Rod Action

Is there any other species?
FourEyes45
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Rod Action

Post by FourEyes45 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:57 pm

Hi Gang,
I need a little help in making my mind up. I want a 7'6" Kistler Rod Should I go with a Heavy or the X- heavy action? MMMMM . I fish a lot of lay downs and Grass. IN rivers and Lakes.
Thanks
Walter

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Rod Action

Post by Lightninrod » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:25 am

Walter: Not going to be much help but I have 3 Kistler Helium LTA's, 7', Medium Casting rods. They are the only ones I've held or used and I absolutely love them. I fished with the first one on a Sunday and Monday, I ordered my second one. I fish 95% of the time in what i call a 'swamp pond' that is covered with lay-downs, stumps(in 13' of water!), etc. and they are working perfectly. That first time on Sunday, I caught 8 Bass--all on a buzzbait--so yes, I love mine :lol: .

Dan

FourEyes45
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by FourEyes45 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:03 am

LightingRod,
Thanks for the reply. I e-mailed Kistler and got a reply back from Trey, He said to get the X-Heavy for my purpose. Boy they are fast and ready to help at Kistler. Will have to drive about 2 hrs to pick the rod up, and they will not come off the List price at all.hehe
Hope you have a great day.
Thanks
Walter

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Reno Reeler » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:55 am

FourEyes45,

Since your going to pick your new Kistler rod up in person, could you take your digital camera with you and take some pictures of the factory and the Kistlers? That is if you have a digital camera.

Happy new rod!

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:40 am

You're welcome Mr eyes 8) . I'm sorry but I didn't see that you were getting or interested in their Heliums. Now I see you were. I'd be interested in your reaction to that action/model as all three of mine are MC.

What a great idea Reno!!!

Dan