Season of Giving

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Season of Giving

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:42 pm

With the "Season of Giving" coming up I have been wondering what I will get for my son who is pretty good with a stick.
What are you getting your fishing partner?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Season of Giving

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:35 pm

I have some fishing buddies that will get some of my excess tackle - mostly unused.
This month, I will donate tackle to a local charity/foundation. I have done so once before. This time to a foundation that gets underpriviliged children out fishing...

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:01 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:35 pm
I have some fishing buddies that will get some of my excess tackle - mostly unused.
This month, I will donate tackle to a local charity/foundation. I have done so once before. This time to a foundation that gets underpriviliged children out fishing...
That's awesome! Would you be able to share the name of the foundation? In the past I have donated to https://www.fishingoutreachprogram.com/ and have wanted to find others that I could potentially contribute to.

As for my fishing buddies, I was thinking of giving them the cold shoulder so I can finally fish in some peace and quiet :lol:

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Haha, yes, well the charity is in Denmark. Børnenes Lystfiskerakademi. The guy was willing to drive to my place for pickup, for me to avoid shipping several rods, landing nets etc, but I doubt he the US is on his agenda :-)

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am

I'm not big on Christmas as I work retail - you get a real itch to get past this time of year as quickly as possible.

But I bought myself a boat for the creeks and Broadwater here, been 12 years since my first tub. Decking it all out with the Railblaza trappings and just bought myself a (June build) 2020 Minn Kota RT55SP - took its sweet time from the States. But it's going on next week - should be on the water by December to avoid the chaotic Christmas time on the water.
IMG_20201109_192659.jpg
IMG_20201109_192659.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
Whatever you end up doing, it pays to think of those less fortunate than yourselves - pay it forward.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:19 am

Slazmo wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 am
I'm not big on Christmas as I work retail - you get a real itch to get past this time of year as quickly as possible.

But I bought myself a boat for the creeks and Broadwater here, been 12 years since my first tub. Decking it all out with the Railblaza trappings and just bought myself a (June build) 2020 Minn Kota RT55SP - took its sweet time from the States. But it's going on next week - should be on the water by December to avoid the chaotic Christmas time on the water.

IMG_20201109_192659.jpg

Whatever you end up doing, it pays to think of those less fortunate than yourselves - pay it forward.
Neat boat, like the deep draft.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm
Haha, yes, well the charity is in Denmark. Børnenes Lystfiskerakademi. The guy was willing to drive to my place for pickup, for me to avoid shipping several rods, landing nets etc, but I doubt he the US is on his agenda :-)
Ah yes, Denmark to California would be a bit of a drive I imagine lol. Thanks for the info and again, good on you for supporting those kids! :D

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am

Supporting the kids is what its all about
I know a man child looking for the new antares 2020 if you are so inclined :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

But seriously, this time of year reminds me of when I would visit my uncle's house and would be in his garage rambling through his tackle box. Brings back good memories of great times. Giving is a great thing to do and who knows if the kid you give lures, gear , or just time to will be the next Jordan Lee, Brandon Palanuik or John Crews..
This year I think I will do something just not sure what as of right now.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:12 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am
... just time to will be the next Jordan Lee, Brandon Palanuik or John Crews..
I would love to give more of my time to kids who would like to come fishing. I believe it would have a much greater impact than all the tackle I give away some of which will rust in a corner.
I am doing the easy thing...... and my wife applauds that the garage looks more tidy :D