewed 6304 times

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm

domthewon wrote:
I was waiting for what the other surprises were... :roll:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:42 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:33 pm
Sorry for the delay guys. We have been smoked out here in Northern California, and I’ve had things that needed to be taken care of.

The Vigore C71H arrived on Wednesday but I just got my dirty fingers on this bad boy. So first things first to answer the main question everyone was asking about the lure rating. Yes it is 1/4-1oz lure weight. This rod feels like it will handle the full weight range no problem, but I’ll have to tie some stuff on it before confirming that.

It is a great looking rod. Simple but sharp looking with the carbon fiber accents and weave running about half way up the blank. Like another member mentioned it’s nice buying a JDM rod that is actually handmade in Japan instead of claiming to be JDM, but have made in China stickers on it. It was very well put together and a clean build. The guides are aligned and the epoxy was done well.

I ran some line through it and gave the taper a test, and it is pretty impressive. It’s nice and powerful with a nice US style fast taper. Doing the same with my Super Stallion GT right after I could tell that the tapers were a little different. The SS GT has a fast taper but it’s somewhat more progressive and deeper bending. The weave runs all the way to the tip of the SS while changing material about half way up the Vigore. Also the two weaves are noticeably different. I’m sure this has something to do with the characteristics of the two blanks. The V71H feels like it will make a really nice heavy powered jig rod.

These are just some primary reactions to handling this rod. I will come back with some more info after I actually do some testing. I have a handful of reels laying around so I will figure out which one I feel like putting on it and tie some baits on. Here are a couple pics til next time.

u mind putting a reel on and post pics of the balancing point? much much appreciated

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Chode wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:42 pm
domthewon wrote:

u mind putting a reel on and post pics of the balancing point? much much appreciated
Dom,

Make me a sandwich while your at it. :lol:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm
domthewon wrote:
I was waiting for what the other surprises were... :roll:
:lol:
Sorry to disappoint buddy. Actually one of the rods I ordered wasn’t available yet due to limited stock and he isn’t sure when it will show up. I didn’t feel like waiting til he got word so I just had him ship me two Vigore 71H. It is my fishing partners B day next week so the second Vigore was really a surprise for him. I took my rod out sealed the tube back up and dropped it off at his door a little while ago. He was definitely not expecting a new rod and was very thankful. I also grabbed a 19 conquest 201 DC, and a bunch of brand new baits from a different vendor. I also got a bunch of DRT swimbaits which is always cool.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:18 pm

Chode wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Will do. I’ll also take a few taper pics because it’s pretty sweet.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:04 pm
Chode wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Dom,

I got you bro! :big grin:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:04 pm
Chode wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Dom,

no that's ur job :lol:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:28 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:18 pm
Chode wrote:
domthewon wrote:

Will do. I’ll also take a few taper pics because it’s pretty sweet.
\:D/ thx a lot man. i know it can be a hasstle at times doing that kinda stuff but it's really appreciated on my end