Zillion sv TW 1000

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zillion sv TW 1000

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:42 pm
Oh man!! My zillion just came in today and i could tell you guys that you wont be disappointed. Its alot smoother and better with the new zillion. I also have the previous steezs as well and i got to say, this new zillion is par with them or even better. You can really tell a difference with this new sv boost spool. Oh yeah and it has the clicking drag feature! 😁
Yes, I'm curious about the size and how it palms as well. How is the size compared to the OG and new Steez, Tdz, etc?

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:09 am

New Zillion Project t video up on YouTube. This one details the Booster system and Hyper Gear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLlscRMXlhI

Interesting new rod appears early in video, it appears to have a silver locking nut kinda shaped like the ones on the Racing Design. Could this be a new Zillion rod?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:09 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
Oh man!! My zillion just came in today and i could tell you guys that you wont be disappointed. Its alot smoother and better with the new zillion. I also have the previous steezs as well and i got to say, this new zillion is par with them or even better. You can really tell a difference with this new sv boost spool. Oh yeah and it has the clicking drag feature! 😁
Yes, I'm curious about the size and how it palms as well. How is the size compared to the OG and new Steez, Tdz, etc?
Hopefully someone can post up some pictures of a size comparison. For now I've just been watching videos from Japan and it looks narrower and maybe a little shorter than the steez sv tw limited. Looks like it palms better than the steez in the videos I've seen as well.

This video shows the reel being disassembled and at the end he holds the zillion sv tw 1000 and the steez limited and the zillion appears to be smaller and fits in his hand better. Of course I haven't held either one so I can't be certain.

https://youtu.be/puqGA-6J728

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:15 am

Also took screenshots of these images from a few other videos and it looks a lot smaller than the 2016 zillion sv tw. Much closer to the steez sv tw, steez A, or steez SV TW limited but maybe a little narrower than the steez reels.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:17 am

Fjordblue wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:30 am
Steez ltd and new zillion have different spools. Spool off ltd is lighter due to porting and slightly different braking rotor. Steez ltd spool 13 gram.zillion 13.4some grams.

All spools are interchangeable with previous platform.

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:30 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Jbc88 wrote:
Its feels and look like the steez sv tw to me. To me, i think its the previous steez platform but with their new hyperdrive and sv boost spool. I can tell that out of the box it can outcast my previous steez. For the price i would rather get this reel than the previous steez.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:04 am

daiwafan wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:09 am
New Zillion Project t video up on YouTube. This one details the Booster system and Hyper Gear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLlscRMXlhI

Interesting new rod appears early in video, it appears to have a silver locking nut kinda shaped like the ones on the Racing Design. Could this be a new Zillion rod?
Possibly US version of the new steez rods ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzn_g6NtT9Q

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:17 am

I think you are correct about that being a Steez rod.

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 am

CFDoc wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:03 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Mine just came in today and it is made in japan 😉
I did have the 20 metanium but sold it to get this one lol and i can say that you wont be disappointed with this new zillion. This new zillion is smoother and has more of a solid feel. I will be getting more of them with the lower and higher gear ratios. Also has a nice drag clicker 👍
How does it feel size wise to the Met?

I have Mets too but may get rid of them if this thing is as compact as a SLP and fixes the issues I have with the Met.
Is the drag clicker mean it clicks when line is pulled out of the reel or it clicks as your turn the drag star wheel?

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Bandersnatch wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 am
CFDoc wrote:
Jbc88 wrote:

I did have the 20 metanium but sold it to get this one lol and i can say that you wont be disappointed with this new zillion. This new zillion is smoother and has more of a solid feel. I will be getting more of them with the lower and higher gear ratios. Also has a nice drag clicker 👍

I have Mets too but may get rid of them if this thing is as compact as a SLP and fixes the issues I have with the Met.
Is the drag clicker mean it clicks when line is pulled out of the reel or it clicks as your turn the drag star wheel?
It clicks as the line is being pulled out like a spinning reel. Nice feature they put in.

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Bandersnatch wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 am
CFDoc wrote:
Jbc88 wrote:

The 20 metanium is a nice reel but i like the new zillion with their new feature and new frame more. Everyone has their own preference and since they are almost price the same, i rather go with the zillion unless you can afford both lol

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Heres a picture of my zillion:
Attachments
20201224_164029_compress32.jpg
20201224_164029_compress32.jpg (51.59 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:40 pm
Heres a picture of my zillion:
Is that on the super destroyer? If so, how's the balance
?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:02 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:09 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Jbc88 wrote:
Hopefully someone can post up some pictures of a size comparison. For now I've just been watching videos from Japan and it looks narrower and maybe a little shorter than the steez sv tw limited. Looks like it palms better than the steez in the videos I've seen as well.

This video shows the reel being disassembled and at the end he holds the zillion sv tw 1000 and the steez limited and the zillion appears to be smaller and fits in his hand better. Of course I haven't held either one so I can't be certain.

That dude is super excited. From the pictures below, the Zillion looks to be in between the Steez and Alphas size wise. I'm having a difficult time deciding which one I want.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:02 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:09 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Jbc88 wrote:

That dude is super excited. From the pictures below, the Zillion looks to be in between the Steez and Alphas size wise. I'm having a difficult time deciding which one I want.
Yeah, I think it looks like it's in between the size of those two reels. I really like the look of the steez limited but I'm worried about the paint. Someone said the paint didn't seem like it would hold up (in the steez thread) so that will keep me from buying it.

I think I want the zillion but the alphas could probably get the job done for me. I'm wanting to throw 1/4 - 1/2. If the zillion is good with that weight I'll probably get one to try the new spool.