Tokyo Rig

Is there any other species?
tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tokyo Rig

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 am

Please share your thoughts and experiences with using this technique. Do you prefer casting gear or spinning gear? What size reels work the best? How about rods? What's your preference? Don't forget your line choice.

tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tokyo Rig

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:14 am

I might have to check this rig out. Just watched a YouTube video with S. Feider and he seemed to like it and said several positive things about fishing it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:59 am

I’ve been messing around playing around with this rig
I use casting gear exclusively and I use 3/16 tungsten and light wire hooks
But I’m now moving into heavier weights. I use sunline floro 12-16# and the GeeCrack lure gets violently bit. I don’t know what it is about that lure but I also use the missile baits craw father and some creature baits especially the
DoLive beavers.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 pm

"goldrod" - nice to see your input. Feider was kind of comparing this rig to a power dropshot. Did you notice any increase in the number of bites or quality of bites while using this rig?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm

tacklejunkie2 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 pm
"goldrod" - nice to see your input. Feider was kind of comparing this rig to a power dropshot. Did you notice any increase in the number of bites or quality of bites while using this rig?
I can say it’s definitely a main stay in my Arsenal and I will be pitching with it. I initially thought about a power drop shot as well but to answer your question I do feel that I get better bites in grass and I get hung up less. I have limited time with this rig and I’m still learning. The Tokyo rig and the Jika rig are similar but my first choice is the jika over the Tokyo.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm
tacklejunkie2 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 pm
I can say it’s definitely a main stay in my Arsenal and I will be pitching with it. I initially thought about a power drop shot as well but to answer your question I do feel that I get better bites in grass and I get hung up less. I have limited time with this rig and I’m still learning. The Tokyo rig and the Jika rig are similar but my first choice is the jika over the Tokyo.
what's the advantage of jika over Tokyo that makes u prefer it?