Steez ltd sv tw

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez ltd sv tw

Post by CFDoc » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Umm, Daiwa...wtf?

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:32 am

Yeah I expected more. I wish they offered color options. How many of these will they make?

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:26 am

CFDoc wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:20 pm
Umm, Daiwa...wtf?
Hahahahyper =D>

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am

I just swapped out the sv boost spool and put it in my steez a. Just buy the sv boost spool when its available unless your a collector enthusiasts.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm

It really is funny how they didn't even bother giving you a nice carbon handle for that price.

I was laughing at Shimano for naming every part of their reel as a feature, but now Daiwa does it as well. I would expect a noname chinese reel to do something of the sort, not Daiwa.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am
I just swapped out the sv boost spool and put it in my steez a. Just buy the sv boost spool when its available unless your a collector enthusiasts.
Yes I agree. You should only buy the very expensive limited Steez with a non durable paint finish if you are a collector. I learned this with the last Steez LTD. I've never fished mine for fear of the paint coming off and it is still being "collected" to this day.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:53 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:54 pm
For what it's worth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nDRDvoFHl8
Good video; thanks for posting. He certainly makes breaking down reels look easy. I’m all thumbs; on the floor on my knees with a flashlight looking for springs...For what it’s worth, feels like the sv tw with an easier casting spool. Not for nothing; but it casts great.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Not exactly sure what’s good about the video, all i hear is “maybe, i don’t know, i guess”, hence his first impressions without any concrete facts.

Dude knocks the reel without even taking it out on the water, throws nothing but shade, and the spool which he probably bent on the table lol, i digress, and everyone eats out of his hand saying “Diawa” sucks!?

The spool is different, it’s my understanding the set plate, handle side plate, and gear/pinion are also different from the previous Steez model.

Unless i’m 100% certain, i won’t go knocking a company based on simple assumptions, especially when having an audience.

There was once a time when the greats were on here, and I’m not talking bout Scooby Dooby Spew, the true OG’s lol, when they would call you out on this kinda BS lolol.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm
Not exactly sure what’s good about the video, all i hear is “maybe, i don’t know, i guess”, hence his first impressions without any concrete facts.

Dude knocks the reel without even taking it out on the water, throws nothing but shade, and the spool which he probably bent on the table lol, i digress, and everyone eats out of his hand saying “Diawa” sucks!?

The spool is different, it’s my understanding the set plate, handle side plate, and gear/pinion are also different from the previous Steez model.

Unless i’m 100% certain, i won’t go knocking a company based on simple assumptions, especially when having an audience.

There was once a time when the greats were on here, and I’m not talking bout Scooby Dooby Spew, the true OG’s lol, when they would call you out on this kinda BS lolol.
We must of watched different videos.

He took the two reels down part by part. Noticed they were both the same except for the stiffer spring in the SV boost spool. Then even checked part numbers on things that were supposed to be ‘hyper’ improved only to find they were the same part numbers in the non ‘hyper’ reel.

Pretty simple to digest.

It’s 100% marketing BS from Daiwa. How is there even a debate on this?

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:09 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 pm
389Maverick wrote:

He took the two reels down part by part. Noticed they were both the same except for the stiffer spring in the SV boost spool. Then even checked part numbers on things that were supposed to be ‘hyper’ improved only to find they were the same part numbers in the non ‘hyper’ reel.

Pretty simple to digest.

I'm just not understanding why someone would purchase a 600$ Limited reel, without doing any research first and foremost, expecting some kind of ground breaking technology that will revolutionize the Steez platform, and then wish he would have saved said 6 bills....was it about generating views on his channel, to each their own I guess.

That being said, goes in the comments, and drags out this drama, cause the man is still salty bout getting banned on here, and I quote;

Compare this video to the Marketing Wanks at Tackle Tour and their shilly write up.....remember this....They had all the time in the world to choose what they were going to write up. This quote from their "advertisement" about sums it up...."For this platform's 15th anniversary, we get the Steez Limited decked out in a new finish and a host of upgrades inside." Then they go on to fluff what the marketing jargon means (even though it's all bullshit) ...Then remember....I do this in ONE take live. With no #ucks given about the brand on the box.

And lets not forget the reel has not even been spooled or casted, just saying.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:25 pm

Wow, nice.... taking swings at TT. I'm always suspicious of those who try to boost their own credibility by taking shots at an established entity.

For the record, the "Hyper" hype annoyed me too, but that's not the point of our preview articles. They're simply first looks at something that's new or that's coming. The critical content comes after we've had a chance to fish a product for a period of time to see what it's about. Daiwa doesn't send me product anymore ever since the Zillion TW vs Tatula article I wrote several years ago :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:29 pm

CFDoc wrote:
That's interesting. This is my first Steez since the Steez A, so I've been out of the loop on the iterations. Doesn't surprise me though. Like I said in the article, Daiwa never says what HyperDrive really means and the double bearing support on the pinion is something they had been doing previously as well.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:39 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:09 pm
CFDoc wrote:
389Maverick wrote:

Pretty simple to digest.

I'm just not understanding why someone would purchase a 600$ Limited reel, without doing any research first and foremost, expecting some kind of ground breaking technology that will revolutionize the Steez platform, and then wish he would have saved said 6 bills....was it about generating views on his channel, to each their own I guess.

That being said, goes in the comments, and drags out this drama, cause the man is still salty bout getting banned on here, and I quote;

Compare this video to the Marketing Wanks at Tackle Tour and their shilly write up.....remember this....They had all the time in the world to choose what they were going to write up. This quote from their "advertisement" about sums it up...."For this platform's 15th anniversary, we get the Steez Limited decked out in a new finish and a host of upgrades inside." Then they go on to fluff what the marketing jargon means (even though it's all bullshit) ...Then remember....I do this in ONE take live. With no #ucks given about the brand on the box.

And lets not forget the reel has not even been spooled or casted, just saying.
Yes; of course it was about generating views. His whole pompous shtick while doing it while feigning potential buyer’s remorse was clear to me. Never having watched any of his previous videos, it seemed like an act to me was intended to get views. I went on to watch another one of his videos where he bashed Visser reel company. He certainly does not give an eff, as he advertises, but it seems more like a shtick than something completely unbiased. Nonetheless; dude knows how to disassemble a reel.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:42 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:09 pm

I have no intentions of getting in the middle of a TT vs TA spat. I can appreciate both entities for what they are.

But asking TA to have researched this reel before buying is a bit disingenuous isn’t it? The Steez Ltd clearly boasts a lot of new technology on the box. So I don’t know how much ‘research’ could have been done to find out otherwise beforehand.

And I do agree that his shots at TT are low class and not necessary. However, I am 100% in agreement with his conclusion after watching the complete tear down and comparison to 6 year old Steez models that interchange all the way down to the bare parts.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Yes; of course it was about generating views. His whole pompous shtick while doing it while feigning potential buyer’s remorse was clear to me. Never having watched any of his previous videos, it seemed like an act to me was intended to get views. I went on to watch another one of his videos where he bashed Visser reel company. He certainly does not give an eff, as he advertises, but it seems more like a shtick than something completely unbiased. Nonetheless; dude knows how to disassemble a reel.
This all seems very true for me as well.

I browsed his channel and see he absolutely bashes Shimano, Daiwa, Abu, Lews, spinning, bait casting, etc. pretty handedly.

He seems to be an equal opportunity playa hata lol. But the hating generates clicks if not more than positive dribble over and over like 99% of the other YouTube channels.