More new Tatula models...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: More new Tatula models...

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the Tatulas for the most part. I'm annoyed that they don't all have the free floating style spools for maximum compatibility, but outside of that they are fine for the price. I don't get the rereleasing of the exact same reel with different paint so many times though.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:45 am
E73Bass wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am
E73Bass wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:23 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:22 pm
If I recall, people had the same sentiment about the Zillion after they discontinued the TD-Z ... :whistle:
Yea just waiting on some other ratio versions of the Zillion 10 Like Zillion 7 (7.1:1) Zillion 6 (6.3:1)
That will be my next purchase.

Anyone hear of 2021 releases ?
Anyone hear of what’s coming from Daiwa in 2021?

A revised tribal spider, and each Tatula comes with a round of Jager bombs and a bottle of Drakkar Noir.
:lol:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:27 am

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:45 am
E73Bass wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am
E73Bass wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
If I recall, people had the same sentiment about the Zillion after they discontinued the TD-Z ... :whistle:
Yea just waiting on some other ratio versions of the Zillion 10 Like Zillion 7 (7.1:1) Zillion 6 (6.3:1)

Anyone hear of what’s coming from Daiwa in 2021?

A revised tribal spider, and each Tatula comes with a round of Jager bombs and a bottle of Drakkar Noir.
Drakkar Noir??? You keep that next to your Walkman with DePeche Mode’s greatest hits?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 am

The whole "Tatula" thing is definitely getting old, no doubt.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:54 am

E73Bass wrote:
Johnny A wrote:

Dont get this.....there is already a Zillion 6, a Zillion 7, a Zillion 8 and a Zillion 9. Those are just the Zillion SV TW in those ratios. Aside from paint and the 10 gear ratio, there's zero difference between the Zillion 10 and those other Zillion SV TW models.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:54 am
E73Bass wrote:
Johnny A wrote:

Dont get this.....there is already a Zillion 6, a Zillion 7, a Zillion 8 and a Zillion 9. Those are just the Zillion SV TW in those ratios. Aside from paint and the 10 gear ratio, there's zero difference between the Zillion 10 and those other Zillion SV TW models.

Really...? C’mon the 10 is a totally redesigned palming side plate.

Additional upgrades like G1 SV spool, aluminum spool holder, metal star drag, metal main shaft post cover, new slim knobs and new palming side plate.

There is not a zillion 8,9,7,6 in the redesigned 2020 SV configuration ... not to be confused with the non SV HD version...stay tuned for February

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:35 pm

The Zillion 10 is built on the exact same frame as the Zillion SV TW. I have had both on my bench at the same time. Everything swaps, as they are virtually identical.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:33 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:35 pm
The Zillion 10 is built on the exact same frame as the Zillion SV TW. I have had both on my bench at the same time. Everything swaps, as they are virtually identical.
Everything swaps?

So gonna buy Z-10 palming side plates to swap out on my Zillion SV’s 7.1:1 and 6.3:1.

The Zillion 10 is a updated 2020 redesigned version of the 2016 release ...Metal drag star,metal main shaft post cover not sure what the miss is here, but now you are just being argumentative!

The frames may be the same, but by your logic...Daiwa did not need to bring out the Steez SV-A. Or replace the TDZ with the OG Zillion.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm

E73Bass wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:33 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Everything swaps?

So gonna buy Z-10 palming side plates to swap out on my Zillion SV’s 7.1:1 and 6.3:1.

The Zillion 10 is a updated 2020 redesigned version of the 2016 release ...Metal drag star, metal main shaft post cover not sure what the miss is here, but now you are just being argumentative!

The frames may be the same, but by your logic...Daiwa did not need to bring out the Steez SV-A. Or replace the TDZ with the OG Zillion.
I didn't argue at all. I just pointed out that the Zillion 10 is a tweak of an existing platform that shares the frame and almost every other part with the Zillion SV TW. Arguing is quite a bit different than stating fact. The Zillion 10 is a nice evolution of the Zillion SV TW, but NOT a new reel. The palm plate is the biggest difference between them, and even that is purely cosmetic(though more comfortable to palm). Knobs? One could argue that they offer more or less functional grip, but that is subjective and personal preference, at best. The spool is unchanged-I weighed both and they are the same, with the same rotor extension and the same at-rest rotor position. The springs also seem to be identical, though I have no way to quantify spring compression rates.
As far as the OG Zillion vs. TDZ, the OG Zillion wasn't a replacement for the TDZ, as those are completely different reels, except that the palm plates are interchangeable from the Zillion to the TDZ 100M.
The Steez A is a different reel than the Steez SV TW, as well. It is similar, but the frames don't allow many parts to swap because of the different tolerances in different places, not to mention the Steez A is aluminum and the Steez SV TW is magnesium.
And no, the palm plate won't swap from the Zillion 10 to the existing Zillion SV TW, because of the latch mechanism change. I actually do agree with you on one point though they truly should bring those updates to the Zillion SV TW. It's a great reel that could be made even better.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm
E73Bass wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Everything swaps?

