Legit Design rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Legit Design rods

Post by SSS » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:23 pm

Don't hear much from this brand, but have seen a guy bank fishing with one, and it seemed like a pretty solid rod with a clean build. Anyone has any experience with these?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Legit Design rods

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:28 pm

This is a boutique brand, which is hand-built in Japan. Their builds are bordering on perfection, among the cleanest I have ever seen, tbh. Overall, the Wildside is an especially good value. Cal has reviewed 2 of their series here on TT.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:22 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:28 pm
This is a boutique brand, which is hand-built in Japan. Their builds are bordering on perfection, among the cleanest I have ever seen, tbh. Overall, the Wildside is an especially good value. Cal has reviewed 2 of their series here on TT.
Yea, i've read them both. But a bit confused, on their review, it says Made In China, which i believe because pretty much every rod that is built in Japan, you will see Made In Japan written somewhere on the blank.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:45 pm

SSS wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:22 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:28 pm
Yea, i've read them both. But a bit confused, on their review, it says Made In China, which i believe because pretty much every rod that is built in Japan, you will see Made In Japan written somewhere on the blank.
I may be wrong, but thought they were made in Japan. Possibly, they originated in Japan, then outsourced to China, much like Megabass. Even so, their builds are outstanding.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 pm

Built in China
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:28 pm

Cal wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:02 pm
Built in China
Thanks for the clarification. Been a long while since I read the reviews. A member here has the 610MH and he loves it.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:08 am

Why do you think I include that info in my articles? So I can look it back up! :lol:

Btw, we have more than 2 articles on Legit Design:

2020 ICAST Intro

Wild Side WSC75XH Big Bait Special

Wild Side WSC72H+

Stand Out SOC70H

Stand Out SOC66L+

Don't sleep on the Stand Out series... really good value and performance combo.
Cal, Managing Editor

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:09 am

SSS wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:23 pm
Don't hear much from this brand, but have seen a guy bank fishing with one, and it seemed like a pretty solid rod with a clean build. Anyone has any experience with these?
I was underwhelmed with the 67L+ spinning I had - blank loaded funny with fish on, and most decidedly NOT good value if you're paying current US MSRP. To me it's on par with last generation Exprides if that, taken blank/components together.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:50 pm

This thread makes me want to try them even more so than before.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:53 pm

SSS wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:50 pm
the usual effect of TT Forums ;)
Cal, Managing Editor

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:42 am

Cal wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:53 pm
SSS wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:50 pm
the usual effect of TT Forums ;)
lol that plus the fact that its a niche brand, and i don't remember the last time i had a rod from a niche company, so kinda curious.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:08 pm

The verbose review on TW about the 6'10" Med Mod-fast is my personal input on this model...I think this model is excellent overall, but the lineup would be better in the $300-$335 price range for all their models. But unfortunately, everything in this NWO Globalist world is hyper-overinflated for "retail pricing".

In my hands, this specific model is stellar as an all-purpose med powered mod-fast rod, and the fit and finish is excellent+, much better than other rods in this price range and even more $$$.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/LEGIT_D ... -LEDW.html
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:52 am

I’ve got the wss61l and the soc66l+, and really enjoy using both of them. Definitely very nice rods at their price point. I really need to grab one of their more power oriented rods

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:39 am

I have review on one
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:49 am

I have the 72H+. It's an XXH sawed off Hudd rod. I like it out of the kayak for slinging big baits around docks. It's such a monster that it is overkill for 1oz range baits and will destroy hardware even with the give of big mono. I caught a bunch of big fish on that rod last year getting into big baits and it has a permanent home. Just don't think it's a jig rod or even a tip up rod. It's a short big bait rod.