None Truths in Bass fishing

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

None Truths in Bass fishing

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:51 pm

That a high speed reel helps you catch up to the fish.
😂
Man the fish i catch must be on racing fuel cause I’ve never caught up to them.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: None Truths in Bass fishing

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:32 am

That talkin loud scares off the fish. Or anything scares them. At least on our river, I have literally motored up, cut it off, and caught them immediately.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:39 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:32 am
That talkin loud scares off the fish. Or anything scares them. At least on our river, I have literally motored up, cut it off, and caught them immediately.
Yeah man I’ve heard that as well. Your account is too funny
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am

Use dark or even black lures at night. Do the baitfish suddenly color change after the sun goes down?
The fish are deep when it's hot, especially big fish. My 2 largest bass (11-3 and 13-2 came in less than 8 fow, both in the middle of July, in mid-afternoon. I caught this one a couple weeks back on a swimbait that basically wakes, right around noon at 90*. The pond is only 8 ft deep at the dam lol!

Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:12 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am
Use dark or even black lures at night. Do the baitfish suddenly color change after the sun goes down?
The fish are deep when it's hot, especially big fish. My 2 largest bass (11-3 and 13-2) came in less than 8 fow, both in the middle of July, in mid-afternoon. I caught this one a couple weeks back on a swimbait that basically wakes, right around noon at 90*. The pond is only 8 ft deep at the dam lol!

Do bait fish suddenly change color?
Now that’s a free 🤔 thinker

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:16 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:12 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:20 am
The fish are deep when it's hot, especially big fish. My 2 largest bass (11-3 and 13-2 came in less than 8 fow, both in the middle of July, in mid-afternoon. I caught this one a couple weeks back on a swimbait that basically wakes, right around noon at 90*. The pond is only 8 ft deep at the dam lol!

Do bait fish suddenly change color?
Now that’s a free 🤔 thinker
I am guilty of this BAD. Have always used black w/ red flake at night. The 31.5 inch Walleye I caught was motoring up and cutting off, like I mentioned. Will post the picture as soon as I figure out how to again.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:56 pm

:lol22:
PEACE

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 am

On that same tangent, the oft repeated “Loud thumping baits at night” …. As if after sundown baitfish, bugs, etc all of the sudden sound like a cabinet full of pots and pans tipping over. I’ve caught more than a few quality fish in the dead of night on flukes, tubes, worms etc. That’s us silly humans applying our human sensibilities to a creature that relies on primarily vibration to locate prey whereas we rely on sight & sound to navigate throughout our world.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Moon cycles and freshwater fishing…

If you believe in some mystical effects of moon on bass, pike or musky, then you should also consider your zodiac sign and consult with your local gypsy future teller before each fishing trip.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 pm

rando wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:52 pm
Moon cycles and freshwater fishing…

If you believe in some mystical effects of moon on bass, pike or musky, then you should also consider your zodiac sign and consult with your local gypsy future teller before each fishing trip.
=D>