The Zillion 10 is a updated 2020 redesigned version of the 2016 release ...Metal drag star, metal main shaft post cover not sure what the miss is here, but now you are just being argumentative!

I didn't argue at all. I just pointed out that the Zillion 10 is a tweak of an existing platform that shares the frame and almost every other part with the Zillion SV TW. Arguing is quite a bit different than stating fact. The Zillion 10 is a nice evolution of the Zillion SV TW, but NOT a new reel. The palm plate is the biggest difference between them, and even that is purely cosmetic(though more comfortable to palm). Knobs? One could argue that they offer more or less functional grip, but that is subjective and personal preference, at best. The spool is unchanged-I weighed both and they are the same, with the same rotor extension and the same at-rest rotor position. The springs also seem to be identical, though I have no way to quantify spring compression rates.
As far as the OG Zillion vs. TDZ, the OG Zillion wasn't a replacement for the TDZ, as those are completely different reels, except that the palm plates are interchangeable from the Zillion to the TDZ 100M.
The Steez A is a different reel than the Steez SV TW, as well. It is similar, but the frames don't allow many parts to swap because of the different tolerances in different places, not to mention the Steez A is aluminum and the Steez SV TW is magnesium.
And no, the palm plate won't swap from the Zillion 10 to the existing Zillion SV TW, because of the latch mechanism change. I actually do agree with you on one point though they truly should being those updates to the Zillion SV TW. It's a great reel that could be made even better.
After all that “election year type speak”.

I go back to your original reply above to my inquiry ^^^.
With your reply:

“ Dont get this.....there is already a Zillion 6, a Zillion 7, a Zillion 8 and a Zillion 9. Those are just the Zillion SV TW in those ratios. Aside from paint and the 10 gear ratio, there's zero difference between the Zillion 10 and those other Zillion SV TW models.”

Emphasis on “Zero Difference”

You now just went thru all the differences, but advised swaps ?

I will let the other TT members decide.

Be a man and show you have earned your status as a TT moderator and take a deep breath and maybe rescind your original “zero difference” remark.

Or just keep your SV TW’s and leave the new ratio versions of the Zillion 10 design alone when released.

And I will keep my ‘16 SV-TW’s and add the new ‘10 design.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 am

E73Bass wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm
E73Bass wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Everything swaps?

And no, the palm plate won't swap from the Zillion 10 to the existing Zillion SV TW, because of the latch mechanism change. I actually do agree with you on one point though they truly should being those updates to the Zillion SV TW. It's a great reel that could be made even better.
After all that “election year type speak”.

I go back to your original reply above to my inquiry ^^^.
With your reply:

“ Dont get this.....there is already a Zillion 6, a Zillion 7, a Zillion 8 and a Zillion 9. Those are just the Zillion SV TW in those ratios. Aside from paint and the 10 gear ratio, there's zero difference between the Zillion 10 and those other Zillion SV TW models.”

Emphasis on “Zero Difference”

You now just went thru all the differences, but advised swaps ?

I will let the other TT members decide.

Be a man and show you have earned your status as a TT moderator and take a deep breath and maybe rescind your original “zero difference” remark.

Or just keep your SV TW’s and leave the new ratio versions of the Zillion 10 design alone when released.

And I will keep my ‘16 SV-TW’s and add the new ‘10 design.
If you make this statement in your above closing remark: on
“ I actually do agree with you on one point though they truly should being those updates to the Zillion SV TW. It's a great reel that could be made even better.”

Why not just scroll past my original inquiry instead of the “don’t get this.... zero difference” remark ?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:38 am

I also further explained that the only differences were cosmetic. The "zero difference" was directed towards the functionality and frame of the reel, meaning that it isn't a new model, just minute refinements. This was for the benefit of many people who haven't held both reels and might misunderstand, thinking that the Zillion 10 is a completely new reel. It was for the benefit of those, not an attempt to argue with or personally attack you. And I also agree with you on one other point-let TT decide what I meant, instead of you explaining what I meant to them.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:38 am
I also further explained that the only differences were cosmetic. The "zero difference" was directed towards the functionality and frame of the reel, meaning that it isn't a new model, just minute refinements. This was for the benefit of many people who haven't held both reels and might misunderstand, thinking that the Zillion 10 is a completely new reel. It was for the benefit of those, not an attempt to argue with or personally attack you. And I also agree with you on one other point-let TT decide what I meant, instead of you explaining what I meant to them.

“Zero Difference” is what your very first remark was...
When I showed there was 1 and 2 and 3 differences... then rather then concede that you were wrong with the “zero difference”... you went the “same frame” route.

Give up bud...you were 6 years late to the more respectable TT crowd; back when we learned to admit when we were wrong.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 am

You both sound like a bickering couple.

I suspect the gears from first iteration will swap into the Zillion 10 for those that want slower gear ratios but the other new updates.

DaveJ

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:56 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 am
You both sound like a bickering couple.

I suspect the gears from first iteration will swap into the Zillion 10 for those that want slower gear ratios but the other new updates.

DaveJ
Agreed... but that was not the point of my inquiry...