Just my thoughts

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Just my thoughts

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm

I was able to take out my Conquest 100hg DC reel today after spooling it up with 8lb izorline and put it on the expride rod I use for jerkbaits. Originally it had a TDZ R+ reel with a new zpi spool (002 S I think). Anyways as you probably are aware, one of the most important things if not the utmost important thing to have when fishing a jerkbait is a smooth drag. This thing just shines in that regard. I know there’s already a TT.com review on this reel and I’ve read it several times before taking a gamble on my first DC reel.
That being said I did the dumbest thing and tried to put the line through the spool like I normally do. Yeah I guess I missed that part!
Whatever you do , don’t do that

Outside of that is it a better reel than what I already had? To me it is only because I can do all the things I would with the previous reel however now it’s most effortless.

If you desire a racing design rod I would like to say consider this one thing first. I have a super stallion with a Steez Ltd and 105 spool (Thanks Tim). This spool in this reel is really why I considered writing this post. It’s just a man’s on slice of fulfillment in pitching and casting esp 3/16. )

I’ve fished both rods and both are Extremely sensitive. I don’t feel like I’m missing any with my super stallion but at the same time when I’m fishing with the racing design I feel like when you’ve done 10,000 curls and you pick up a bottle of water! That feeling! That’s the RD difference in my humble opinion.

Lastly there are few things in life that are a sure thing and since life is short I will give you 2. You’ve got to try that 105 spool in a Steez Ltd and lastly the DStyle thruster creature bait gets bit. With an unpegged weight it will take a few seconds to hit the bottom. Fish can’t stand this thing. It’s soft enough to use a Flippin hook and durability is good. When you get to cutting the appendages you can do anything and it’s no slouch on a swim jig plus it’s flat so you can skip it.
I have more thoughts but I’m piling up my for sale stuff
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Just my thoughts

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:23 pm

The 105 spool you mentioned is the TDZ 105 spool, correct, Jorrick? Told you it was a pitching machine in that reel!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:03 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:23 pm
The 105 spool you mentioned is the TDZ 105 spool, correct, Jorrick? Told you it was a pitching machine in that reel!
Yes Sir
I have not found anything like it for pitching.
I knew it was good but man it’s awesome! ! 14lb floro
I was just digging through spools and doing some reading on Mag force V and Z
as I have some weird spool with the V o label on it. But anyways Yes Sir the 105 spool is among a small group of spools that I’d make such a statement with confidence.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:17 am

Gonna have to look into this spool

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Are the Steez Limited magnets different than the OG Steez?

DaveJ

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:38 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:38 pm

DaveJ
I’m not sure Sir. One of the magnet gurus will have to answer that question
What I do know is the spool is distinctly different in this reel(-to me IMHO )

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 am

I got a couple TDZ 105 spools recently I think with a great condition TDZ I couldn't pass up. Will have to try one in my Steez that I don't use much.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:02 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:38 pm

DaveJ
I don't think so. The SLP Works 105 G1 spool behaves exactly the same in the LTD 105XH and the OG Steez.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.