Steez ltd sv tw

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez ltd sv tw

Post by reason162 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:51 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:29 am
I’m simply saying his opinions/conclusions while he does it are of no interest to me.
Watch it on mute :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:22 am

CFDoc wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 pm
389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm
Not exactly sure what’s good about the video, all i hear is “maybe, i don’t know, i guess”, hence his first impressions without any concrete facts.

Dude knocks the reel without even taking it out on the water, throws nothing but shade, and the spool which he probably bent on the table lol, i digress, and everyone eats out of his hand saying “Diawa” sucks!?

The spool is different, it’s my understanding the set plate, handle side plate, and gear/pinion are also different from the previous Steez model.

Unless i’m 100% certain, i won’t go knocking a company based on simple assumptions, especially when having an audience.

There was once a time when the greats were on here, and I’m not talking bout Scooby Dooby Spew, the true OG’s lol, when they would call you out on this kinda BS lolol.
We must of watched different videos.

He took the two reels down part by part. Noticed they were both the same except for the stiffer spring in the SV boost spool. Then even checked part numbers on things that were supposed to be ‘hyper’ improved only to find they were the same part numbers in the non ‘hyper’ reel.

Pretty simple to digest.

It’s 100% marketing BS from Daiwa. How is there even a debate on this?
Exactly like the previous gen of limited Steez. Fancy paint Steez in limited production with a new spool. Honest not disappointing at all if you knew what you were in for.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:41 am

LowRange wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:22 am
Honest not disappointing at all if you knew what you were in for.
except for that bump in price ](*,)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:56 am

LowRange wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:22 am

Exactly like the previous gen of limited Steez. Fancy paint Steez in limited production with a new spool. Honest not disappointing at all if you knew what you were in for.
I have zero knowledge of previous Ltd Steez’s so I’m legitimately curious...did the previous Ltd Steez also come with a box and marketing that advertised 5 NEW technology improvements that ended up being nothing more than a spool and paint?

Regardless, I find the ‘blame the consumer’ narrative interesting to say the least. Especially at this price for a product.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:00 pm

I think the joke is on many of y'all for not doing your due diligance. From the Diawa Steez LTD product page, front and center.

"So far, DAIWA has only appealed to the technology that stands out from the others, and has not dared to disclose the many excellent features that accompany it to avoid complications. In 2021, DAIWA reiterates that technology and experience are the best weapons."

If you don't speak Japanese, I will translate:

R&D developed and implimeted this stuff a long time ago, but we had a bad marketing guy and didn't know the best way to tell anyone. In 2020 we finally hired a marketing guy that used to work for 13 Fishing. If you are still confused about what is new, see chart below:
Hyper Chart.jpg
Hyper Chart.jpg (39.29 KiB) Viewed 4289 times

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Its funny to me how they began marketing double bearing pinion support when they have this since, what? the 90's? LIKE WHAT!????? :laugh1:

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:40 pm

I knew I smelled 13 fishing marketing there lol =D> =D> =D>
Maybe the next step is to hire everyone from 13 fishing and some googans for a good measure.

FrankN209
Angler
Angler

Post by FrankN209 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Watch the latest video from copycat site on this reel. Just a bunch of renamed parts, nothing really new....

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:44 pm

My personal opinion is it is still a steez. I appreciate collectors collecting these reels. I appreciate fisherman spending all that they have this year on them. Marketing so what? its a Diawa Steez. I hope the guys that bought them are happy. Heck man if it wasn't for you guys on tackle tour I would never even know that you could buy a Steez limited or change a spool. I'm glad you guys have the guts to battle it out and tell the truth. Opinions vary and man some days I dont know what I would do not hearing about the best spool or reel and without your opinions I think. I guess I'm just waiting for the pics of a wicked new Steez decked out on a JDM rod I have never seen before.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Jeep wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:44 pm
My personal opinion is it is still a steez. I appreciate collectors collecting these reels. I appreciate fisherman spending all that they have this year on them. Marketing so what? its a Diawa Steez. I hope the guys that bought them are happy. Heck man if it wasn't for you guys on tackle tour I would never even know that you could buy a Steez limited or change a spool. I'm glad you guys have the guts to battle it out and tell the truth. Opinions vary and man some days I dont know what I would do not hearing about the best spool or reel and without your opinions I think. I guess I'm just waiting for the pics of a wicked new Steez decked out on a JDM rod I have never seen before.
Jump to page 3 Jeep. Polk always has the shizzle.

