So how are SV BOOST spools?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: So how are SV BOOST spools?

Post by Jbc88 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:51 am

Cracker wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:20 am
Jbc88 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:43 am
So 54 yards is the distance im aiming for with jerkbait and so my experience with the sv spool is that it achieved that but with the sv boost spool it surpassed that with ease. I understand everyone is going to use it differently but for my use, im satisfy with the sv boost.
Jerkbait i use is duo realis 120
Megabass ito shiner
Hope this give you guys an idea of the sv boost.
54 yards sounds as a great distance.
What line do you use? 10lb fluoro or braid?

P.S. I watched this video and from couple others Japan prostaffers, and haven't noticed any exceptional casting distance vs other reels. Wish THEREELTEST can put it against Met 2020.
So i use ygk soul 30 lb braid with steez 13 lb fluro as my lead line.
Im using the new zillion sv tw for this distance. Before this reel came out, i had the new Metanium and it can outcast my steezs which has a zpi spool and a knock off zpi spool with less braking. I can tell you that my current set up with the zillion outcast the metanium and all my previous reels.
My braking on it was set at 5 with factory spool tension.

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm glad to hear they are casting far. Does anybody have any idea if the braking profile will have compromised the consistency of skipping with the standard sv spool?

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Any difference in Zillion Boost and Steez Boost spools?
I may ( actually, I will) get one for my Megabass FX68 with 3D Magforce brake System.
Should outcast new Zillion.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Cracker wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:28 pm
I may ( actually, I will) get one for my Megabass FX68 with 3D Magforce brake System.
It might out cast the new Zillion but, it wont have Hyper Digigear, Hyper Clutch and all the other Hyper features.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:57 pm
Cracker wrote:
It might out cast the new Zillion but, it wont have Hyper Digigear, Hyper Clutch and all the other Hyper features.
As we‘ve seen in the latest copycat site teardown, your old reel automatically upgrades to hyper clutch, hyper everything once you put in the new spool :roll:
https://youtu.be/8nDRDvoFHl8

mustardgorilla
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by mustardgorilla » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:11 am

dennis_rf wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 am
As we‘ve seen in the latest copycat site teardown, your old reel automatically upgrades to hyper clutch, hyper everything once you put in the new spool :roll:
What makes his analysis wrong or deserving of the copycat label?

Other than a spring and spacer/washer in the spool and main gear (ratio difference) the parts are identical (down to the part numbers). If two reels contain items sharing the same part number they're interchangeable - correct?

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:34 am

dennis_rf wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Cracker wrote:
I am also curious what is wrong with that video?

Unless it is doctored to the bare bones it is a good teardown especially useful for those who have more limited funds.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 am

How is copycat site a copycat? Maybe he just worded the post wrong. copycat site is a big help and without doubt the best on YouTube for breaking down reels. The other channel I know of weighs spools and gives good info but threatened to block me over talking theology in the comments. I still smiled and never bad mouthed him.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am

mustardgorilla wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:11 am
Just to clarify, the powers that be here on TT coded it so every time anyone types out the name of that youtube channel, it automatically converts it to "copycat site."

As it was explained to me in previous posts, since TT originated tackle reviews on the internet, anyone else reviewing tackle on the www is therefore copying TT. Someone feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am

mustardgorilla wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:11 am
dennis_rf wrote:

Other than a spring and spacer/washer in the spool and main gear (ratio difference) the parts are identical (down to the part numbers). If two reels contain items sharing the same part number they're interchangeable - correct?
Cal word filtered the name to copycat. It's a thing message boards can do.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:54 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 am
How is copycat site a copycat? Maybe he just worded the post wrong. copycat site is a big help and without doubt the best on YouTube for breaking down reels. The other channel I know of weighs spools and gives good info but threatened to block me over talking theology in the comments. I still smiled and never bad mouthed him.
let me guess, that other channel is the reel test. you're lucky he didn't talk about your mom as soon as he's offended :laugh1:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:02 pm

dennis_rf wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Cracker wrote:
That is to be expected. The last one was a limited paint finish Steez with a new 105 spool. I don't know why he assumed it would be anything other then a limited run unique paint finish Steez with a new spool.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:25 pm

I don't know why he assumed it would be anything other then a limited run unique paint finish Steez with a new spool.
Maybe because it is advertised as something else and all the new cool symbols on the box.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 pm

rando wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:25 pm
I don't know why he assumed it would be anything other then a limited run unique paint finish Steez with a new spool.
Maybe because it is advertised as something else and all the new cool symbols on the box.
Never fall for the marketing crap ANY company puts out. Never take anything that says "hyper" that much at face value. I've seen Daiwa rebrands of Chinese manufactured reels calling Chinease dual brakes "Magforce 3D Break System. Its a real thing Daiwa did with their Sportline chineasium rebadge reels. They call them Daiwas in some markets.
Attachments
HTB1vjhOCnJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaQ.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
HTB1vjhOCnJYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaQ.jpg_640x640q90.jpg (64.28 KiB) Viewed 4725 times

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:42 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:02 pm
dennis_rf wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Cracker wrote:
That is to be expected. The last one was a limited paint finish Steez with a new 105 spool. I don't know why he assumed it would be anything other then a limited run unique paint finish Steez with a new spool.
While this is true, Daiwa did spam the HYPER on the back of the box, so you might think the gears/other parts are new.