Owner haymaker

Is there any other species?
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Owner haymaker

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:56 am

I just got three packs in
I was kinda excited then I got it and it almost looked like the jungle ewe BUT it’s not. So I’m just going to give it a shot
Whose used them? I’m wondering if you snell or tie?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Owner haymaker

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:29 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:56 am
I just got three packs in
I was kinda excited then I got it and it almost looked like the jungle ewe BUT it’s not. So I’m just going to give it a shot
Whose used them? I’m wondering if you snell or tie?
They look like EWG hooks someone pulled too hard on to free from a stump.

I am sure they are absolute monster hooks and will improve hook up ratios, but I wonder if that upturned point will cause rigging issues. I have to stay very weed less in our White River, not sure that point would stay buried in the plastic well. I have however accidentally bent out my favorite Owner Bullet Heads, and after bending them back the angle was much like this Haymaker. Improved hookups on fish for sure then. Like it is angled ready to come out of the plastic. I figure they will be a winner like most Owner products, but think the negative will be weed less ability and staying rigged good on the plastic.

boatinpete
Angler
Angler

Post by boatinpete » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:31 pm

I myself will be trying this hook.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:40 am

Todd Castledine swears by them. They are always sold out at Cabela's/Bass Pro near me.