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeep » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:58 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:55 pm
Jeep wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:44 pm
Jump to page 3 Jeep. Polk always has the shizzle.
You guys do rock it man and I appreciate it for sure it's the trying to keep up with asking the wife that gets me in trouble...

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:58 pm

reason162 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:51 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:29 am
I’m simply saying his opinions/conclusions while he does it are of no interest to me.
Watch it on mute :lol:
:D Yeah man; good advice. Since I discovered these the other day, I think they might also serve me as good maintenance tutorials and to learn about the necessary tools. His camera angle set up is perfect to actually see what’s going on in there.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm

rto wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:01 am
adam lancia wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 am
So, after a decade or more of Daiwa's limited reels being repaints, a guy who knows the ins and outs of most reel manufacturers doesn't see that a second bearing on the pinion isn't new?

The second pinion bearing isn't new at all. It's the same discreet pinion bearing, meaning not shared with the spool bearing, as seen in previous models.
I know, that's what I meant. The second opinion bearing has been on every single Daiwa I've owned. Certainly he didn't think that was a new feature... Something just doesn't add up about how upset it sounds like he's got over this reel.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:42 pm

For a guy that has said,
“adam lancia wrote:I will not be watching the video...
You seem to not be short on definitive opinions about the video.

And if you would actually watch the video, statements like this,
adam lancia wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm

The second opinion bearing has been on every single Daiwa I've owned. Certainly he didn't think that was a new feature...
wouldn’t be necessary. But since you’re hell bent on the ‘head in the sand’ approach, I’ll try to clear up some of the details.

The marketing fodder for the new Steez Ltd is suggesting 5 NEW technologies. They are as follows:

1.) Hyperdrive digigear. The video shows there are no changes to the gear. Some have suggested there may be a ‘U’ vs ‘V’ difference, but the video magnified closely and they look exactly the same as non digigear gears.

2.) Hyperarmed housing. The video shows there is nothing different about the housing other than paint color. They are EXACTLY the same.

3.) Hypertough clutch. Again, means nothing. Clutch is exactly the same as previous model. Identical part numbers.

4.) Hyper double support. Again, means nothing, exact same system and part number as before.

5.) Hyper SV boost. Finally a difference!!! The stiffer spring spool.

Daiwa’s marketing ads on Facebook, the box the reel is shipped with, and the official information on Daiwa’s website all suggest the ‘hyper’ additions are something new and not rehashed items from the past.

Now go watch the video so you won’t have to make posts like these going forward.

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:17 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:42 pm
For a guy that has said,
“adam lancia wrote:I will not be watching the video...
You seem to not be short on definitive opinions about the video.

And if you would actually watch the video, statements like this,
adam lancia wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm

The second opinion bearing has been on every single Daiwa I've owned. Certainly he didn't think that was a new feature...
wouldn’t be necessary. But since you’re hell bent on the ‘head in the sand’ approach, I’ll try to clear up some of the details.

The marketing fodder for the new Steez Ltd is suggesting 5 NEW technologies. They are as follows:

1.) Hyperdrive digigear. The video shows there are no changes to the gear. Some have suggested there may be a ‘U’ vs ‘V’ difference, but the video magnified closely and they look exactly the same as non digigear gears.

2.) Hyperarmed housing. The video shows there is nothing different about the housing other than paint color. They are EXACTLY the same.

3.) Hypertough clutch. Again, means nothing. Clutch is exactly the same as previous model. Identical part numbers.

4.) Hyper double support. Again, means nothing, exact same system and part number as before.

5.) Hyper SV boost. Finally a difference!!! The stiffer spring spool.

Daiwa’s marketing ads on Facebook, the box the reel is shipped with, and the official information on Daiwa’s website all suggest the ‘hyper’ additions are something new and not rehashed items from the past.

Now go watch the video so you won’t have to make posts like these going forward.
👍🏼 👍🏼 This guy gets it.