I require red

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: I require red

Post by toddmc » Fri May 06, 2022 9:08 am

LowRange wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:46 pm
toddmc wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:21 am
Here is another poor man's Personal Order that I think I have posted on here before :D It's good to see some Fuego love on this thread. This workhorse has been seeing a lot of use lately throwing small hardbaits. The Ray's spool is great for that.
Those old 36mm Ray's spools are special. Mine is a pitching machine. They have slightly stiffer springs than SV spools and maybe other Ray's spools. They seem to snap back at bit more forcefully than other air brake spools. I wish I had a 2nd without holes like yours. Also nice color match with the spool.
They are solid spools. I would buy a few more if I could find them. That spool makes it into several of my TD Fuego and TD Zillion reels of various ratios because I like it so much. I'm gonna see if the ones with holes are still available to have another 36 mm spool. I have spacers for 34 mm spools in these reels, but I like the 36 mm spool because I fish a lot of heavier fluoro.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 06, 2022 9:12 am

toddmc wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:08 am
LowRange wrote:
toddmc wrote:
Here is another poor man's Personal Order that I think I have posted on here before :D It's good to see some Fuego love on this thread. This workhorse has been seeing a lot of use lately throwing small hardbaits. The Ray's spool is great for that.
Those old 36mm Ray's spools are special. Mine is a pitching machine. They have slightly stiffer springs than SV spools and maybe other Ray's spools. They seem to snap back at bit more forcefully than other air brake spools. I wish I had a 2nd without holes like yours. Also nice color match with the spool.
They are solid spools. I would buy a few more if I could find them. That spool makes it into several of my TD Fuego and TD Zillion reels of various ratios because I like it so much. I'm gonna see if the ones with holes are still available to have another 36 mm spool. I have spacers for 34 mm spools in these reels, but I like the 36 mm spool because I fish a lot of heavier fluoro.
There is a new Ray's ported spool for these reels. Amo also had a ZPI like fixed inductor one but I hear its really fast. Probably only good for pitching.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri May 06, 2022 9:17 am

LowRange wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:12 am
toddmc wrote:
LowRange wrote:
toddmc wrote:
There is a new Ray's ported spool for these reels. Amo also had a ZPI like fixed inductor one but I hear its really fast. Probably only good for pitching.
I was looking at the Amo, but it doesn't have enough capacity with 20 lb. Sniper that I use to bomb bladed jigs with the wind. I may try the Ray's Steez HLC spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 06, 2022 9:23 am

toddmc wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:17 am
LowRange wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:12 am
toddmc wrote:
LowRange wrote:
toddmc wrote:
I was looking at the Amo, but it doesn't have enough capacity with 20 lb. Sniper that I use to bomb bladed jigs with the wind. I may try the Ray's Steez HLC spool.
For 20# sniper I would be using my IP spools. I use 16# sniper to throw dark sleepers into wind with my IP68 gear swapped IP79. Does the trick. Skipps well too. At 20# sniper I want my Zillion HD with the T wing and fixed inductor spool. Pitching 20# sniper? Yeah I use my Ray's for that but pitching is all that spool does and it does it well.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am

Obz wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:27 am
toddmc wrote:
OG Fuego! Sick reel. Been looking to find a Sol on the cheap to convert for bfs.
The TD Fuego is still a relevant platform when you make upgrades like brass TDZ gears, add 5 bearings, and Carbontex drag. I bought a few Sol's for BFS at the same time when both platforms came out. I got tired of forced BFS fishing during tournaments on highly pressured SoCal lakes back in the day, and sold my two Sol's. I wish that I would have kept them because of all of the spools available today. I do prefer 7.2 gears that I have in my SV105.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Fri May 06, 2022 9:18 pm

toddmc wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am
Obz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
OG Fuego! Sick reel. Been looking to find a Sol on the cheap to convert for bfs.
The TD Fuego is still a relevant platform when you make upgrades like brass TDZ gears, add 5 bearings, and Carbontex drag. I bought a few Sol's for BFS at the same time when both platforms came out. I got tired of forced BFS fishing during tournaments on highly pressured SoCal lakes back in the day, and sold my two Sol's. I wish that I would have kept them because of all of the spools available today. I do prefer 7.2 gears that I have in my SV105.
The higher gear ratio makes sense. I think the slower sol would be enough for brookies. If I can't find one I'll convert a TD z.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sun May 08, 2022 8:42 am

Obz wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:18 pm
toddmc wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 am
Obz wrote:
toddmc wrote:
The higher gear ratio makes sense. I think the slower sol would be enough for brookies. If I can't find one I'll convert a TD z.
I'm headed to the Eastern Sierras with eight buddies on Thursday. We catch mostly rainbow trout, but also quite a few brookies, browns, and cutthroats, along with a few largemouth in the Owens River. The brookies are at the high elevations and are usually tiny. My tuned SV105 will be with me.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Sun May 08, 2022 9:36 am

Nice! You may have talked me into converting my sv105 to bfs and buying a zil sv100 g for my tube dark sleeper rod. Have fun on your trip!

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Mon May 09, 2022 10:50 am

Just came in this morning! Going to be pair with the 6'9 steez universal light 😁
Attachments
20220509_090809_resize_60.jpg
20220509_090809_resize_60.jpg (34.05 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 am

Obz wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:36 am
Nice! You may have talked me into converting my sv105 to bfs and buying a zil sv100 g for my tube dark sleeper rod. Have fun on your trip!
Those are good choices! :D Thanks

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Jbc88 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:50 am
Just came in this morning! Going to be pair with the 6'9 steez universal light 😁
Please report back on that reel's performance. I'm curious about it. I like the gray scale reels that are out now, but we have quickly ran out of the colorful options that Daiwa was formerly known for.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:22 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm
Jbc88 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:50 am
Please report back on that reel's performance. I'm curious about it. I like the gray scale reels that are out now, but we have quickly ran out of the colorful options that Daiwa was formerly known for.
Will do... going to compare it with the alpha sv tw and the 2020 tatula sv.

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 am

That Salamandura looks sweet. That is what that is correct?

Jbc88
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jbc88 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:49 am

Kimbro1014 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 am
That Salamandura looks sweet. That is what that is correct?
That's correct... I also mentioned in the other post that I found out it also came with a drag clicker.

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:16 am

Nice, I’m loving the drag clickers on the Zillions. Is it as smooth as the new Zillion? I’d really like to get another dock skipper that’s smoother than my 2017 Tatula SV. The 2017 Tat SV is almost impossible to backlash but feels super geary after converting over to the Zillions.