Pork, And Other Random Items

Is there any other species?
DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Pork, And Other Random Items

Post by DarkShadow » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:32 pm

So, I went Marie Kondo on my walk in closet where I have all my tackle stored the other weekend. I have no idea why I have all this stuff I'll never use. (Who keeps 4 dozen empty Megabass lures plastic boxes?! I barely throw the baits that lived inside those boxes.) So, I donated a bunch of stuff I never use and 'leaned' my collection up.

As I was going through stuff, I pulled a box out and found a bunch of Uncle Josh Pork bottles, who have seen better days. One jar didn't even have any of that salty brine in it, and the purple trailers looked like colorful pork rind.

I haven't fished those things in decades! I remember how fun it used to be trying to pull them off your jigs at the end of the day.

Anybody still use pork as a jig trailer? Does having pork increase your bites, in your opinion? Or could you have been using a plastic trailer and still got the fish to go?

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Pork, And Other Random Items

Post by Drakestar » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 am

I’ll take those pork bottles off your hand! :D Check eBay, there’s a good market for it. Still hard to find plastics that are equally soft in cold winter water.

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff you'll never use?
Drakestar wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 am
I’ll take those pork bottles off your hand! :D Check eBay, there’s a good market for it. Still hard to find plastics that are equally soft in cold winter water.
You know, I think I'm gonna channel my inner hipster and start using these older baits. I wish I had found the trailers a few months ago cuz I've been having a good jig bite this winter and early Spring. And I usually use some JDM trailers, and after the air fare, losing one every fish can get costly. This pork will last until the next pandemic.

I also just found a few Mann's AugerTails that I remember used to be killer down at the local pond. Gonna throw a few those and a few of these Creme plastic worms in my bag this weekend when I hit a few lakes from the shore. I remember using them to scare my sister when I was a kid. That nightcrawler pattern was on point.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:49 pm

I still use pork once in a while. Unlike any other.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Just have to rotate them to get off the hook. But yes. #101 for me from a smallmouth guy. Year round on one combo.

UJ has been reintroduced but found one just as good during their hiatus.

Good fishing.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:41 am

I have a couple of jars of rare #33 and #34 Uncle Josh pork crawdads if anyone is interested.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 pm

Uncle Josh pork is back btw. New supplier, mixed feedback on quality, but may be a worthwhile purchase. https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/search- ... uncle+josh